Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-20-2012, 04:04 PM   #1
Bonanza7
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010, Rally Yellow, Black stripes
XM...yet again

I cancelled my xm radio when they turned by system off, and could not find my account, either by phone, radio ID or account number. They say none of the above exist. They claim, however that to cancel, you MUST call customer service, which of course never answers the phone, and they also claim that they can force anyone to renew indefinately. Strange, how can they renew, when they claim I don't exist? My point is, they are a joke, and why does GM continue to deal with them?
Bonanza7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 04:07 PM   #2

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Maybe call the dealer, if you had it free from the start...they might have your account number????
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 04:08 PM   #3
CamaroWinz

Drives: 2LT/RS (TBD)
I had a similar experience with XM about a year and a half ago. Their customer service is intentionally set up so that you can't easily navigate to cancellations. Call the Better Business Bureau in your state and report them.
CamaroWinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 04:09 PM   #4
pocketcthulhu

Drives: 2014 2ss/RS 5th gen Camaro #2
or just dispute the payments on your credit card if you can't find a way to cancel it.
Old 05-20-2012, 04:10 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketcthulhu View Post
or just dispute the payments on your credit card if you can't find a way to cancel it.
...I think sometimes the cc# or part of it, is the account number...
Old 05-20-2012, 04:15 PM   #6
GunnyG
Da WHALE

Drives: 2014 Stingray, 2015 Panamera 4
They CANNOT force you to renew indefinitely. They do, however, renew at the end of a contract without notice. Two completely different things. After my free period was over, I didn't renew. Never gave em a credit card so they couldn't renew mine without notice. They stopped the signal.
Old 05-20-2012, 04:17 PM   #7
Bonanza7
Account Suspended

They do not have my credit card, since I refused to give it to them. They sent me a bill with the wrong amount, the wrong due date, with an account number on it, my radio number. All of which they claim don't exist. In any event, I emailed them that since I don't exist, We have no further need to communicate. That set them off with a nasty-gram back. With no credit card or checking account number, there is not much they can do, and it apparently is driving them nuts, dealing with a 5 year customer who does not exist.
Old 05-20-2012, 04:18 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnyG View Post
They CANNOT force you to renew indefinitely. They do, however, renew at the end of a contract without notice. Two completely different things. After my free period was over, I didn't renew. Never gave em a credit card so they couldn't renew mine without notice. They stopped the signal.
I never renewed after the free trial...they never saw a credit card...they will, however, wear out the ringer on your phone with relentless calls...lol
Old 05-20-2012, 04:20 PM   #9
Bonanza7
Account Suspended

I am looking forward to their call. Actually, I was a customer for 7 years, including my PT Cruiser. I think I will tell them that they have contacted the local cemetary for non-existent people.
Old 05-20-2012, 04:23 PM   #10
GunnyG
Da WHALE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza7 View Post
They do not have my credit card, since I refused to give it to them. They sent me a bill with the wrong amount, the wrong due date, with an account number on it, my radio number. All of which they claim don't exist. In any event, I emailed them that since I don't exist, We have no further need to communicate. That set them off with a nasty-gram back. With no credit card or checking account number, there is not much they can do, and it apparently is driving them nuts, dealing with a 5 year customer who does not exist.
Throw that in the shredder and have a nice day then. No acct, no CC, no need to worry. They may send a nasty collection notice, but can't collect. They blew my phone up so much I finally broke down and renewed after a year without. My iPod had took a dump, SD radio stations are hideous, and CD's...well you get the picture. I wouldn't worry. Just Pandora with your phone and ignore them.
Old 05-20-2012, 04:24 PM   #11
GunnyG
Da WHALE

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
I never renewed after the free trial...they never saw a credit card...they will, however, wear out the ringer on your phone with relentless calls...lol
Phone calls broke me down last month man. Why oh why did I renew.
Old 05-20-2012, 04:27 PM   #12

Quote:
Phone calls broke me down last month man. Why oh why did I renew.
Hey, if its something you like and want, no problem!...lol

I think they figure the time you spend saying no to renewal, will eventually be costlier to you than just saying ok in the first place!...lol
Old 05-20-2012, 04:32 PM   #13
GunnyG
Da WHALE

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
Hey, if its something you like and want, no problem!...lol

I think they figure the time you spend saying no to renewal, will eventually be costlier to you than just saying ok in the first place!...lol
Yeah, they hounded me worse than my last ex-girlfriend. I was in such bad shape with my busted iPod, wack radio stations, and old CD's I ended up begging them to take me as a customer. LoL. They did say they renew without notice, and it's up to me to cancel. Now I'm realizing it's a waste of $12.99 a month. I barely listen to it.
Old 05-20-2012, 05:00 PM   #14
Bonanza7
Account Suspended

Quote:
Yeah, they hounded me worse than my last ex-girlfriend. I was in such bad shape with my busted iPod, wack radio stations, and old CD's I ended up begging them to take me as a customer. LoL. They did say they renew without notice, and it's up to me to cancel. Now I'm realizing it's a waste of $12.99 a month. I barely listen to it.
What gets me is that GM continues to deal with these butt wipes. Should do what Honda did, refuse to have them, and rely on ipod interface.