Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 04-10-2013, 06:54 AM   #15
SgtRock

Drives: 2013 2SS/1LE, 1967 RS
Had mine almost two weeks now. Been driving in 20-70 deg weather here in Ohio to break it in. Track time late May early Jun starts... It does wander but makes the trips interesting.
SgtRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:45 AM   #16
1LeSS

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS VR 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluBlud View Post
I noticed this driving mine home from the dealership, it was right around 40 degrees and just like you said - it just seemed to randomly wander. Coming from a truck, I just figured steering was more sensitive to an uneven road than what I was used to. Hasn't happened since.
Either way, I'm sure glad it's getting warmer to see just how sticky this rubber can get!
Noticed the wandering as I heading down the hwy. This kinda makes sence if its because of cold temps. It was only +3C when I drove it (sunny but cold)
I've got a break in trip coming of 1500km and will take it in for an alignment upon my return. I've had lots of new cars and trucks and it seems every 2nd one needs a tweak in the front end after break in. I think its good security especially when playing with these tires.
1LeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 01:16 PM   #17
bpdcop100

Drives: 2013 1LE,
I have almost 10 k miles on mine. I just did a track (March 16) event at Summit Point in WV. The first session the track was wet and 40 degrees. The tires made the car almost undriveable. The next 5 sessions were dry and once the tires got some heat in them they were great. I have not been able to get the car to move on the slightest amount of snow if there is a hill. I saw the Z28 will have 19 inch rims will some type of tire other than the Goodyears
bpdcop100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 10:41 PM   #18
djnice

Drives: 13 ZL1 SIM, 99 Z28 Black
Sounds like the roads are shitty every where these days. I really doubt the temperature makes them pull more in ruts. probably the negative camber and wide tire.
Old 04-12-2013, 02:28 PM   #19
Cam1LE

Drives: 2016 2SS
I've very impressed with the tire perfomance. Cold temps means harding of the compound but from experience as long as youre aware of that you'll be ok. 5000 miles on mine already. Got one of teh first ones out last November. My only problem is that I'm enjoying the car and will most likely need new tires before I get another 5000 miles.
Cam1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 06:34 PM   #20
fgg60
Sweet Annie!! BRM

Drives: '13 2SS/RS 1LE BRM NPP CF5
Quote:
Originally Posted by djnice View Post
Sounds like the roads are shitty every where these days. I really doubt the temperature makes them pull more in ruts. probably the negative camber and wide tire.
Believe me, it's the cold! I drive on the same roads and there was a very noticeable difference on those same roads when it warms up from when it was in the 30's. The car stops drifting and bouncing all over the place once the temperature warmed up. The tires hardened up significantly when the temperature drops. you can feel it.
Old 04-13-2013, 02:17 PM   #21
cincidlr

Drives: SS1LE
Picked our 1LE about 3.5 weeks ago in Cleveland and drove to Cinci in wetish 35 degree temps. Tires are like stones in the cold and was extremely cautious and even then it was very easy to spin them and have the it step up on me. Since then we have had a few 80 degree days and the tires were great. It appears that the car is definitely set up as a warm/hot weather driver. So if you are wanting to see the maximum perfornance (i.e. speed/handling/braking) you will need to wait until the temps at least in the 60's. If I planned on driving in the Winter, which I am not, i would go with a 19 x 40 or even 45 Blizzack or comparable tire. Bottom line is if you need drivability on a daily basis regardless of the weather, the F-1s probably arent the best tire for you. However, if you plan to go to the track several times a year and can limit your driving to warmer days I think the F-1s are the way to go...so far. Personally all season tires would be too much of a compromise. Keep in mind i am speaking from the experience with a car with less than 1K mi.
cincidlr is offline   Reply With Quote