Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 12-14-2010, 09:20 PM   #15
mycamaroisred

Drives: 2010 camaro
thanks guys.. wat do u guys think about slp loudmouth and loudmouth2.. i really like them alot too and deff like the atak from borla
mycamaroisred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 09:42 PM   #16
coolman

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycamaroisred View Post
What's the best exhaust to buy?? I was looking into getting slp loudmouths or loudmouth 2 witch would be the better 1 to buy or Wat exhaust besides slp would be the better of exhausts??
My first question would be is your car an auto or manual? If it's an auto then you won't want a muffler delete exhaust like the loudmouth. They sound very annoying when the motor cuts cylinders. I have the loudmouths on mine but I like my cars loud and it's a manual. If you drive it a lot you might get tired of it. I wouldn't want the loud mouth on a daily driver.

edit: The slp quality is very high and I am impressed with the fit and finish. The loudmouth II is just quieter because it uses mufflers where as the loud mouth is just straight pipe.
coolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 10:37 PM   #17
TBone
Negative Camber Junkie

Drives: 2010 1SS LS3/6MN ABM 1 of 23
Another thing to consider is whether or not you are going to put headers on because that will change the sound of whatever you decide to go with.

T.
I can't wait for my next
Track fix.
DA HAWKS OWN DA CUP!!!!!
TBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 10:58 PM   #18
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
Whatever you get should be a catback. I'm going with Corsa when I get the new exhaust. No cutting required
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 02:22 AM   #19
Rocklage

Drives: Beast on loan from Hades.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mycamaroisred View Post
thanks guys.. wat do u guys think about slp loudmouth and loudmouth2.. i really like them alot too and deff like the atak from borla
You can't really base your decisions on what we say. Different sounds, sound good or bad to different people. And since cat backs don't offer any performance gain, you have to base your decision on what sounds best to YOU.

So the best route is to did what I did, go to the regional forum find some members near you with a setup your interested in, go hear it in person.

I did that for the borla atak with LT's (Becky your car is gorgeous) but too loud for me. So I'm going borla touring with my long tubes.

So get off your butt and go on some rides!
Old 12-15-2010, 03:26 AM   #20
aet08

Drives: c
I went with kooks, it was really well made.
aet08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 09:20 AM   #21
CamaroFemme

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolman View Post
My first question would be is your car an auto or manual? If it's an auto then you won't want a muffler delete exhaust like the loudmouth. They sound very annoying when the motor cuts cylinders.
Unless you plan to get a tune after, then you can tune out AFM.