Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 03-17-2015, 09:27 PM   #1
BadAquaBluSS
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS/RS, Red 85 Z28
The Bad Aqua Blue SS

Well guess some of you may know I started my build this past weekend. It didn't go well, for starters weatherman lied, rained all day Friday, to top that wasn't able to get in to my friend shop to use a lift, he had piles of work, so I had to resort to the backup plan, yes do it in the garage at my house. Just could not get really motivated to do anything with wind blowing water into the garage, but I did manage to install my gauge pod and gauges Day one scrapped. Saturday got a chance to get the car up on jackstands so that I could remove the transmission and install the Streets Slayer Triple, (got a good deal from Thomas on a rebuilt one), saved a little cash. also added new GM slave cylinder, Tick Performance Remote Speed Bleeder and Clutch Reservoir Relocation kit. I cleaned up the trans and did the slave cylinder modification to install the bigger throw out bearing that came with the clutch, before I could get that thing back in Jack crapped out, scrapped another day. Now Sunday had to go looking for a replacement transmission jack, was able to get one. Finally got transmission put in late Sunday night, another day bites the dust. Forward fast to Monday, removed headers spark plugs and intake manifold, installed refurbished Stock exhaust manifolds, AGPs billet adapter for the oil pressure sensor and turbo oil lines. Then the fun begin, put the Waste gates on the exhaust adapters, install those to the car and installed the turbos and the heat Shields before I shut everything down and called it a night. To say I left home today thoroughly depressed and disappointed would be an understatement, and then it got worse? Got a call this morning seems I am being sent to Mississippi for a month and a half, but I can go home on the weekends if I can get all the work done before the weekend, I'll be driving home on Friday nights returning on Sunday nights to get a few hours on the weekends to work on my car, i'll be adding a few pics that I've taken while I was working. Stay tuned I think this build may take a while
AGP Twin Turbo, RPS Triple Carbon Clutch, ZL1 Diff with 3.73 gears and Kooks 3" Stainless Steel Exhaust with X Crossover, Kooks Stainless Steel Mufflers, Go Fast Bits EBC, AEM Methanol injection and AEM gauges UEGO and Fuel pressure, Livernois's dual fuel pump, KB Boost a Pump, AUS 1000cc injectors, Full BMR suspension with Koni shocks, JDP Color Changing Halos, Color Changing Scanner Light Bar and Rockford Fosgate T Series Amp's Kicker L7 Sub's.

Build Thread:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=400372
BadAquaBluSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 11:55 PM   #2
BadAquaBluSS
H-Town Camaro Club

Just a little update

Here's some pic's I took while working on my project, got home last weekend and put a few more hours in working on the car, before I had to pack up and head back to Mississippi for work. I think I can finish it this weekend coming if I can get home a little earlier, well here they are.
Attached Images

AGP Twin Turbo, RPS Triple Carbon Clutch, ZL1 Diff with 3.73 gears and Kooks 3" Stainless Steel Exhaust with X Crossover, Kooks Stainless Steel Mufflers, Go Fast Bits EBC, AEM Methanol injection and AEM gauges UEGO and Fuel pressure, Livernois's dual fuel pump, KB Boost a Pump, AUS 1000cc injectors, Full BMR suspension with Koni shocks, JDP Color Changing Halos, Color Changing Scanner Light Bar and Rockford Fosgate T Series Amp's Kicker L7 Sub's.

Build Thread:
Old 03-25-2015, 12:05 AM   #3
BadAquaBluSS
H-Town Camaro Club

More Pic's

Here's a few more from last weekend
Attached Images

Build Thread:
Old 03-25-2015, 12:16 AM   #4
BadAquaBluSS
H-Town Camaro Club

Pic's part 3

here's more pic's
Attached Images

Build Thread:
Old 03-25-2015, 12:21 AM   #5
BadAquaBluSS
H-Town Camaro Club

Pic's Part 4

last of the weekend
Attached Images

Build Thread:
Old 03-25-2015, 12:35 AM   #6
StephenofSD
SoCal HT5

Drives: 2014 2LS A6 "Storm"
Love to see how everything is coming along, keep up the hard work!!

Mods
Exterior: Fender Hash Stripes, Z/28 Spoiler
Interior: Led Map Light, Green Led Footwell Lighting
StephenofSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 01:48 AM   #7
BadAquaBluSS
H-Town Camaro Club

Thankfully encouragement, I've been working hard at it every chance I get. I work out of town every week so when I get home on the weekend whatever time I have, I put into this car, stay tuned should be done this weekend. ��

Build Thread:
Old 03-26-2015, 06:53 AM   #8
mp51998

Drives: Black 2011 2SS/RS
Its coming along nicely. Is it me or do those turbos hang low? I am planning to use this kit in the next couple of months myself. My car is already lowered. I'd hate for the turbos to be the low point of the car. What size turbos did you go with and what are you doing for fuel? Keep up the good work. You'll be happy when your done.
mp51998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 11:35 AM   #9
BadAquaBluSS
H-Town Camaro Club

Hey thanks for the comment, the turbos do look low but I still have to clock them to the right position and re-torque them. I'm using the 54/57 with the .82 AR housings, should be good to 1000 RWHP, when I go with the forged bottom end. I have the Livernois dual fuel pump, a Kenny Bell 40a Boost a pump and an AEM Methanol injection kit, fuel should be good for now. Then I can make an appointment with Pat G. and get it tuned, stay tuned.

Build Thread:
Old 03-26-2015, 12:45 PM   #10
1KillerSS
Too much is never enough!

Drives: AGP TT SS [COTW] 4/20/15
Send a message via Skype™ to 1KillerSS
Nice build! I'll bet your dying to drive it. I couldn't stand the wait, and once I finally got in it and drove it I was blown away. Good that your installing the BAP, Thats next on my list, I'm shooting for the month of May to install it and then go for a retune and up the boost with the additional fuel. Do you plan on running a boost gauge? Sweet ride man.
AGP TT kit, 54/57 Forged rotating assembly, Custom grind cam... Dual nozzle meth, ID850's, Livernois dual fuel pumps, ECS BAP, 25% UDP, 3 inch Magnaflow catback with X pipe, Mantic 9000 clutch, DSS 1000hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, ZL1 rear end, solid subframe bushings, HE differential offset bushings, BMR Trailing arm, BMR toe rods, Lingenfelter LNC-2000,SJM Line Lock. 747 whp 714wtq

Build thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...55#post8107855
1KillerSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 12:05 AM   #11
BadAquaBluSS
H-Town Camaro Club

Thank you much 1KillerSS, i'm using the Go Fast Bits electronic boost controller that I bought from AGP for my boost gauge, I thought long and hard on the boost a pump Livernois's recommended it for higher horsepower cars, figured I'd do it all at once, after all this I don't want to have to tear anything else apart for a while, LOL

Build Thread:
Old 03-27-2015, 08:59 AM   #12
mp51998

BAP with twins huh. I'm going with a Fore triple and 1500cc injectors. Going to run E85 with flex fuel option Initially I'll have way more fuel than needed but like you I plan to forge or go bigger cubes in the future. Also like you I don't want to have to revisit fueling later. Keep us updated please. Maybe I'll come up and see your car. I'm in Corpus Christi but come to Houston pretty often.
Old 03-31-2015, 10:42 AM   #13
TheBandit18

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2ss M6
Get any further on the build??
TheBandit18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 11:53 AM   #14
mp51998

I forgot to add that if you still have the tranny out you may want to put a speed bleeder on now. I didn't and regret it. Gonna have to try to do it the hard way.