Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 06-04-2017, 08:45 AM   #29
riozlander
that guy <--------

Drives: 2012 camaro V6 LS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquawkVFR View Post
This must really be your first sports car. Most of us are desensitized to the foolishness from the years and years of being challenged by morons and most of us have been the fools creating the foolishness (but will never admit to it). You just have to smile and ignore them and drive on.

However. When opportunity meets motivation...
I had a turbo 1.8 audi A4 ff auto manual shift cabriolet before the Camaro
had 1 sports car before

and it was abysmal. ride to stiff only took 91 MPG was bad
it was cheaper to pay payments on the Camaro then the gas bill on the Audi lol
riozlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 02:36 AM   #30
riozlander
that guy <--------

Drives: 2012 camaro V6 LS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
I find the thought process with every car is this...if a car is beneath you and wants to race, then they are A-holes. If a car is above you and doesn't wanna race, then "they probably don't wanna lose to a less expensive car and feel bad about their purchase"...or they "are just posers who don't know how to race". No offense to OP or anyone else on here. But me personally, I love racing and I welcome all opportunities to do so regardless of what it is. But look at it like this, if that was a guy in a nice C7 Vette egging you on, nobody would be upset about it. On the contrast, if you were egging on a nice C7 Vette, he'd be over on the C7 forums talking about how some guy in a Camaro was revving his engine at him and yada yada. V6, V8, Mustang, Camaro, Vette, Viper, these cars all attract attention and a specific response. You have to expect that from people. So you know what? Enjoy the attention and have fun with the car. Or just give the guy a thumbs up and go your way. I wouldn't be upset about it at all.
if a c7 did goat me in to a race id probably wait for a nice canyon road to pop up. the one I always go to, at night highway patrol has deemed it as a enter at your own risk area because they don't have the people to send over there.
im not a drag racing fan when it comes to participating in one.
I have spent a few times at auto cross events set up in stadium parking lots but not much past that. I enjoy corners and grip
riozlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 05:13 PM   #31
MaNiaK

Drives: 2010 IOM Camaro 2SS RS
Had an episode myself yesterday with a guy and I'm guessing his daughter in a late model Mustang GT convertible on the highway when I was heading to the grocery store. Long story short, he rips past me from behind while I was just cruising along, so I had to see how my new tune from DynoSteve worked out After all was said and done, he pulls up again (from behind, again and both of them continually try taunting me to run again, somewhere else away from the highway. They wouldn't let up, waving their arms at me and shooting their mouths off, to the point where it just got annoying ! Then the young girl shakes her head at me in disappointment, they pull off into a parking lot and go the opposite way. I gave them the thumbs up and complimented their car, I just don't get it why they couldn't do the same and admit it they lost. I'm not into street racing, it was just my first time for an opportunity to see how my car goes against a comparable car, and what better than a Mustang. Anyway, it's over and done with, but there's a huge car show this weekend, and I'm certain they will be there. Should be an interesting weekend
MaNiaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 09:43 AM   #32
Cuda7050

Drives: 2012 SS LS3
Had a young guy in a Mustang revving his engine at me wanting to race the other day. Followed me into a gas station to tell me his car to tell me it runs 11.6's....doubt it. Told him I don't street race anymore.

I had a friend who lost nearing everything for being found negligent in a car accident that killed a family man in his 20's. Yes they both had insurance, but that doesn't stop a civil case from the grieving family. They even got half of her government pension even thou she was months away from retirement. If you have done well in life, you just have to much to loose, street racing is not worth the risks.
Buttonwillow 2:23.736
Sacramento Raceway 12.89 at 112 mph
Thunderhill 2:22.242
Cuda7050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 08:25 AM   #33
batman53201
Account not blocked

Drives: The Batmobile
I had a garbage truck pull up next to me at a light and started revving his engine while driving my 69
Old 08-13-2017, 10:54 AM   #34
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
I auctually had a big white Kenworth with lots of bling and no trailer on at the time rev me at a light. He took off from the light hard I was impressed how quickly the guy shifted as I just paced him in the next lane...he had it going pretty good to the next light anyway. He turned left onto the freeway on ramp and gave me a blast of the horn. The guy in a mininvan beside me was laughing. He said " he almost had you". We both had a good laugh as traffic moved out. Could be the oddest vs situation ive read an Camaro 5.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 02:05 PM   #35
deano1989

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Yesterday I was coming home from work in my '10 SS when I saw a car flying past everyone. He came up behind me at a red light and I saw it was a Mazda with hooded vents and a spoiler (I couldn't tell what type of Mazda it was). The guy looked like he was in his early/mid twenties and lived on the beach. Anyways, he started revving up so I figured I would let him try to keep up with me. Off the line he stayed pretty close but I pulled away at about 40 mph. At 80 mph I slowed down because he was in the dust, but of course he flew past me acting like he had to prove something. The next light he was in front of me and started revving up again but I just let him go. I figured there was no need to keep hurting his feelings. I don't usually instigate stuff like that but guys that act like this d-bag sometimes need put in their place, in my opinion.
deano1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 02:34 PM   #36
SquawkVFR
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by deano1989 View Post
Yesterday I was coming home from work in my '10 SS when I saw a car flying past everyone. He came up behind me at a red light and I saw it was a Mazda with hooded vents and a spoiler (I couldn't tell what type of Mazda it was). The guy looked like he was in his early/mid twenties and lived on the beach. Anyways, he started revving up so I figured I would let him try to keep up with me. Off the line he stayed pretty close but I pulled away at about 40 mph. At 80 mph I slowed down because he was in the dust, but of course he flew past me acting like he had to prove something. The next light he was in front of me and started revving up again but I just let him go. I figured there was no need to keep hurting his feelings. I don't usually instigate stuff like that but guys that act like this d-bag sometimes need put in their place, in my opinion.
...and he told the same story on some ricer forum so why bother?

I might be the only person to admit when this happens to me, my ego says "oh hell no, it's go time". LOL. The trick being, don't let your ego write checks your a$$ can't cash.
SquawkVFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 02:36 PM   #37
deano1989

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquawkVFR View Post
...and he told the same story on some ricer forum so why bother?

I might be the only person to admit when this happens to me, my ego says "oh hell no, it's go time". LOL. The trick being, don't let your ego write checks your a$$ can't cash.
I can cash them, don't worry.
Old 08-29-2017, 03:12 PM   #38
SquawkVFR
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by deano1989 View Post
I can cash them, don't worry.
If you're just running bolt ons, you may bounce a few. .
Old 09-05-2017, 04:39 PM   #39
scott9050

Drives: 2014 Mustang GT 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by riozlander View Post
man to night was um interesting. on my way to work just cruising, works like 1/4 a mile away I had this early 2000s mustang just revving it motor at me every stop light.
it did not even sound good i could hear valve ticking a exhaust leak and could tell he had dumpmaster(flow master) on his car.

I could tell the dude wanted to race. the next stop light he starts yelling out the window at me to race, floor it loser.
now if I was in my early 20s id floor it and start slamming gears letting him hear 6 cylinders of fury and give him the only finger that matters.
im 30 and just want to go to work get off work wash the car and go to bed. racing a early 2000s shitstain is not on the things to do list

this mustang sounded beat to death and it was a base model 4.6 modular.
the sound reminded me of my crown vic the week before it died

Is this a common problem when owning a Camaro ?
because its kind of getting annoying
Biggest problem I have is with rednecks in jacked up diesel trucks wanting to run me. Most other muscle car owners in my area seem to be appreciative of each other.
Old 09-05-2017, 05:55 PM   #40
SquawkVFR
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott9050 View Post
Biggest problem I have is with rednecks in jacked up diesel trucks wanting to run me. Most other muscle car owners in my area seem to be appreciative of each other.
Same here... what is up with that?
Old 09-25-2017, 02:05 PM   #41
deano1989

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott9050 View Post

We have that problem here in Central Indiana with Cummins diesels. I've seen hilljacks in their trucks try to race and/or black out people with smoke. It's a toss up between diesels and Honda Civics who act like they have something to prove on the road.
Old 09-28-2017, 06:13 PM   #42
qcman

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RDP Tuned L99
I had a kid in a Benz 4 door the other night revving the $hit out of his car as we were pulling away from a light while I'm just doing my thing. So at the next light I had heard enough. Put my tuned L99 into Sport Mode. Pressed the traction button twice.... and waited for green.

I snapped the throttle & the tires squealed when it shifted to 2nd. Hit about 45 mph and backed it down. He was way behind me and never came up near me after that. I don't normally bite but I wanted to show him he shouldn't be playing with some cars.
qcman is offline   Reply With Quote