Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 03-24-2013, 06:20 PM   #29
95birdible

Drives: 2012 1SS Camaro Convertible
Not happening anymore? Really? What proof do you have? Plenty of owners over here that wish they didn't have any problems.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/226942550693692/
"Green Flash"
95birdible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 06:40 PM   #30
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95birdible View Post
After being what I went through and many others, I am gunshy on this current car. Keep thinking not if but when. If I like the looks of the new CRT Cuda Vert my Camaro is going by by. I cannot in good faith sit around and worry about a potential flood, 5th bow, window regulators, etc and only having 3 years of warranty. As I said, my car is driven 6 months out of the year and only on nice days. That will be about 10K by the time warranty is up. My Firebird just turned 100K when I sold it. Bought it with 39K on it. So 61K in 14 summers of driving.
Nobody can blame you for being gun shy.
Mine is just about ready to turn over 10k miles in 9 months. Although I didn't pay anywhere near $40k for mine it was still a sizable chunk of money.
That being said even with the possible problems that may befall me I like this car twice as much as I did my 2010 coupe. But I will say this, if I had as many problems you did I would be gun shy also.
Old 03-24-2013, 10:43 PM   #31
theragtopguy
Lifetime Philly Fan

Drives: 2015 Spring Edition 2SS M-6
Quote:
After being what I went through and many others, I am gunshy on this current car. Keep thinking not if but when. If I like the looks of the new CRT Cuda Vert my Camaro is going by by. I cannot in good faith sit around and worry about a potential flood, 5th bow, window regulators, etc and only having 3 years of warranty. As I said, my car is driven 6 months out of the year and only on nice days. That will be about 10K by the time warranty is up. My Firebird just turned 100K when I sold it. Bought it with 39K on it. So 61K in 14 summers of driving.
OK, what CRT Cuda Vert??? I hear rumors but have found NO evidence that this is actually happening.....do you have a website?

I have had no issues as far a leaky water bags or holes.....but do have the V marks, the TSB was done, but still have them. Until I get a hole or torn fabric, it's not going back.
Tune by DynoSteve via SCTx4 Tuner

One of 82 GF Ragtops built in '15 out of 811 Total

[/SIZE]

theragtopguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:25 AM   #32
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezerss View Post
out here long island new york.. brought SS 2011 convertable in for wind noise and tape recall fix.. Now when I drive it i sounds like Grannys Dentures are loose and shes got hypothermia..... Any recomendations for a Qualified top shop that can deal with this would be great local dealer not interested or qualified, every time I get it back its worse than before..

I would say the best thing to do is to go to any dealership for the service and let us know how the service went. We are here at your convenience.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 03-25-2013, 02:33 PM   #33
95birdible

Here is one link
http://www.caranddriver.com/features...da-future-cars
Here is another
http://www.motortrend.com/future/fut..._for_the_road/
"Green Flash"
Old 03-25-2013, 05:31 PM   #34
theragtopguy
Lifetime Philly Fan

Drives: 2015 Spring Edition 2SS M-6
Quote:
Thanks for those two links!!! Some badass cars right there.....but I need a ragtop, hopefully they will come out with a 'Cuda ragtop.....a 4 cylinder Demon doesn't cut it for me.

Until then, I'll stick with my Silver Streak.
Tune by DynoSteve via SCTx4 Tuner

One of 82 GF Ragtops built in '15 out of 811 Total

[/SIZE]

theragtopguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:01 PM   #35
95birdible

I read it somewhere that the Cuda will be released at the same time in vert form. 6.2 Direct injected Hemi with 520hp in a car the size of the current Stang. I will take mine in Plum Crazy thank you.
"Green Flash"
Old 03-25-2013, 07:11 PM   #36
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
I read it somewhere that the Cuda will be released at the same time in vert form. 6.2 Direct injected Hemi with 520hp in a car the size of the current Stang. I will take mine in Plum Crazy thank you.
I hope this render from Top Speed is wrong, it looks like they just took a Camaro and put SRT in the grille
Attached Images

Old 03-25-2013, 07:59 PM   #37
95birdible

From what I have heard it will be under the new Alfa Romeo RWD platform which is much smaller that the current Challenger. The article also said it would be along the styling cues of the 68 and 69 Barracuda not the 70. Should be interesting to see when or if it appears and what it will look like.
"Green Flash"
Old 03-25-2013, 09:22 PM   #38
OrangeVert
"Catharine"

Drives: '11 2SS/RS LS-3 IOM/IO vert
Quote:
Me too, Jason. My friend Bob is a big Mopar fan (we go to Carlisle in July), and the only reason I didn't consider one is because they didn't have a ragtop. Don't get me wrong, I wanted a Camaro and SS sure, but would have equally considered a Challenger. Goes back to the days of my '71 Barracuda slant 6 vert (yeah I know, weird - but it was all I could afford then).

Quote:
Same here, Jason. OrangeVert is stored winters. Will have maybe 10k after 3 years. I *want* to keep it. but will not support an out of warranty top at $100 +/- per hour for repairs. I ain't no Lotto winner.
Old 03-25-2013, 09:35 PM   #39
brengeek
Not a dude.

Drives: 2012 45th 2ss/rs
95birdible y'all are

Get back to complaining about the convertibles. Will ya??
Old 03-26-2013, 09:55 AM   #40
RagTopBee

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS 'vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezerss View Post
out here long island new york.. brought SS 2011 convertable in for wind noise and tape recall fix.. Now when I drive it i sounds like Grannys Dentures are loose and shes got hypothermia..... Any recomendations for a Qualified top shop that can deal with this would be great local dealer not interested or qualified, every time I get it back its worse than before..
Same thing happened to me after I had the TBS done right after I bought her in 2012. About drove me insane! It took six months to figure out what it was, but my dealer was awesome in helping me figure it out. Turned out the TBS required a rerouting of one of the springs and it was vibrating against a piece of the top frame. The dealer explained what they did, but I can't remember. Anyway, it hasn't rattled since!!
Old 03-26-2013, 12:56 PM   #41
95birdible

Let's see. Keep car till warranty is up then trade in for something else. Or keep car until warranty is up, have top go to hell, then have to pony up 5 grand to get it fixed? No brainer in my opinion. GM you listening?
"Green Flash"
Old 03-27-2013, 01:33 PM   #42
'11 cyber grey vert
"SHARK" Born Apr.26,2011

Drives: 2011 CGM 2LT/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeVert View Post
Me too, Jason. My friend Bob is a big Mopar fan (we go to Carlisle in July), and the only reason I didn't consider one is because they didn't have a ragtop. Don't get me wrong, I wanted a Camaro and SS sure, but would have equally considered a Challenger. Goes back to the days of my '71 Barracuda slant 6 vert (yeah I know, weird - but it was all I could afford then).

Same here, Jason. OrangeVert is stored winters. Will have maybe 10k after 3 years. I *want* to keep it. but will not support an out of warranty top at $100 +/- per hour for repairs. I ain't no Lotto winner.
I am in the same boat.only have about 7000 miles on it.stored winters and only have 1 year left of warranty on roof.I have experienced all the roof issues.I have yet to have 1 trouble free summer of driving.GM Canada has so far refused to issue an extended warranty to cover the top.Guess what...if GM doesn't issue an extended warranty and my top continues to be problematic..guess what happens in 2014....car gets traded and absolutely no other GM product for me ever.
GM ARE YOU LISTENING???? do the right thing and issue extended warranties for the tops!!!
'11 cyber grey vert is offline   Reply With Quote