Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 05-25-2012, 02:31 PM   #15
TheBlack-CyberGray-Pearl

Drives: 2011 Cyber Gray Camaro
so i'm getting my Magnaflow resonated x pipe installed today, pairing it with my BBK LT headers and MRT v2 mufflers. Any idea what it would do if i had them delete the resonators at the same time?? would that bring back any rasp that i'm trying to get rid of??
Old 05-25-2012, 02:33 PM   #16
jmontalvo

Drives: 2011 Rally Yellow 2LS
It looks like I'm going with 4" tips and with 11386 then! I know this guy was able to make the 12468 fit.

The above video is the kind of sound I'm after. The flow master 44 series sound pretty loud and aggressive but I want it mellowed down with the x pipe so it sound like a 40 series without the rasp.

If I can find the dummy mufflers (called several inspection sticker places and it's required), then I'll do the muff del because I REALLY like the sound.
|Trifecta Tune|Custom Magnaflow Exhaust|Cold Air Inductions C.A.I.|BBK LTs w/ HFC|Anvil Rear Notch Glossy CF Spoiler|Body Color Heritage Grille|10 spoke polished ZL1 replica wheels|VMAX ported TB|RS Headlights|Night Owl RGB Halos
jmontalvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 02:55 PM   #17
jmontalvo

If I get the "Go ahead" on the cherrybombs being legal then it looks like I have my exhaust all set! Thanks guys!
|Trifecta Tune|Custom Magnaflow Exhaust|Cold Air Inductions C.A.I.|BBK LTs w/ HFC|Anvil Rear Notch Glossy CF Spoiler|Body Color Heritage Grille|10 spoke polished ZL1 replica wheels|VMAX ported TB|RS Headlights|Night Owl RGB Halos
Old 05-25-2012, 09:01 PM   #18
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmontalvo View Post
It looks like I'm going with 4" tips and with 11386 then! I know this guy was able to make the 12468 fit.

The above video is the kind of sound I'm after. The flow master 44 series sound pretty loud and aggressive but I want it mellowed down with the x pipe so it sound like a 40 series without the rasp.

If I can find the dummy mufflers (called several inspection sticker places and it's required), then I'll do the muff del because I REALLY like the sound.
If this is the sound you after then you may want to go with my suggestion of installing the resonated X, leave on the stock resonators, and then do a rear muffler delete.

It may be a tad bit less mellow than the above video because the 11386 is shorter than the 12468 muffler, but the tone will be pretty much exactly the same.
Old 05-25-2012, 09:06 PM   #19
DJ ATOMIX
<< CRAZY BEE >>

Drives: 400HP 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlack-CyberGray-Pearl View Post
so i'm getting my Magnaflow resonated x pipe installed today, pairing it with my BBK LT headers and MRT v2 mufflers. Any idea what it would do if i had them delete the resonators at the same time?? would that bring back any rasp that i'm trying to get rid of??
Deleting the resonators adds rasp but the volume/sound you get from deleting them is fantastic! I have no plans in ever reinstalling the resonators. The Res xpipe should remove the rasp. I will do a full posting when I get my Res xpipe.

Personally, you could have them deleted all in one shot saving money... and if you like the setup, stick with it. Deleting the resonators reduced drone for me noticeably. Change used to vibrate in my console, it stopped after deleting.

Shaun

CRAZY BEE - IOM 2LT/RS (more)
Cosmetic Mods - 24 | Performance Mods - 14
ROTO-FAB CAI - DT HEADERS - CUSTOM 3-INCH PIPE EXHAUST - RES DEL - R-CATS DEL - MAGNAFLOW RES X-PIPE - 91 OCTANE TUNE - FULL ADM KIT - PORTED IM - PORTED TB - PORTED CH - BLACK 3/8 ISOLATOR - TRIFECTA TUNED
DJ ATOMIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 11:25 PM   #20
jmontalvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ ATOMIX View Post
Deleting the resonators reduced drone for me noticeably. Change used to vibrate in my console, it stopped after deleting.
Wait... THAT'S DRONE?! I always thought it was the in cabin noise! The stuff inside my car vibrates at certain RPMs with stock exhaust so now I know that's drone! Thanks! Now to check if it'll pass state inspection.

Thanks!
Old 05-25-2012, 11:41 PM   #21
DJ ATOMIX
<< CRAZY BEE >>

Drives: 400HP 2LT/RS
Quote:
Wait... THAT'S DRONE?! I always thought it was the in cabin noise! The stuff inside my car vibrates at certain RPMs with stock exhaust so now I know that's drone! Thanks! Now to check if it'll pass state inspection.

Thanks!
Drone is that hum that can vibrate into your head at certain RPM levels. Its at a certain level when the engine is lugging (low rpm(1700RPM-2300RPM) that drone is most noticeable. Again, the engine needs to be lugging for you to notice it. Once you let off the gas or step lighter on the gas peddle like on the highway, drone can be minimized. Rasp is the imbarrasing sound you get in the higher RPMs generally 3000RPM+.

I got my fingers crossed that rasp will be eliminated with my configuration (no resonators).

On another note, does anyone know if speedy mufflers would do a x-pipe weld? What would there prices be like?

Shaun

CRAZY BEE - IOM 2LT/RS (more)
Cosmetic Mods - 24 | Performance Mods - 14
ROTO-FAB CAI - DT HEADERS - CUSTOM 3-INCH PIPE EXHAUST - RES DEL - R-CATS DEL - MAGNAFLOW RES X-PIPE - 91 OCTANE TUNE - FULL ADM KIT - PORTED IM - PORTED TB - PORTED CH - BLACK 3/8 ISOLATOR - TRIFECTA TUNED
DJ ATOMIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 11:18 PM   #22
Viktorrocks

Drives: 2011 CAMARO LS
I have a 2011 v6 Camaro I changed the mufflers but I left the rear cat and the resonators, the pop or growling was nice, but not as get the f..k...out of my way.. I took the rear cats last week., and it is defenatly louder but it increase the rasp, and it only comes around 3000 rpms., should I go for a resonated x pipe or a regular x-pipe? From what I read xpipe should take the rasp out., but I don't know which one I should go for.,, thanks for you help.
Viktorrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 11:23 PM   #23
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Should go for resonated. The regular x pipe will only make it rasp more. Also know that the resonated will tone down your exhaust.

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 09:00 AM   #24
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Drives: '15 Z06, '01 NBM SS, '97 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
Should go for resonated. The regular x pipe will only make it rasp more. Also know that the resonated will tone down your exhaust.
+1

We sell a lot of the resonated Magnaflows to the L99 guys and even more to the V6 guys.

It definitely quiets and smooths the exhaust note down.

Anything with any sort of LT header will create that "rasp" sound.

Hope that helps a little more,
Ivan
Ivan @ Southwest Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 10:02 PM   #25
shrinkdoc

Drives: SRT Yugo GT Super Sport with Manual
Quote:
What does it do? I think I read somewhere that it reduces rasp? I'm thinking about getting some Flowmasters (either 40 series delta flow or some super 44s). How would the x pipe affect the mufflers? Thanks.
The FM 40s sound like like a hollow tin can with rasp at higher rpm without the X-pipe. With the X-pipe the sound is smooth and deeper. I know cuz its my setup. Adding the X-pipe will also give it a noticable power boost too. I say go res.

Last edited by shrinkdoc; 07-23-2012 at 10:12 PM.
shrinkdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 11:22 PM   #26
jmontalvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkdoc View Post
The FM 40s sound like like a hollow tin can with rasp at higher rpm without the X-pipe. With the X-pipe the sound is smooth and deeper. I know cuz its my setup. Adding the X-pipe will also give it a noticable power boost too. I say go res.
Lol I forgot about this thread. I went with the x pipe and 2 mf mufflers around June 1 for around $360 out the door.