Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

Old 08-29-2013, 02:59 AM   #1
pay_day33

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS, Inferno Orange
College Football and bye bye BCS

This is it. The first day of NCAAF and I can't wait. Anyone else looking forward to Friday and especially Saturday? Also, it's the last year for the BCS. Thoughts, comments, questions about the new playoff-ish system we get next year?

PS... Please don't hate on my mid-major Broncos. It's all we have in Idaho!!!
Old 08-29-2013, 06:16 AM   #2
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
To me, college football was about tradition.

I never wanted a playoff system and I never wanted the BCS.

I grew up with the Pac 10, and having the Rose Bowl be between the Pac 10 and Big 10. That got ruined as soon as the BCS happened and calls for some annoying more distinct "National Champion".

There are too many college teams for such a system to work well, and too much disparity between the top and bottom teams for it to work fairly and correctly.

As long as top teams get to play creampuff teams for a good record and running up the score...it's a crappy system.

Frankly...WHO CARES WHO IS NATIONAL CHAMPION...for me it was all about the fun and atmosphere of college football. College football has been ruined by money and people who think there has to be a distinct national champ. I've really stopped watching ALL college football except for the UW Huskies and WSU Cougars (Apple Cup)...because the rest of it just plain sucks these days.

Pac 12? ARRRRGGGGHHHH....pisses me off. Using 1 game every few years at the Rose Bowl to host the BCS???? Sigh....
Old 08-29-2013, 06:42 AM   #3
AGM 1LE

Drives: 14 SS/ 1LE
Maybe the SEC will finally get taken down in the playoff system and the media will stop being on their nuts all the time.

But I agree with it all being about money with all the conference realignment and playoff system, it sucks and kills some of the good traditions out there. MD and Rutgers to the B1G really? they both suck at football and its only so the conference can get a TV audience on the coast.

GO Bucks!
Old 08-29-2013, 11:17 AM   #4
Caddyroger

Drives: 2011 RJT Camaro LT2 RS auto shift
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dallas View Post

I grew up with the Pac 10, and having the Rose Bowl be between the Pac 10 and Big 10. That got ruined as soon as the BCS happened and calls for some annoying more distinct "National Champion".

There are too many college teams for such a system to work well, and too much disparity between the top and bottom teams for it to work fairly and correctly.

As long as top teams get to play creampuff teams for a good record and running up the score...it's a crappy system.

Frankly...WHO CARES WHO IS NATIONAL CHAMPION...for me it was all about the fun and atmosphere of college football. College football has been ruined by money and people who think there has to be a distinct national champ. I've really stopped watching ALL college football except for the UW Huskies and WSU Cougars (Apple Cup)...because the rest of it just plain sucks these days.

Pac 12? ARRRRGGGGHHHH....pisses me off. Using 1 game every few years at the Rose Bowl to host the BCS???? Sigh....
I agree with you get rid of this national championship. It does not matter how it done they will be controversy on who plays who for the championship.
Old 08-29-2013, 11:35 AM   #5
Rod Knock

Drives: 2003 Dodge Viper/2011 IOM SS vert
I love all the smack talk between teams from different conferences. The bowl games and specifically the BCS encourage teams to play better teams from outside their conference in order to get ranked higher. I am SOOO ready fr college football season to start
Rod Knock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 03:12 AM   #6
pay_day33

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS, Inferno Orange
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dallas View Post

Never really looked at it that way I guess. I do hate the creampuffs that big schools schedule just for wins, but the non conference ranked match ups are awesome.
I wasn't really around during the traditional "glory days" of the Notre Dame/Michigan/Nebraska etc. so the BCS and system we have now is all I've really known.

Good luck on Saturday with your Huskies if you're still following them this year. I've been looking forward to this opener for a while.
Old 08-30-2013, 03:47 AM   #7
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by pay_day33 View Post
Never really looked at it that way I guess. I do hate the creampuffs that big schools schedule just for wins, but the non conference ranked match ups are awesome.
I wasn't really around during the traditional "glory days" of the Notre Dame/Michigan/Nebraska etc. so the BCS and system we have now is all I've really known.

Good luck on Saturday with your Huskies if you're still following them this year. I've been looking forward to this opener for a while.
AHHH!! I'm a Cougar!