Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-01-2013, 09:34 AM   #1
CookieCk

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Question about 2013 1LS

So I got an e-mail from the dealership I bought my Camaro from with an offer to buy it back. I've gotten a few of these e-mails and ignored them cause it wasn't worth it to me. But this offer, if the e-mail reads true, would be $6,000 more then what I currently owe on my car. So just out of curiosity I looked up if the dealer had a 2013 1LS set up just like mine on lot, and they do, and I would actually end up with cheaper monthly payments if this deal worked out.

So anyways, my question is whether or not the 2013 1LS has the hill start assist that the other 2013 manuals have? I know it still has the original radio style(not mylink, which I personally don't care for) but I'm not sure about the hill start assist, and from what I've seen and heard about the Camaro's hill start assist I really don't want it.

Just trying to figure out if it's worth my time to even stop by the dealership and check it out.
CookieCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:44 AM   #2
All Star
I'm an Engineer

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Send a message via AIM to All Star
Think about this for a second....do you really think the dealership is going to buy your used car at a higher price than you would pay for the brand new one? Not going to happen.

All Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:44 AM   #3
camaro-dreamer

Drives: 2013 Porsche 981S
Even if the payments are less, the duration will definitely be increased. The 2012 you drive is not worth the same as the new 2013 on their lot. Do not look at the payments. Instead, you should be looking at total out of pocket over the life of the contract.

As for your question, here you go: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...81&postcount=1 . Hill start assist is standard for all manual 2013s it seems.
camaro-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:48 AM   #4
plus1zero
Don't tread on me

Drives: 23 Sierra X31, Past 2017 Fifty 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by All Star View Post
Think about this for a second....do you really think the dealership is going to buy your used car at a higher price than you would pay for the brand new one? Not going to happen.
This happens on occasion. A guy at work gets these all the time for his z71, I thought they were too good to be true, but apparently they'll do these on occasion. My dad said they've done things similar for him in the past, and it really depends on if OP has a good chunk paid out on it.

OP, you for sure they will BUY it back or trade it in? If trading it in, sometimes they'll offer you more, but if you're upside down in the vehicle, it'll put you even more upside down when you trade. If you've got equity in it, then it's different.
plus1zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:51 AM   #5
All Star
I'm an Engineer

The only reason you would end up ahead are if factory incentives are available, which there really aren't right now.

Old 02-01-2013, 09:52 AM   #6
SS785

Drives: Camaro SS
Quote:
I get letters like that all the time from local dealerships wanting to buy my wife's car "thousands above value". They are made to get you to the sales floor.
SS785 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:55 AM   #7
CookieCk

I get a GM Supplier discount through work, so I get less than MSRP for a vehicle when I buy new. And I know it will cost me a bit more overall, I'm just looking at the month to month right now because it'd be nice to have a tad bit more spending money now and with my current job I get an automatic pay raise every year, so I'm not worried about paying it off later I'll probably pay it off before the loan term is up anyways, which will save me a tad in interest.
Old 02-01-2013, 09:57 AM   #8
All Star
I'm an Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS785 View Post
I get letters like that all the time from local dealerships wanting to buy my wife's car "thousands above value". They are made to get you to the sales floor.
My dad got one for his Equinox. Promised him a couple grand above book value...literally said to me in person that we had to buy a car, and it would be at MSRP with no discount. The letter said "no purchase required."

Old 02-01-2013, 10:02 AM   #9
CookieCk

Quote:
My dad got one for his Equinox. Promised him a couple grand above book value...literally said to me in person that we had to buy a car, and it would be at MSRP with no discount. The letter said "no purchase required."
I'm not saying I definitely want to do this, just seeing if it's worth looking into. The dealership is within walking distance of my sisters house and I'll be there in a few days anyways, just trying to decide if it's worth my time to check it out. I have no problem keeping my car, my plan when I bought it was to never sell it, but if I can get outta the dealership with another brand new Camaro, less mileage than my current one, and not be over my head on the loan then I don't see why not.
Old 02-01-2013, 10:10 AM   #10
SS785

Drives: Camaro SS
Quote:
Exactly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CookieCk View Post
I'm not saying I definitely want to do this, just seeing if it's worth looking into. The dealership is within walking distance of my sisters house and I'll be there in a few days anyways, just trying to decide if it's worth my time to check it out. I have no problem keeping my car, my plan when I bought it was to never sell it, but if I can get outta the dealership with another brand new Camaro, less mileage than my current one, and not be over my head on the loan then I don't see why not.
If it's not out of the way, then sure, give it a shot.
SS785 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:13 AM   #11
Enjoi Dre

Drives: 2013 Black Camaro 1LS
my 2013 1LS has Hill start assist. I personally have not had any issues with it. It has helped me, especially when people decide it's okay to get really close to my car when we are waiting at a light.
Enjoi Dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:16 AM   #12
CookieCk

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS785 View Post
If it's not out of the way, then sure, give it a shot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enjoi Dre View Post
my 2013 1LS has Hill start assist. I personally have not had any issues with it. It has helped me, especially when people decide it's okay to get really close to my car when we are waiting at a light.
Might as well see since I'll be right there, but with the hill start assist it'll have to be a good deal for me to go for it. Heck, I walked out of the dealership 3 times when I bought my 2012 and I definitely wanted to buy then.
Old 02-01-2013, 10:46 AM   #13
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
if it sounds too good to be true...............
christianchevell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:01 AM   #14
RollaMo

Drives: 2017 2SS
Rule #1:

A dealer will NEVER lose money on a car trade.

They will make you believe you are their best friend and the only person in the world getting this deal.
When everything is said and done, they will make money off of you.
2015 Harley Davidson Ultra Limited
RollaMo is offline   Reply With Quote