Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 02-09-2010, 09:17 PM   #15
Jferrell88

Drives: black 2ss/rs
this is interesting excited for results i love magnaflow stuff just wish it was louder
Old 02-09-2010, 10:57 PM   #16
2010SSRSM6

Drives: My wife crazy with my C5 usage.
Sounds nice. Looking forward to the results. What is this cold stuff you speak of? It was 70 here today. (30 and raining now, but still)

The best part about California, the weather. The worst part, everything else.
Old 02-10-2010, 11:54 AM   #17
Jekyll-N-Hyde
I put the FU back in FUN

Drives: 1969 SS 396 , 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post

If you think I was wishy washy about the exhaust you should've read some of my emails on deciding if I should even get the car or not.

Nooooooooo you were not. All in Good reason its good you have a good head on your shoulders and think things through thats why you got others who think the same way and stand by when you need a 2nd opinion.

In time In time

btw exhaust is going to sound good. I think you made a good choice with everything that you have chosen to go with and do

I will put money on it both of our cars will show up or be at the dealership at the same time lol Mines expected there Friday ( then there is the weather )

David
Jekyll-N-Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 02:10 PM   #18
Johnwayne
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Yep the camaro comes with 2.5 mandrell bent pipes anyway! Mine was dirt cheap
Johnwayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 10:31 PM   #19
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Ok...picked up the car today and drove straight to the muffler shop after letting the wife drive it around a little. By the time I got to the shop I have about 35 miles on it.

I only have pics at the moment. I accidentally left the camcorder at home but I plan on getting some video this week.

Here is my conclusion:
For the money this is a GREAT upgrade! The stock exhaust is just way to quiet and although this is still not extremely loud it is a nice deep tone and is loud enough to slightly here it in the cabin even with the music up some. I am very happy with the sound.

Because this is done by hand the welds aren't quite as nice as I would like but again for the price I can't complain at all and as long as you're not under the car you'll never see them. The shop also used standard aluminized exhaust pipe instead of stainless steel but again for the money and the fact that I'll probably change out this system to a 3" one once I get headers I can't complain at all.
I would say that if I had a little extra money I might have gone with the SOLO Mach-X but since I'll be able to buy a Hurst Shifter with the left over money I'm still glad I went this route.

The shop originally quoted me $130 to do it all but he started complaining that it took a little longer than he thought. I ended up giving him $150 but I bet he charges around the $175 range next time. So I have $173 in parts plus $150 in labor for a total of $325. I would’ve had about $225 in this setup if I decided to not go with the Magnaflow tips. I'm glad I choose the Magnaflow tips but the factory ones are not bad at all and I'm sure most will just re-use the factory ones.

I would definitely recommend this combination to anyone (resonated X-pipe, no resonators, muffler delete). If you have a little extra money then I would say go with a SOLO Mach-X for $750. If you're budget minded go with the local shop and spend $225-$350 depending on the tips.
Attached Images

-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 10:33 PM   #20
caverman

More pics....
Attached Images

-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
Old 02-15-2010, 10:51 PM   #21
Waco
Layla

Drives: '10 2SS/RS, LS3, CGM/IO
Can't wait to hear how it sounds.
Waco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 09:03 AM   #22
Camar0wn3d
formerly "wh0rsep0wer"

Drives: 2016 1SS Summit White
Giggity. Looks great man.

2012 2LS - Black A6 (SOLD)

2016 1SS Summit White A8
Camar0wn3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 09:32 AM   #23
R1CH

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS 6M
Glad it turned out like you wanted man, it looks great can't wait to hear how it sounds. I think I may go this route or something similar. I may just cut out the H pipe and resonators and replace it with an un resonated X pipe, then replace the stock trashcan mufflers with some Hushpower Pro Series shortie mufflers. I don't know... I'll wait until I hears yours
R1CH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 11:12 AM   #24
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Maybe recommend a Sawsall instead of a torch for nice clean cuts, otherwise a decent job.

How is the Drone in the cabin?, you said you had to turn your radio up.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 12:07 PM   #25
caverman

Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
Maybe recommend a Sawsall instead of a torch for nice clean cuts, otherwise a decent job.

How is the Drone in the cabin?, you said you had to turn your radio up.

I agree on the Sawsall....I didn't like some of the welds as much either but then again it was a cheap job. I don't think performance was hindered in any way...just doesn't look as pretty. After all if you re-use your factory tips you can get it done for about the $250-$275 range.

I don't hear any drone that I can tell. It actually sounds really good to me. Then again I've only got about 70 miles on it so you'll have to give me some time to make sure it's not there.

Sorry...if I had a misunderstanding on the radio. I've actually been barely turning it up so I can hear the exhaust ...I like to listen to that right now. What I was meaning to say is that even if the radio is up some you can still hear it but not by very much. No need to turn up the radio....actually turn it down so you can hear it rolling through the gears.

Again...I think this basic setup whether you do it from a local shop or SOLO Mach-X or Magnaflow Comp Series is a very good choice for these cars. Of course I'm a little bias now.
Build Journal
Old 02-16-2010, 01:23 PM   #26
GraysonPeace
"Go on the last yellow.."

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99 CGM
The muffler guy suggested to us that he spray an undercoating spay on ours (black so you can't see the pipes) to prevent the welds from rusting out in a week! We are very happy with the sound and so are the neighbors.
GraysonPeace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 07:16 PM   #27
mtbikerinme83

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3-M6
if the muffler guy used stainless pipe and stainless welding rod, it shouldn't rust out for a very long time.

Previously:
2010 IBM 2SS LS3-M6
CAI intake with JRE race scoop, VMax TB, Solo HF Catted Mid pipes, and JRE SCT tune
mtbikerinme83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 08:05 PM   #28
ADM PERFORMANCE

Drives: Anything I want
You need to come by my shop as soon as possible ......I have something for you for free.

Prefer you bring a truck, you will thank me.

Andy
ADM PERFORMANCE is offline   Reply With Quote