Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

Old 12-07-2012, 09:00 AM   #1
RBL

Drives: 2010 camaro 2SS
Which trans oil for LS3?

I am a little confused here. I keep looking around the forums and people put automatic trans fluid in the M6? So I guess I would want to purchase and use Redline D4 in my manual car?
RBL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:21 AM   #2
Russell James

Drives: '15 SS 1LE, '69 Z28 drag car
I've found Royal Purple Synchromax to be the smoothest shifting. Haven't tried the Redline, have had such good luck with the RP I stopped trying other brands.
Russell James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:16 PM   #3
Midway Chevrolet Performance Center

Midway Chevrolet Performance Center's Avatar

Drives: 2010 & 2012The Camaro SS
The LS3 Camaros do run ATF for trans fluid. We have found the upgrading it with Redline's D4 smoothes out all the roughness associated with the TR6060. While the RP worked really well also it gets noticably dirtier/discolored after just 15k and some of the notchiness starts to become slightly noticable. The Redline comes out clean and is still shifting smooth.
We stock both in our Performance center and the Redline outsells the RP 10 to 1 at least. I stock the RP for my diehard RP clients mostly, I have Redline in both of my personal Camaros. I tried the RP in my 10 when new, but have been happier since a switched to the Redline. Either way you choose to go, you will feel a noticable improvement over the O.E. oil.
Midway Chevrolet Performance Center is offline   Reply With Quote