Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 05-21-2010, 05:29 PM   #1
nova

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS, VR, PW, WR
Window switch randomly quits?

Was on vacation in Gatlinburg, TN earlier this week and had an incident where my driver's side window just wouldn't work.

My wife and I were taking my two nephews to the Aquarium, go to get my ticket to pull into the parking garage and my window won't go down. Window indexes so I can open the door and get my ticket and the passenger window works fine but the drivers window switch is doing nothing.

So we go in, do the aquarium thing for a couple hours and come back out. When I get back to the car, the window works fine.

Anybody got any ideas cuz I'm stumped

Mods:
skip shift eliminator (hey everybody's gotta start somewhere )
crappily painted engine cover...
nova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 01:06 PM   #2
AngryAmish

Drives: Impala
Ever get caught in the rain with your window down? In my Impala this happened to me once. Water damaged something under the button. It was a $60 fix out of warranty.
Proud Owner of #168
AngryAmish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 01:17 PM   #3
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
my 96 Trans Am that I had did this and I never got it wet, I brought it back to the dealer and they fixed it, I would bring it to the dealer.
Old 06-18-2010, 03:19 PM   #4
jrkilburn

Drives: 2LT RS
My car does it once in a while. If you turn the car off and turn it on again it will tell you in the dash display to reset the window and tells you how to do it.

I notice it mostly if I use the auto up feature at the same time I shut down the engine and open the door on the drivers side.

I like to multitask, rush around, kill the bad guys and my Camaro just says to me "slow down...have a seat...enjoy the view for a second and play with my buttons"
jrkilburn is offline   Reply With Quote