Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 04-14-2013, 02:48 PM   #1
Decepticon21

Drives: 2010 Camaro v6
How Do I Get Door Trim Glue Off?

I have chrome Door trim on my doors and I want to take them off but they been on so long the glue has hardened and looks like total crap underneath the trim pieces... Im not sure what to use to take this stuff off with out hurting my paint anymore if it is already? What stuff will take this off?
Decepticon21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 03:29 PM   #2
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Drives: #198
Well sometimes there's nothing you can do and you might get a little marring. It should be easy to polish out though if that happens.

The best thing to try first is 3M adhesive remover: spray on, let it sit for 30 seconds to one minute, spray some more, and try wiping it off.

If that doesn't work, then try some lacquer thinner: Pour some on a blue shop towel and wipe softly against the glue.

Please check out my youtube detailing channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/roshan517

"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you will be successful."
ihaveacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote