Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 01-24-2011, 05:37 PM   #337
TornadoSS
WICKDSS

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS IOM LS3
Just dropped my 2011 SS off at dealer body shop for rear spoiler paint chip repair. Sounds like all they want to do is fix the chip area and re-shoot the clear coat? Not impressed with the handling of this issue. The service manager at my dealership and the body shop guys have never heard or seen this issue before? I even printed out the document that has the repair process and parts listed on it and they all looked at it like a cave man looking at something for the first time!!! WTH? I live in a city of 400,000+ people and there are a lot of camaros running around here.......I hope they fix it right.
TornadoSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 05:48 PM   #338
Godon Hutchinson

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS Imperial Blue Metallic
Sent mine to the dealer back in like november, Was told they were going to paint the entire deck lid and they did. service guy said he would never try to just touch it up. used ppg paint guaranteed for live of car. i wounldnt settle for anything less then entire deck lid repainted.
Godon Hutchinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 04:03 PM   #339
KnightRiderSS
Voodoo Medicine Man

Drives: Black 2SS with RS package
Stopped by Sullivan-Parkhill Chevy in my hometown with the service bulletin in hand. Of course the body shop supervisor says he had never heard of it (experience everyone else has had), but, said he would order the revised washer kit and call me when they get it in.

I also have a small chip in the right rear bumper about the size of a tic tac....he quoted me $450 to repaint but $25-30 to wet sand/touch up...I am trying to decide what to do there....
Old 01-25-2011, 04:39 PM   #340
Coop

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
Where is this service bulletin for this problem?
2010 Camaro 1SS Inferno Orange Magnusson Supercharger Installed and Tuned by ADM Performance, Roto Fab CAI IOM painted, MBRP Cat Back Exhaust, Barton Industries Short Shifter, Clear Image Headers, Pedders coilovers, BMR Front/Rear sway bars Trailing Arms and End Links, VMax ported TB
Coop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 05:49 PM   #341
KnightRiderSS
Voodoo Medicine Man

Drives: Black 2SS with RS package
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop View Post
Where is this service bulletin for this problem?

posted a few pages back by someone else....here it is again
Attached Images
File Type: pdf 2549392.pdf (865.0 KB, 453 views)
Old 01-26-2011, 11:18 AM   #342
IronMike

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro SS/RS
Noticed mine a few weeks ago, thought the problem was a fluke till I stumbled across this thread.. Called GM dealer, Taking mine in tomorrow.
IronMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 11:26 AM   #343
xLoGiK1

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS Camaro
I've noticed chips under my spoiler a few months ago but have been hesitant on taking it to the dealer for repair. Has anyone had issues with the paint not matching? Also if they are going to repair it then I expect the whole trunk lid to be repainted and not just the where the chips are located.
xLoGiK1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 11:55 AM   #344
ChvyBoss
THAT BOOST TURNS HEADS

Drives: Camaro 2SS/RS
Just noticed this pass weekend that I have this problem and I've only had my 2011 2SS/RS for 6months. Hope the dealer takes care of it.
Old 01-26-2011, 12:52 PM   #345
Mrvnmartian

Drives: 2010 SGM 1LT (Manual)
Since there is an official TSB the dealership has to take care of it. Each dealership is different as to what they do, paint the whole lid or just do touch-up. The bulletin doesn't specify what they should do in this area.
Important: It is important to perform the paint repair to prevent future corrosion concerns.
11. Repair any paint damage on the rear compartment lid.
I had mine done in Dec and they just did the touch-up, paint matches. The spacing is much higher and I do not forsee any further problems.
Mods: Flowmaster, Solar Gard Window Tint, Front Bowtie from Gary's Customs, Green LED dome & trunk lights from AAC, Painted calipers used G2 paint, Emblem Pro underhood bowtie, Stealth Bulb turn signals.
Mrvnmartian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 12:56 PM   #346
windzurfer
Roll Tide!!!!

Drives: 1987 Yugo
Dudes, quit grabbing the spoiler to open and close the trunk lid. use the Bowtie, at least if that pops off it's cheap to put back on. The paint is chipping because the spoiler flexes when you pull on it.
windzurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 01:20 PM   #347
Nomad

Drives: '11 2SS/RS RJT M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by windzurfer View Post
Dudes, quit grabbing the spoiler to open and close the trunk lid. use the Bowtie, at least if that pops off it's cheap to put back on. The paint is chipping because the spoiler flexes when you pull on it.
Sorry but that's inaccurate. I've never touched my spoiler to open or close the decklid and I have the chips. I've used the bowtie every time. It's a design tolerance issue.
Vararam CAI, Elite Engineering Catch Can, Separate Clutch Fluid Reservoir, Ghost Armor Full Protection Package, Chromed Turn Signal Bulbs, RPI Stealth Splash Guards, Skip Shift Eliminator, Defenderworx Chrome Bowtie Inserts, Pfadt Trailing Arms, Camaro Decal Store CGM Hood Spears with "376ci" custom text, Billet Depot/Drake Underhood Polished Caps, CGM Lug Nut Decals, Pedders Front Radius Rod Inserts, JacFab Front License Plate Bracket
Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 02:08 PM   #348
ssummit camaro

Drives: 2013 1LE on order TPW 12/31
That is correct it is not because of how the trunk lid is closed. I have been to the dealer and seems every cars spoiler is gapped differently, and just to be sure i close mine using the bow tie to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by windzurfer View Post
Old 01-26-2011, 03:35 PM   #349
windzurfer
Roll Tide!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssummit camaro View Post
That is correct it is not because of how the trunk lid is closed. I have been to the dealer and seems every cars spoiler is gapped differently, and just to be sure i close mine using the bow tie to.
that is correct that it is correct that is not hot the lid it closed.

Maybe it's the serious horsepower we're laying down, get going so fast that the spoiler flexes, lol, seriously though I'm only kidding.
Old 01-26-2011, 03:36 PM   #350
windzurfer
Roll Tide!!!!

How old are yalls vehicles? I'm thinking of checking mine and taking the print out with me when I go pick up my tags in a week or so and have them do it then.

Tags
chip, paint, spoiler