Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2010 Camaro5 Fest (I)

Old 04-24-2010, 11:52 AM   #1
Hopeful

Drives: 2010 Camaro
My Experience With RotoFab CAI

Just a little note after C5Fest.

I arrived on Friday, participated in the caravan and then headed for the track.

Best time on Friday was 14.0. Best MPG's down was 25.5. I was bummed about the ET. I did have to fill-up with that god-awful 10% ethanol somewhere in SC (I was almost empty and didn't have time to look for the good stuff)

After leaving the track Friday night I went to the Chevron(?) station by the exit for the track on I-75.

First run on Saturday produced a time of 13.9. Still not happy, I went to the vendor area. I came across Craig at CincySpeed and promptly purchased the CAI (great people to work with).

I took the car for a 10 mile run and then came back and hammered it at the autocross. After letting it rest for an hour, back to the track.

I was lucky and was able to hot lap the car. My best run was 13.68 @ 105.44, a pick up of .21 from stock. Combination of good gas, and learning how to launch the car may have help. I did have over 3/4 of a tank compared to 1/8th on Friday. I still think that it will go quicker given lower air temps. Hopefully, I'll be able to go to my local track and test that theory.

I did see 26.4 MPG's on the way home, so overall, I will say that I'm satisfied with their product. And oh the car does sound better.

Andy
Old 04-24-2010, 09:39 PM   #2
Jamie Mac
NCM-WINR

Drives: 2010 SS/RS IOM 2014 2LT Stingray
I love the sound it gives mine!
Old 04-24-2010, 09:51 PM   #3
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeful View Post

Best time on Friday was 14.0. Best MPG's down was 25.5. I was bummed about the ET. I did have to fill-up with that god-awful 10% ethanol somewhere in SC (I was almost empty and didn't have time to look for the good stuff)

After leaving the track Friday night I went to the Chevron(?) station by the exit for the track on I-75.

First run on Saturday produced a time of 13.9. Still not happy, I went to the vendor area. I came across Craig at CincySpeed and promptly purchased the CAI (great people to work with).

I took the car for a 10 mile run and then came back and hammered it at the autocross. After letting it rest for an hour, back to the track.

I was lucky and was able to hot lap the car. My best run was 13.68 @ 105.44, a pick up of .21 from stock. Combination of good gas, and learning how to launch the car may have help. I did have over 3/4 of a tank compared to 1/8th on Friday. I still think that it will go quicker given lower air temps. Hopefully, I'll be able to go to my local track and test that theory.

I did see 26.4 MPG's on the way home, so overall, I will say that I'm satisfied with their product. And oh the car does sound better.

Andy
Cool, Craig just hooked me up with a Roto but I havent had a chance to drive it yet... rain. I saw them installing your rotofab actually... I think you were the guy going to get some lunch right? They told you to drop it by, get some lunch then head to the track! LOL!
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 03:11 AM   #4
Becca
Frog

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Actually had issues with mine coming off the intake and throttle body. Selling it to a neighbor for his camaro and going with LSRs. Way better set up on theirs!!!

IYAAYAS
Becca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 11:57 AM   #5
Hopeful

Drives: 2010 Camaro
That was probably me.
No issues whatsoever. And I ran it hard from the time of install until I parked it in my garage 1100 miles later.
Thanks to CincySpeed and RotoFab.
JamieMac, nice meeting you. I enjoyed the conversation. And I think you would have gotten me on the third try!

Andy
Old 04-25-2010, 12:05 PM   #6
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Becca View Post
Actually had issues with mine coming off the intake and throttle body. Selling it to a neighbor for his camaro and going with LSRs. Way better set up on theirs!!!
No way... you did use the band clamps right? If they were tight, there is no way it would come off. I couldnt even twist mine when it was tight. I needed to turn it to get the words straight and I had to loosen the clamps.
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 09:50 AM   #7
Becca
Frog

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Yeah def used the correct parts but the tube was cut wierd and not long enough at all! It did it again a couple of times after the fest so it is definately a recurring problem. It was my husband running the car at the time and when he went to take off it came off and the car died. Once we opened the hood and saw it just chilling there I decided to just go with another brand. Put it back on and I got another 4 or 5 runs and when we went to leave at the end of the nite had to readjust it again :( Hopefully they guys at LSR Performance will have something when I get back from my deployment so I can not ever have to worry about that again!

IYAAYAS
Becca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 12:12 PM   #8
Stay Marine
Still love daily drivin'

Drives: Built '10 IBM 2SS; '15 Black Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeful View Post

Andy

Great story! Similar result for me. C5Fest had me running 6-7 1/4's at 13.6/109mph. Installed the C.A.I. intake and next run (with 2 minutes warm up after change) was 13.2/111mph!! Love these things, though mine isnt a RotoFab (bet I have a bigger issue with water spots and fingerprints than you!!).