Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 03-15-2010, 07:56 PM   #15
SSCamaroKid

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Black On Black
Quote:

Wait about 6 months and Viper is coming out with an interface that works via the cars CAN wiring, pretty much it wires into the cars OBD data port wire and it will do all doors, hood, trunk, heated seats, rear defrost, disarm, arm, lock, unlock, driver door priority, PATS bypass, dome light, and pretty much everything via data. It will work just like onstar does just via a remote.
where did u hear about this from sounds real nice
SSCamaroKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 11:10 PM   #16
strauchpete
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSCamaroKid View Post
where did u hear about this from sounds real nice
Im a retailer for Directed they own Viper I talked with the tech guys about it about a week ago.
strauchpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 11:13 PM   #17
strauchpete
Account Suspended

There is this one but I dont like that company that much so I am waiting on the DEI one.
http://store.idatalink.com/index.php...ct_detail&p=20

It only works for the V6 so far from what I can tell.
Old 03-16-2010, 12:55 AM   #18
SS Drifter

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by strauchpete View Post
ok man I didnt mean to sound like an ass but when you have been in this industry for a while like I have, you get alot of people who think they are experts. By all means there is no one person that knows all about the different parts that make up car audio and performance. Me personally I have dedicated my self to be all about factory integration, my shop was the first shop to do a full alarm on the 2008 maxima put button start, we helped R&D with viper to make it work with everything.

I do understand that most shops that do this kind of work are hacks to say the least, I mean. So if you are wanting to tackle this on your own PM me and I will give you all the info for locations and wire colors pin configs that you need.

It is not a difficult thing to do as long as you take your time and just dont get in a rush, I mean your car is probably your 2nd most expensive thing you own why would you want to do a crap job on it.

So best of luck to you and ya I would wait for the DEI piece that will be all canbus.
No worries, your just passionate about what you do. The world needs more people that take pride in their work! I'll take your advice and wait for the DEI. I need a little time to recover the bank account from a busy upgrade schedule anyway. Also want to start planning a carputer so there's little risk of running out of projects.

It seems like GM threw a few new kinks in the CAN so I hope Viper can stay on track with this new product. It's always nice to have a few options other than what the factory deems is best for you.
SS Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 08:25 PM   #19
strauchpete
Account Suspended

I ordered a computer for the car from mp3car.com should be here in about a week!!!
Old 03-17-2010, 12:16 AM   #20
SS Drifter

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
Cool! I've been poking around that site. What PC and touch screen did you order and what OS will you run?

I want to run Linux and dual boot into XP only for data logging, tuning, etc. I like the "free" aspect of open source programs and I'm real happy with Linux on the netbook. There are several home theater type programs for this OS but not sure whats available for mobile applications. It will probably be a another couple months before I start buying hardware so there's still time to think this one through.
SS Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 06:25 PM   #21
strauchpete
Account Suspended

DEI just released a module for factory over ride, for alarms.
its called the canmax400, you can add an after market alarm with control via factory fob.
Old 07-21-2010, 01:42 AM   #22
The 2010 Sin
Dont H8 Me Cuz U Aint Me

Drives: 2016 SS Sedan, 2017 Explorer Sport
I freaking love my new alarm. Yes i have a 6spd LS3 and Yes i do have remote start. its incredible the alarm is the Clifford 590.2x I will try to have a video to you soon.