Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 12-30-2011, 01:07 AM   #1
qtr-camaro ss

Drives: Orange CAMARO SS/RS
Transmission/ axels/ drive shift

Hi guys,

I would like to change my transmission, axels and driveshaft. My car will be over 1100 rwhp . I just want to know what is the choices I have, and what I need to look for.

My car is manual transmission has 728 rwhp fight now, with Ips TT.

Should I go with clutch less transmission ( I heard about this kind of transmission )

I want to hear from you guys

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
qtr-camaro ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 07:42 AM   #2
TJS

Drives: 2008 C6Z06
What do you plan on doing with your car?
TJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 07:57 AM   #3
Driveshaftshop

Drives: own more cars than i can list
I would recommend either one of the following rear differentials axles and shaft

Lingenfelters 9.5"
Our DSS 9"
The Hammerhead 12 bolt (will be a few months)

all of the above kits will have our larger 30 spline 1400hp axles and on a car like this it would be needed, we have used the smaller 28 spline axles in the past and have found that ist just not strong enough. The larger 30 spline axles are responsible for record runs like Lingerfeters 6 speed car, Mark Carlyle's corvette (7.75) and many other record breaking runs including 3 GTO's now running 8 second passes. with the these heavy cars this is what would be needed to handle this type of Hp.

as for the driveshaft i would recommend using our aluminum shaft with the CV (if using a maual trans) it's welded on both end unlike others that have been bonded like a Carbon fiber shaft and may have issues if the underneath of the car get above 300 degrees

we can help you any of these products, just ask. as for the trans. i would recommend asking RPM trans. allot of the members seem to have had some real good experiences with them.
Driveshaftshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 07:31 PM   #4
GFORCE1320

Drives: 05 GTO
We can build our fabricated 9" to hold what ever you want to throw at it, from 28 spline axles clear up to our big 33 spline outlaw axles that we have in some cars putting down 1500+ rwhp.
Give me a call if you would like to talk about options.
We now offer our kits with the new Strange 35 spline S-Trac that has a lifetime warranty, along with our kit and the Strange S-Trac you have a lifetime warranty all the way around.
Our 9" also bolts right in with the Strange Pro-Iron case instead of the weaker Street case.

Thanks
Chris

GFORCE1320 is offline   Reply With Quote