Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 01-17-2014, 09:51 PM   #43
Awdition
Camaro out>CTS-V coupe in

Drives: CTS-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by BronxxBombers213 View Post
OP- how long and how many miles have you had these? In december just installed a brand new set purchased in september… I'm afraid to see the same problem one day
They have about 15,000 miles on them...and they are a couple of years old (i.e. likely to be the bad batch from what I read).

To everyone else who has posted on this thread, I didn't mean for it to turn into a Pete/Pedders bashing session - I found Pete to be very helpful - I just figured that the man was busy and I'd have to be patient for responses from time to time.

Whatever happened/happens between Pete and Pedders AU, we'll probably never know...but in my opinion regardless of what happened, Pedders AU should still do the right thing and honor warranties/return calls even if they have a grievance that they are settling in court...they made these things with faulty seals, not Pete.
Old 01-17-2014, 09:57 PM   #44
Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Convertible
https://business-bankruptcies.com/cases/pedders-usa-llc
Old 01-17-2014, 10:13 PM   #45
So Cal Camaro
So Cal Race Team

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awdition View Post
They have about 15,000 miles on them...and they are a couple of years old (i.e. likely to be the bad batch from what I read).

To everyone else who has posted on this thread, I didn't mean for it to turn into a Pete/Pedders bashing session - I found Pete to be very helpful - I just figured that the man was busy and I'd have to be patient for responses from time to time.

Whatever happened/happens between Pete and Pedders AU, we'll probably never know...but in my opinion regardless of what happened, Pedders AU should still do the right thing and honor warranties/return calls even if they have a grievance that they are settling in court...they made these things with faulty seals, not Pete.
Exactly, ultimately Pedders Au is responsible for the product they sell...so while you're bashing people, direct it where it should be with the manufacturer that has said nothing knowing the US market is hanging right now because of whatever action they have against Pedders USA, which is only a distributor of their product...
Old 01-17-2014, 10:17 PM   #46
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by So Cal Camaro View Post
Exactly, ultimately Pedders Au is responsible for the product they sell...so while you're bashing people, direct it where it should be with the manufacturer that has said nothing knowing the US market is hanging right now because of whatever action they have against Pedders USA, which is only a distributor of their product...
VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 06:04 AM   #47
toml_pa
ʇuɐıʌǝp lɐıɔos

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3/M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by So Cal Camaro View Post
Just like most corporations that don't care about their customers or their employees. All they care about is more money (corporate greed). I don't question Pete's integrity or his willingness to be helpful. I have found many of his posts very useful. My problem with Pedders is that in my opinion their products are overpriced (corporate greed?). There will be those who say you get what you pay for. That may be true for some considering the added support they get from distributors like Pete. As far as quality goes, there are better prices out there for comparable quality parts. I have spent a lot of money on suspension parts from Pedder's competitors with no quality issues whatsoever.

I just hope Pedders AU sees the light and does the right thing by taking care of their customers. What ever difference they may have with Pete or Pedders USA, Pedders AU needs to understand that the Pedders name is what is on the line here.
toml_pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 07:38 AM   #48
bannonm

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6 VR
Quote:
Originally Posted by toml_pa View Post
I just hope Pedders AU sees the light and does the right thing by taking care of their customers. What ever difference they may have with Pete or Pedders USA, Pedders AU needs to understand that the Pedders name is what is on the line here.
I agree with what you say. Looking at the types of products Pedders AU sells and to what cars, it looks to me like the US market share is probably small potatoes in comparison. What are we talking, suspension parts for a limited number of US vehicles in compared to the wide range of foreign cars Pedders provides parts for. Pedders in the rest of the world reminds me of a Firestone dealer (minus the tires). It's a franchise operation.

I doubt leaving the US market will put a dent in their bottom line, and that they even care.
Old 01-22-2014, 03:58 PM   #49
RaiderSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS2 DeadBLK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob@WretchedMS View Post
If anyone needs to purchase replacement cartridges, please email me rob@wretchedms.com
Please include:
what version of the coilovers you have, (Xa or Supercar),
the spring rate of that unit (the last 3 digits that are stamped on the side of the spring,
and the position that you need (Left Front, etc.)
Your shipping address

I'll do what i can,
For this i need the emails, not PM's, sorry.
Emailed and called... no response
Old 01-22-2014, 04:01 PM   #50
Rob@WretchedMS

Drives: His Wife Crazy
As i stated for this i need emails, not phone calls,
What is your name? I received an email about 1 minute before this post, not sure if that was you.
Rob@WretchedMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 04:23 PM   #51
BronxxBombers213

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awdition View Post
Shit, it wouldnt surprise me if this is all over money owed over time due to warranties pete honored that AU denied... I have read many posts on here where Pete sent 2, 3, 4 replacements over repeated failures when the problem was with something else on the car causing the failure

In my case, I purchased a refurbished set of XA's from a SEMA car for $1k from Pedders with a 2 year warranty. When they arrived, one was leaking all over the box. Within a week, they had sent me a BRAND NEW BOX of XA's for nothing extra, along with a return label to send back the ones that were damaged in shipping.

In my opinion this is above and beyond anything I could have ever expected- to in the end get a 100% brand new set at the price I paid. Just one example of where Pete and Deb got their reputation, but things like this add up.

It wouldnt shock me if what made them so great was their downfall, due to possible differences with AU. 100% speculation here, but prior to all of this, I never recall reading about any situation where they didnt make things right. Their hands are clearly tied right now.
Old 01-22-2014, 04:45 PM   #52
BullF-16
USAF retired! Thank God!

Drives: 2011 1SS, 1LT red,1LT/RS SGM 98Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by BronxxBombers213 View Post
Shit, it wouldnt surprise me if this is all over money owed over time due to warranties pete honored that AU denied... I have read many posts on here where Pete sent 2, 3, 4 replacements over repeated failures when the problem was with something else on the car causing the failure

In my case, I purchased a refurbished set of XA's from a SEMA car for $1k from Pedders with a 2 year warranty. When they arrived, one was leaking all over the box. Within a week, they had sent me a BRAND NEW BOX of XA's for nothing extra, along with a return label to send back the ones that were damaged in shipping.

In my opinion this is above and beyond anything I could have ever expected- to in the end get a 100% brand new set at the price I paid. Just one example of where Pete and Deb got their reputation, but things like this add up.

It wouldnt shock me if what made them so great was their downfall, due to possible differences with AU. 100% speculation here, but prior to all of this, I never recall reading about any situation where they didnt make things right. Their hands are clearly tied right now.
Pete and Deb are much more business savvy than that!
HKE LSX427(Mast blk lbl 305 6bolt LS7heads, PatG231/246 blower cam, RWHP/TQ: 1281/1133 SNL Performance Custom Twin PT6766 BB turbos 4 to 25psi selectable on the Boost Leash controller, Squash dual 400LPH/ID2000s, ALKY 4 gal meth, Autometer AFR/Bst/oilpres/oiltemp/fuelpress gauges, Pedders Justice road crs pkg: All HD bushes, supercar 12kg coil overs, supercar ZL1 sways, camber plates all setup by JusticePete! :Gforce 9" 35spline S-Trac, 1500hp Outlaw axles, 3.5"alum DS, Monster Triple disc; 4xForgeline 19x10.5 4xBridgestone 305/30R19 RE-11, CTS-v calipers/rotors/Cobalt friction XR1/3 pads
BullF-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 08:30 PM   #53
camaro4mybday
"Camaro Joe"

Drives: 2010 SILVER ICE 2LT/RS CAMARO
Send a message via AIM to camaro4mybday
All i can say on this is that what I'm going to say is pure fact. There are many things that are going on with pete and deb. Many things that can not be said so most that you read is factitious! Yes they are in bankruptcy court that is public knowledge. Anything else beyond that there is no truth to. All i can say is don't give up on pete there will be good that will come about from this. Yes there are goods and bad's from every company. Pete was the us division of an established company. Pete did bring them to the us and made them better what they were. This is one man's knowledge backed by good parts. There is a reason pedders is involved with gm, petty, roush, summit racing, lingenfelter, and many more and that is the knowledge and innovativeness of Pete. So before more rumors go flying let the dust settle. When he is able to talk he will and he will shed light on the situation..

If you are having issues with pedders coilovers check with rob anderson he has some ability to help
camaro4mybday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 07:46 AM   #54
Awdition
Camaro out>CTS-V coupe in

Drives: CTS-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro4mybday View Post
All i can say on this is that what I'm going to say is pure fact. There are many things that are going on with pete and deb. Many things that can not be said so most that you read is factitious! Yes they are in bankruptcy court that is public knowledge. Anything else beyond that there is no truth to. All i can say is don't give up on pete there will be good that will come about from this. Yes there are goods and bad's from every company. Pete was the us division of an established company. Pete did bring them to the us and made them better what they were. This is one man's knowledge backed by good parts. There is a reason pedders is involved with gm, petty, roush, summit racing, lingenfelter, and many more and that is the knowledge and innovativeness of Pete. So before more rumors go flying let the dust settle. When he is able to talk he will and he will shed light on the situation..

If you are having issues with pedders coilovers check with rob anderson he has some ability to help
Yep, no point in flogging a dead horse. As I said, Peeders AU's inability to respond to emails is inexcusable. I'm happy Rob from Wretched has offered to help...even if nothing comes of it, it makes me inclined to buy from him in the future.

These damn rears are now as bouncy as F

..anyone need a couple of pogo sticks? I might have some for sale soon!
Old 01-23-2014, 09:46 AM   #55
Stitch

Drives: SS, CTS & SRT-4
Pete is great guy, even got the chance to talk to him personally about a simple question. Hope everything works out for the best for them.

And thanks to Rob for helping out!
Old 01-23-2014, 11:33 AM   #56
RaiderSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS2 DeadBLK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob@WretchedMS View Post
As i stated for this i need emails, not phone calls,
What is your name? I received an email about 1 minute before this post, not sure if that was you.
Eddie D.

Sorry for the confusion I just realized I sent you an email from a different account on Monday...