Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 03-25-2013, 11:48 AM   #1
jethrobandit

Drives: 2013 Black 2SS
Knock or pop in passenger front wheel well

I have a 2013 2SS and have been noticing a knock or pop in the front wheel well on the passenger side. I was thinking I only heard it when the car was cold, but increasingly noticing it all the time. When my daughter rides with me, she says she can sometimes feel the pop. I only hear or notice it at low speeds or when we're creeping through her school drop-off line. Wheel turn and incline don't seem to affect it.

I've checked out the wheel well for any anomalies, but everything seems to be in order. Anyone had a similar issue? I haven't even had it long enough to take it in for an oil change yet, just hoping to diagnose it before then.
jethrobandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 12:56 PM   #2
Chevy9534

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10
I got my 13 ss two weeks ago and noticed the same thing the second day i got it. Called gm dealer and they are aware of the problem but the current bulletin thats out says they are working on a fix at this time. Called customer service and was also told id have to wait for the bulletin to be updated with a fix. Kinda frustrating on a new car.
Chevy9534 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 02:30 PM   #3
jethrobandit

Nice to know they're working on something. Would be nice to know what in the world it is though. Will have to call my dealership and see if they know anything.
Old 03-26-2013, 05:35 PM   #4
Chevy9534

Have you had a chance to call your dealer? Mines going in tomorrow for some other noises. Ill mention the knock again but prob no fix still.
Old 03-27-2013, 02:07 PM   #5
jethrobandit

I have a call in, but haven't been able to call them back. Last night, I popped the hood and started pushing around on the passenger side and noticed a repeatable pop in the strut tower. I can't see anything wrong behind the wheel, but when I push down on either side I can hear a pop and also feel it when holding the strut tower bolt. HOWEVER, I have no idea if that is the same thing I hear when I'm driving.

Post what you hear from the dealer tomorrow. I see you're in Plano, which dealer do you go to? I'm in Carrollton, but got mine from Classic over in Grapevine.
Old 03-28-2013, 11:02 AM   #6
Chevy9534

Reliable in Richardson. Got a call yesterday still no fix for front end, cant hear my two rattles, and also cant hear squeak from blower motor. Waiting to here back today.

Tags
knock, pop, suspension, wheel