Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 04-27-2012, 05:07 PM   #1
GMTool
MY SS is SOLD

Drives: AGM 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
Thumbs up Another JRE Tune Success

Well this is just incredible! Last Friday I posted a thread asking, How do you go about tuning out AFM. And one week later I have a JRE Tune in my car, and it runs like the car I thought I bought. (And NO MORE AFM). I am Proud to have an Automatic Transmission L99 2SS/RS Camaro. All thanks to this forum, and all the members input, And Jannetty Racing Enterprises Inc. Everything that I read on this forum about how pleased everyone is with Ted's Tune, and the whole way he runs his business, and customer service, Is All True. And his Staff, the people that work for him are also great people! I cannot say enough about how happy I am with the whole process. I received my SCT X3 Tuner yesterday late afternoon. And I had Ted's custom tune downloaded in my car before 10 AM this morning. I took it out for about a 35 mile ride. On the highway, and in town with slow speeds. And the car is just awesome to drive. Just backing out of my driveway and taking off when the engine was cold, I knew this was going to be good, no hesitation when cold. Smooth, Powerful, shifts great. In the sport mode it really shifts quick and strong like it should, and in regular Drive mode it shifts perfect. Real smooth compared to what it was like with that stinking AFM. I know that I am just repeating what everyone else has already said. ITS ALL TRUE! Thanks Ted, And everyone at JRE. And Thanks to this Camaro5 forum.

Last edited by GMTool; 04-27-2012 at 05:54 PM. Reason: Spelling
GMTool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 05:42 PM   #2
nebchevy

Drives: 2011 2SS SGM Camaro
+1 ted rocks
nebchevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 08:28 PM   #3
FresnoStateDogs

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS LS3
What is the process of the custom tune? I have a K&N Typhoon and plan on buying a JBA competition exhaust within a month. I'd like a custom tune soon after. Do I have to visit a local Dyno? I'm new to this stuff, would appreciate some info. Thanks.

Spiral Ported TB, K&N Typhoon, JBA Performance Cat-back, RX catch can and Oil Breather.
FresnoStateDogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 09:00 PM   #4
GMTool
MY SS is SOLD

Drives: AGM 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by FresnoStateDogs View Post
What is the process of the custom tune? I have a K&N Typhoon and plan on buying a JBA competition exhaust within a month. I'd like a custom tune soon after. Do I have to visit a local Dyno? I'm new to this stuff, would appreciate some info. Thanks.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=217817

Above is a link to the thread I started last week that got me going. Check it out. You purchase an SCT X3 tuner from Ted. When you get it, just follow the instructions. Ted will send you a custom tune using email. It works great. Here is a link to the instructions.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207728
GMTool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 09:04 PM   #5
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by FresnoStateDogs View Post
No need to visit a dyno. Ted can't do the job from his shop. He tuned mine today , via logs,from the shop while I was 3 hrs away at the track and we made out ok.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 10:49 PM   #6
converted

Drives: 2012 45th anniversary
Yes i agree from what i have heard and read and after a comversation over the phone with someone at jre disscusing the mods i want for my car... I will be purchasing ally mods/tunes from jre!!!!
Old 04-27-2012, 10:59 PM   #7
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Jannetty Racing
Old 04-28-2012, 08:11 AM   #8
Chiefish

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
I just got my tuner yesterday from Ted and his team over at JRE and I am about to go out and flash it in a few minutes. After all I have heard about his so far I am getting pretty excited about doing it. And so far its been a breeze to do, I just emailed Ted the info that he needs from my stock tune and he mailed me back the custom tune, ive already installed it on the tuner so now im off to go downto the garage and flash it then take it for a drive and see how it feels. Ill post back when Im done later.
Chiefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 09:50 AM   #9
bhillakaiceberg

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS & 2017 1SS
JRE FTW!!

2017 Chevrolet Camaro 1SS Auto
9.29 @144.57mph ALL MOTOR SBE

#TEAMGPI Gwatney Performance Innovation

bhillakaiceberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 03:11 PM   #10
10camssl99

Drives: l99,procharged, tuned by Pat G
I love his tune and very friendly and will answer all questions you may have a very knowledgable person
10camssl99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 09:20 PM   #11
Chiefish

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Ok well I did mine this morning at about 11 AM, Took about ten minutes to upload everything to the car. Definatly a great improvment, bot in the way it runs and the trans shifting. I never realised how much I hated the AFM until it was gone, now the car is a dream to drive. It used to want to kick down in the middle of turns when the afm would kick in and always resulted in a bucking as you started to accelerate again. Now thats all gone gone gone.
Trans is real snappy too, shifts solid as heck now. Im heading down to the test n tune at the local strip tomarrow around noon and Ill get the chance to see what improvments it may have made to my times on the dragstrip.
My best run to date is 13.1 and top speed of 107mph.
Lets see if Mr Jannetty has helped me break into the 12s now. I will do my best to not let ya down sir.
Chiefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 01:11 PM   #12
E.T.

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Glad you guys are enjoying the tune. Ted did a great job on mine, too. This is how the car should feel from the factory!

E.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 08:07 PM   #13
apeko

Drives: 2011 2-SS/RS SGM
Installed my JRE tune today and it's great. In sport mode did a nice burnout then chirped in second. Should add lots of fun at the track. Thanks Ted.
Ohhh and runs smoth in drive.
Old 05-04-2012, 11:56 AM   #14
Agent WD-40

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
How firm are your shifts in "S" mode? Does it chirp into second or will it spin the tires for a bit after it shifts into 2nd?
Stainless Works 1 7/8" Long Tube Headers
Corsa Exhaust
Agent WD-40 is offline   Reply With Quote