Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-04-2013, 09:42 PM   #43
GRAHL
workaholic

Drives: 69 SS Lemans Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by FINALLYSATISFIED View Post
I've seen videos, HD pictures. Unfortunately seeing it in person won't change my mind I highly doubt. The only refresh for the ZL1 is the rear end and that alone won't make me trade in my current 12MY. The fact you were chosen to attend the event, I don't see you ever saying anything negative about the refresh. How would that look if you decide to do that? It wouldn't be in GM's favor.
Or maybe he meant what he said and he actually does like the look.
Old 05-04-2013, 09:50 PM   #44
camaro2lt

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT VR/RS CGM Rally's
Quote:
I've seen videos, HD pictures. Unfortunately seeing it in person won't change my mind I highly doubt. The only refresh for the ZL1 is the rear end and that alone won't make me trade in my current 12MY. The fact you were chosen to attend the event, I don't see you ever saying anything negative about the refresh. How would that look if you decide to do that? It wouldn't be in GM's favor.

The reason why i was chosen is that i am a well known enthusiast in the camaro commmunity. Secondly i will be honest with you when i saw the first pics of the car i hated it and i did say i did not like it in one of my post. After seeing it 2 times i like it alot. Pics never do the justice, just when you do get a chance take a look at one in person, we all have diffrent opinions and im sure gm would not mind if i posted i did not like the 2014, i dont think anyone would just like it or dislike it just because i do.
camaro2lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 09:40 AM   #45
AKA-22

Drives: ELLE-1
if the over all opinion of the 2014 model was the same for the 2010 camaro this forum along with Chevrolet might not even be here... i agree with camaro 2lt.. sure the 2014 will grow on you as would any new car ,thats the problem....if the 2014 is a car you have to get used to then in my mind it has already failed..... I do like the car,,however, there is no way this car competes with the looks of the early models...

Last edited by AKA-22; 05-06-2013 at 08:23 AM.
AKA-22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 10:09 AM   #46
tonyko1
Banned

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible, IBM
I like the 2014's more each time I see them. I would love to have a 2014 SS......now that I have a wish list, wish the SS came with the 427.
tonyko1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 10:14 PM   #47
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
I'm curious to know how long Mark Dickens has been with the Camaro design team. The design may have a purpose but in no way is it more aggressive.
Many years -- AND - he's one of the main forces behind ZL1 and Z/28.

Question for YOU: Have you seen the car in person?

If not - perhaps you need to.
Old 05-05-2013, 10:15 PM   #48
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZCamaroFan View Post
so they put an aluminum trucklid on it, but how much weight are they really saving on car that was 3,880 pounds?

It's late.

Mom's in the hospital and a cousin died -- so I'm not in the best of moods.

You drive a 'yes' - you don't post what you drive -- and you bring up the weight issue -

Are you an automotive engineer? Do you drive a Camaro?

I don't mean to be insensitive - but I am losing patience with people who post stuff like you do and won't even post WHAT they drive.
Old 05-05-2013, 10:17 PM   #49
camaro2lt

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT VR/RS CGM Rally's
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
Many years -- AND - he's one of the main forces behind ZL1 and Z/28.

Question for YOU: Have you seen the car in person?

If not - perhaps you need to.
+1 go see the car, i know alot of people that hated it in the pics and when they saw it they loved it
Old 05-05-2013, 10:20 PM   #50
joeybsyc

Drives: 2010 Aqua Blue Metallic 2SS
The thing about it is that just about everyone here HAS the current version, so they are naturally biased towards that one over the redesign, be it intentionally or not. Just like almost everyone who owns a '68 Camaro thinks the '68 version looks better than a '69...But ask someone who doesn't own either one what their preference is and it's usually the '69 that's considered the better looking version of the Camaro. Same kinda thing here with the 2010-13 vs the '14 redesign. I like my 2010 better, but guaranteed anyone who buys a '14 will believe theirs looks the best. Right now no one owns a '14 so it's of course everyone thinks "their" version is better.
Old 05-05-2013, 10:48 PM   #51
NightmareZL1
Can't stop ***ifying

Drives: Ashen 2013 Gray ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyJester7 View Post
so why the chrome piece around the front?? I have been struggling to allow the new look to grow on me but. . .
Apparently the GM focus group that was surveyed to help design the new body was made up of redneck hill-billies that love chrome.

Same with my ZL1, chrome ZL1 badges on the back, front, both sides of hood and on the dash, add crome camaro badges and there was too much gawdy chome on the car. GM needs a lesson in subtlty when it comes to badging. Let the lines of the car define the car, not the badges. Well, not the lines on back of the the 2014, eww.
Rotofab, grinding rear diff sound forever, dealer replaced supercharger - now i have a rattle when starting from a stop, ordered 2.35 lingenfelter pulley, hp tuner, belt, 100mm idler pulley, tr7IX spark plugs, wideband kit, long tubes with no cats...hoping for 650hp. dyno with rotofab = 518hp

Last edited by NightmareZL1; 05-05-2013 at 11:01 PM.
NightmareZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 10:54 PM   #52
Pro Stock John
Writer

Drives: 2010 SS / 1967 Camaro
Front end looks cool but I don't like the Prelude import taillights.
12.37@112 1.85 | + Kooks Headers/Cats + 20" 555R + CAI + BW TB + UDP + Tune
12.06@113 1.70 | + CD 3200 + 18" NT05R + RCR Intake + NE OTR + GPI Tune
11.84@115 1.59 | + 3.91s + Race Star 17x7 Fronts
10.90@125 1.47 | + GPI VVT Cam + BW Ported Heads + CD 3800
Pro Stock John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 10:58 PM   #53
NightmareZL1
Can't stop ***ifying

Drives: Ashen 2013 Gray ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeybsyc View Post
The thing about it is that just about everyone here HAS the current version, so they are naturally biased towards that one over the redesign, be it intentionally or not. Just like almost everyone who owns a '68 Camaro thinks the '68 version looks better than a '69...But ask someone who doesn't own either one what their preference is and it's usually the '69 that's considered the better looking version of the Camaro. Same kinda thing here with the 2010-13 vs the '14 redesign. I like my 2010 better, but guaranteed anyone who buys a '14 will believe theirs looks the best. Right now no one owns a '14 so it's of course everyone thinks "their" version is better.

Doubt it, "New tail is ugly" seems to be in the majority of camaro owners and noncamaro owners minds. I know of many people who do not own, nor will ever own a camaro and they all (ALL!) thought that the new tail was a step backward.
I have had many corvettes. Have a C3, just sold my C6 Z06, had 2 C4's and a C5. Every time they change the corvette, I think, well that looks different, but progress was made, different but better. 2014 camaro = . Sorry. fail on front and fail on back. that new nose initially looked cool, now it is looking more and more feminine. Kind of like what happened to the camaro in the 70's, they tried to make it look smoother and "euro" - it just looked silly.
2014 corvette looks awesome. They should have put taillights similar to those on the camaro.

Just my opinion.
Rotofab, grinding rear diff sound forever, dealer replaced supercharger - now i have a rattle when starting from a stop, ordered 2.35 lingenfelter pulley, hp tuner, belt, 100mm idler pulley, tr7IX spark plugs, wideband kit, long tubes with no cats...hoping for 650hp. dyno with rotofab = 518hp
NightmareZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 02:25 AM   #54
whamslam3
Camaro King [^*^*^]

Drives: Apollo 11 Camaro IOM
the only good looking car that came out of the refresh is the z/28 hahaha
all the other models look so horrible i can hardly even look at them o god! that chrome bar above the upper grille makes me want to cry something tht ugly should be optional!
Old 05-06-2013, 06:43 AM   #55
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by whamslam3 View Post
the only good looking car that came out of the refresh is the z/28 hahaha
all the other models look so horrible i can hardly even look at them o god! that chrome bar above the upper grille makes me want to cry something tht ugly should be optional!
The chrome strip is optional. It's part of the RS package.
Old 05-06-2013, 07:13 AM   #56
Supercamaro64
Right, right.

Drives: 79 Z28, 86 Camaro, 94 Burb 4x4
I think it looks good, and the people that dont agree just need to chill... dont like it, then dont buy it.
Supercamaro64 is offline   Reply With Quote