Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 11-07-2013, 07:12 PM   #71
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
...agreed on the last post, it's a big brass ring to grab and enjoy, at times there are many other wordly influences that brings about change and causes one to make tough decisions.., and the decision by the majority on selling I surmise with a reasonable degree of cetainty, being an owner and lifetime Camaro enthusiast, has nothing to do with the car itself...just life gets in the way. The car is all that, it is stout, it is sound, and it's the top 'o the line Camaro for now. It beats the snot out of imports costing tens of thousands more in the performance catagory. It's a legend in it's own time. I like to see a comparision, rather than a suspect singular observation of one particular model, of others in its class that are for sale. Oh so many ZL1's for sale, I bet its relative across the board.
Old 11-07-2013, 08:30 PM   #72
MIZL1

Drives: Just a few!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmoZL1 View Post
I always find that the people that actually have one or had one? Are not the ones so worried about material. If you are so worried about material? Then why even look here? Here is the biggest fact: People that can afford to worry about "cheap plastic" are driving the Merc, Porshe, etc.. The one thing I hate is someone picking apart the car that was offered to the American public (primary market) for the best bang for your buck ever offered from an American manufacturer. 580HP? Bullet proof Trans? World class suspension? Brakes? Geez, kills me. Uh wait, it's got rubber tires, could have put glass in the windows, what? Carbon fiber? six piston calipers? What a waste. YEAH, Sure... Oh its too heavy, It can't beat a car that costs tens of thousands more. I love all these world class designers on this site telling us all how bad this car sucks. Guess we are lucky they didn't design the ZL1. To all the C5 members that get tired of the whiners? Let them know..Pitiful

X2, Well said!

No one whom has ever been in my car on a hard "reliable" run ever said poor interior. They a amazed 55k stock car can run that well with some of the best technology on the market at any price point. Buying a stock used in the mid 40s looks like a easy purchase for anyone looking for a monster performer that is reliable! Another 3k in mods and its a different animal again. Great car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MIZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 08:46 PM   #73
thelid
Big Papi

Drives: 69 plain jane
Correct me if I'm wrong witch happens a lot. In 2012 there were under 1900 zl1's made and now they discontinued the victory red and the clear coated carbon fiber hood insert. To me that means in years down the road my zl1 should be more collectable than others.
thelid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 09:46 AM   #74
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
Traded my ZL1, so I'm in that crowd. '12 models lacked a few things for me, so I let it go. I'll be back in a ZL1 it'll just be a newer model year after I see the 6th Gen.
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 10:19 AM   #75
SMN2011Z28
Always a work in progress

Drives: 2014 RRM SS RS 1LE
I've been shopping ZL1's pretty hard nationwide watching prices very closely and from what dealers are saying, the majority of folks are jumping to the C7. That being said there is a wide range of prices out there from the one or two still new 2012 ZL1's to the very lightly used 2013's. I've seen as low as $45k loaded minus NAV for a 2012 and up to $60K for a 2013 with 5k miles. My point is that the ZL1 is not being subjected to market norms...yet. I equate it to my 2008 Z06 which I bought in 2011 for $52. The next year the price average dropped to the mid $40's and now you can one for pretty cheap.. I think ZL1 will hold its collector value better rather than dropping across the entire model. Hopefully that makes sense.

In other words regardless of how many there are out there, they aren't being subjected to market mood and the prices are staying pretty high. I think it will stay that way for a while regardless of how many or why people get rid of them.
SMN2011Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 10:24 AM   #76
bowtiefamily

Drives: Chevrolet
I don't care I am keeping mine. I love the ZL1. Well of course if the unforeseen circumstance pops up and I need the money then I will sell. If not it will be passed on to my children.
Old 11-08-2013, 08:54 PM   #77
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelid View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong witch happens a lot. In 2012 there were under 1900 zl1's made and now they discontinued the victory red and the clear coated carbon fiber hood insert. To me that means in years down the road my zl1 should be more collectable than others.
...1972 actual consecutive model production if I remember correctly....
Old 11-08-2013, 09:26 PM   #78
daveagogo1
TRI COUNTY TAMPA

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS VR/BLK A6
You see a bunch for sale simply because many couldn't afford it in the first place. Now some of these so called reasons are just absurd.

Some of these reasons or complaints above are mind bottling. A 1ss should come in all plastic? What do you think they come with? Hell, the only thing not plastic is the steering wheel outer, the shifter handle, carpet and cloth seats. The rest of the entire interior is plastic.

As for a Mustang GT. Please. There is no Mustang GT with a better quality interior than a ZL1 or even a non cloth SS for that matter. I owned one and i call Rattles all day BS.

It's mainly a few reasons. Couldn't afford, bought what they thought was a drag king that can barely keep up or beat a full bolt on SS or didn't like the car period or moved on to a Vette.

Overall though the car is worth the money and is great at what it was made to do right out of the box with a warranty. People think these cars are so expensive but, forget that the average suburban soccer mom is driving an SUV that cost's more than a 2SS does.

daveagogo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 11:23 PM   #79
gen=5

Drives: 13 ZL1 vert blac fastlane/LPE 750
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinw View Post
i dont know how anyone could afford to drive a ZL1 as a daily driver. the gas alone would kill a person. i have a 2 lt for daily use, only 275 miles on it since i bought it.
wow, 61K for a Z28, and my friend bought his 94 Z28 new for 24K new.
For me its My DD when I do drive,and if sell it I am getting a new 2014 GM truck,and having FASTLANE drop either a ZR1 crate motor,or a LS7 in it so my wheelchair can be lifted in and out of the bed with a lift..for some of us its not about the price of gas,as we either dont drive much or their work is close to home.....I drove a srt10 with a S/C in it that dyno @683rwhp everyday (40miles a day)and got worse mileage than my ZL1 before I was wheelchair bound...

But for those that cant afford to pay for the gas either should not get it,or if they can afford to have a second car should do so...Its not a car that anyone that has to worry about their bills should really get. I would think it might take the enjoyment out of it if you have to pitch your pennies just to drive after spending so much to get it.
I would hate to look at it,knowing that if I was someone that had to pay a grand or close a month for it,and could not afford to drive it.!!!! just IMOP be smart buy a nice 70's Z with 500rwhp for 20k,and beat the crap out of it,while being able to drive it everyday with Zero payments and 50 bucks a month for insurance..
Old 11-09-2013, 12:42 AM   #80
gen=5

Drives: 13 ZL1 vert blac fastlane/LPE 750
Quote:
Originally Posted by *007 View Post
Thank you for highlighting the key points. Most don't really know about this. I hated to bring it to their attention, but that was why I first stated,,,, "not intending to throw stones here" because many on this board may be (or not at all) part of the <660. But I felt it certainly could explain the plethora of cars on the market and thusly the new "cash for clunkers"… based on "free credit"...
Although I paid cash for my ZL1,Yes I think it is much easier to get a loan from GM than from ford,so that might be why there are the silly how much are your payments being posted ,wondering if they got screwed..I know a friend of mine went to ford with a score of 600 or less,and could not get a good deal on a loan. He went to Gm and they were willing to give him Zero down using the 1,000 rebate to cover it and Zero% financing ? crazy HU ? I loaned him 4k to even lower his payments more if GM was going to offer that to him..(he did not purchase a ZL)
Correction the Gt500 cost more full loaded than the ZL1 . GT500 is 68,720k even though the ZL1 has a 900 destination charge plus a $1300 gas guzzler tax in all states as far as i know of and the GT500 has no gas guzzler tax.. pricing works out to be 66,610 for a loaded ZL1 vert. some of us my of paid less for their vert but it didnt have every option on it.
I got those pricing from the dealer sites,and read a couple comparison sites that printed the same pricing. now as far as the coupe,ford lower its base price of the GT500 to match the price of the ZL1 so it would sell all of the GT500 models from 2013. being the options can be changed from car to car unless either the base or the all option models are compared it makes no sense to do IMOP...
Old 11-09-2013, 01:09 PM   #81
redredrage

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS manual all stock
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveagogo1 View Post
You see a bunch for sale simply because many couldn't afford it in the first place. Now some of these so called reasons are just absurd.

Some of these reasons or complaints above are mind bottling. A 1ss should come in all plastic? What do you think they come with? Hell, the only thing not plastic is the steering wheel outer, the shifter handle, carpet and cloth seats. The rest of the entire interior is plastic.
right the dash and side pannels should be plastic..... i believe the steering wheel and shifter as leather is a good thing.....

but i think the very cheap all plastic\vinyal all the way around would position the 1ss better compared to the 2ss

a bad ass dude in his 20s shouldnt want or care about having a cadillac of a car but certianly wants the power

and as for the v6 i think it would better positioned to only come with the tremec mannual and also maybe make it turbo ready by spending the extra $100 on forged internals for the teenie boppers.... the v6 has more power than what the v8 had.

real men are able to buy new corvettes at 35, which is why i bought my camaro new at 26
redredrage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 01:21 PM   #82
robertchevypowe427

Drives: 2SS Camaro
I was going to by one till I test drove it is smogged down my car now with cam headers and intake is more Hp with no supercharger on it I am up gradeing mine I just bought ZL1 rims u are better off to by SS then refit it your self for Haf the coast but if u live in CA NY NJ or and states with Emissions then u have to buy stock and leave it stock
robertchevypowe427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 02:10 PM   #83
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by gen=5 View Post
Although I paid cash for my ZL1,Yes I think it is much easier to get a loan from GM than from ford,so that might be why there are the silly how much are your payments being posted ,wondering if they got screwed..I know a friend of mine went to ford with a score of 600 or less,and could not get a good deal on a loan. He went to Gm and they were willing to give him Zero down using the 1,000 rebate to cover it and Zero% financing ? crazy HU ? I loaned him 4k to even lower his payments more if GM was going to offer that to him..(he did not purchase a ZL)
Correction the Gt500 cost more full loaded than the ZL1 . GT500 is 68,720k even though the ZL1 has a 900 destination charge plus a $1300 gas guzzler tax in all states as far as i know of and the GT500 has no gas guzzler tax.. pricing works out to be 66,610 for a loaded ZL1 vert. some of us my of paid less for their vert but it didnt have every option on it.
I got those pricing from the dealer sites,and read a couple comparison sites that printed the same pricing. now as far as the coupe,ford lower its base price of the GT500 to match the price of the ZL1 so it would sell all of the GT500 models from 2013. being the options can be changed from car to car unless either the base or the all option models are compared it makes no sense to do IMOP...
That's prolly once in a lifetime thing everybody I know and knew always told me that the. told me that Ford and Dodge's are easier to get than a Chevy. All of them drove or drive dodges and fords.
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 02:23 PM   #84
rray

Drives: 2013 GAZ 2SS/RS
The real reason lots of used cars are available is the really low interest rates. People can get an equipt stingray for $300 a month less than there ZL1 costs them.

-Robert