Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 07-01-2017, 09:04 AM   #1
DonM
Camaro #4

Drives: 2017-Hyper Blue Metallic-2LTmanual
Hello Mr. State Trooper NOT A STREET RACE

This wasn't a race, this was a dumbass showing off.

I was minding my own business and due to the heavy traffic, I was stuck, behind a 2K5 or so Mustang. He had cheap rear window louvers, side window louvers DARK tinted taillight covers (illegal in Ohio), LED tails, DARK tinted windows (illegal in Ohio) and apparently an issue with having a small male organ.

I could also tell from the single exhaust pipe and the raspy tone, he had a V6 and a fart can exhaust (NOT downing V6's, *I* have a V6 and love it, but he had the 4.0 not the DOHC 3.7).

Anyway, he finally sees me behind him and everytime he gets a little room ahead of him, he punches it and closes in on the car in front. I guess that was his way of trying to intimidate me, or challenge me. But I didn't take the bait.

Traffic starts to break up and he floors it & I can hear the tranny shift (automatic) and off he goes. He's about 10 cars in front of me and before I could even consider doing anything - I happened to see a flash of white on the side of the road. I slow down and as I approach, the flash of white turns out to be a new Dodge Charger ... WITH Ohio State Highway Patrol decals on the side. The OSHP car pulls out as I pass and it takes him a while to catch up, but soon he is on my ass, I signaled to move over and I hear the hemi roar as he shoots by me and gets behind the Mustang, who had never even seen the Trooper until the pretty blue lights came on directly behind him.

Now I had been doing 70 (just a *touch* over the 55 mph speed limit), but the way the Mustang put distance on me, he had to have broken 100 when he was clocked.

I looked over as I drove by and saw a couple of younger guys looking like they had just crapped themselves ... which they probably did.

I'm guessing a tow was in their near future.
Old 07-01-2017, 10:37 AM   #2
KenKat

Drives: 2014 2LT RS Summit White
Karma's a bitch sometimes - in a good way!
KenKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 11:47 AM   #3
frankwjr

Drives: 2010 SS 2SS M6
Always beautiful to see complete F*tard's get their due...

BTW - I can't seem to pass a single "performance" vehicle be it a motor cycle, rice burner or even semi legit cars without them having to flex their right foot...must be that Pavlovian response!
Old 07-01-2017, 02:11 PM   #4
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankwjr View Post
Always beautiful to see complete F*tard's get their due...

BTW - I can't seem to pass a single "performance" vehicle be it a motor cycle, rice burner or even semi legit cars without them having to flex their right foot...must be that Pavlovian response!
I like it when some people with a car thats loud assume its fast. They weave in and out of traffic driving like idiots. Especially if they dont see you as you pass them pulling up to a red light in the lane beside them. Making sure you drop a gear as you go by letting the exhaust bark in their window thats down. All the sudden the shifts are done at a lower rpm and all the aggressive driving stops for a while. Dosnt happen very often but its funny when it does.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 01:12 AM   #5
STUNNAH
"BEASTM*DE"

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenKat View Post
Karma's a bitch sometimes - in a good way!
+1

STUNNAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 09:42 PM   #6
BumbleBeeV62011

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS
This is awesome. I get a kick out of seeing those kinds of drivers get pulled over. I used to be that guy, but quickly grew up when my parents made me pay for my own insurance lol.
BumbleBeeV62011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 10:27 PM   #7
CamaroFred

Drives: Miss Con Ception
I had a CDL for over 20 years.
I would sometimes get pulled for a safety check or a dirty taillight. But, that is what those guys get paid for. And they have nothing else to do. Usually turned into a good conversation.

But when some idiot endangers lives, and I have seen this, the radio goes on. Chase is abandoned but when he passes the next entrance ramp or intersection it's all over.

These days all they need is your license plate # and they will be waiting at your house or mail you a citation.

Had some idiots commit an armed robbery at a liquor store here not long ago and since there were store, parking lot, and street cameras recording the vehicle as the driver went to the corner by his house there was the whole shebang. Surrounded by cars, trucks, helicopter circling, small plane called out of the local airport.
You can't make that shit up.

Oh, what was this post about?
Old 07-04-2017, 05:42 AM   #8
Spurshot

Drives: 2014 2SS blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroFred View Post
I had a CDL for over 20 years. ...

Oh, what was this post about?
Loud exhaust, I think. Or was it tinted windows?
Old 07-05-2017, 01:59 PM   #9
nighttowl
Sarcasm loading --------

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
highway patrol is no joke in ohio. they will pull you over for anything.
I lost my license 4-5 times for 12 point violations when I was in ohio for slight speeding (maybe 5-10 over?). I moved to california, and havent gotten a ticket since. the speed limits here are more reasonable, and cops tend to not care about 5-10 over at all.

2018 MBM ZL1 1LE - Stock
2014 CRT ZL1 574 rwhp, 537 rwtq - SOLD
2010 IBM SS Camaro VVT L99 w/ TR6060 swap, 489 rwhp, 444 rwtq - SOLD
nighttowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 11:10 AM   #10
jc615
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro and Sierra
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttowl View Post
highway patrol is no joke in ohio. they will pull you over for anything.
I lost my license 4-5 times for 12 point violations when I was in ohio for slight speeding (maybe 5-10 over?). I moved to california, and havent gotten a ticket since. the speed limits here are more reasonable, and cops tend to not care about 5-10 over at all.
Grew up in Ohio and can't say I've ever heard anyone lose their license for going 5-10 over. You must have been doing a hell of a lot of illegal stuff or a lot faster than you claim.
jc615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 12:53 PM   #11
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
Ohio isn't to bad. Virginia on the other hand can suck it. Just about every bad cop encounter I've heard first hand, including my own, were in Virginia. They treat other cops like crap but expect the courtesy when they travel.

I won't go into mine unless someone asks, but if I wasn't a cop myself and stood up to the officer he would have absolutely violated our rights. The stop itself was bullshit. It all ended well so I've (mostly) let it go.
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 03:31 PM   #12
xc_SS/RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
I like it when some people with a car thats loud assume its fast. They weave in and out of traffic driving like idiots. Especially if they dont see you as you pass them pulling up to a red light in the lane beside them. Making sure you drop a gear as you go by letting the exhaust bark in their window thats down. All the sudden the shifts are done at a lower rpm and all the aggressive driving stops for a while. Dosnt happen very often but its funny when it does.
Similar thing happened with a Golf R. He kept doing fly-by's and eventually we lined up at a red. He was inching forward a bit and I was just waiting... Light goes green and I nail it. Look to my right and there is no one for a couple car lengths. For some reason he didn't want any that time lol
Z/28 intake, NW, FAST 102, speed engineering LT's, some exhaust, ATI -10% pulley, GM flex fuel injectors, DSX flex fuel sensor, MGW shifter, HP Tuners, some suspension work, stickers and a little weight loss. 12.63 @113.53
xc_SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote