Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 04-25-2014, 02:58 PM   #1
TBone
Negative Camber Junkie

Drives: 2010 1SS LS3/6MN ABM 1 of 23
Thumbs up Parents that get it. 16 year old girl's 11 second Camaro

Since Mlee closed the other thread I just wanted to show a set of parents that get it with their children.

Have a nice day.

T.
I can't wait for my next
Track fix.
DA HAWKS OWN DA CUP!!!!!
TBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 03:04 PM   #2
FaytalsCamaro
Distributor of Liquor

Drives: My Wife Crazy
Its not just the parents...The kid has to show the maturity and responsibility outside of this scenario to even be considered to get involved....just saying
FaytalsCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 03:05 PM   #3
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
Damn... Nice first car. Cool Mom and Dad. That girl looks like she will make some gear head a great wife one day. Unless they're loaded they will always be broke though... lmao!
Old 04-25-2014, 04:37 PM   #4
mikeyg36

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #533
Damn straight T. People are so jealous some times. Just be happy that a younger generation is interested in these awesome muscle cars, and not some POS Vtec Honda.
mikeyg36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 10:19 PM   #5
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Just like any other sport... It's normally a combination of parent/child.

We have a really great driver here... Alec Udell who was racing with the big boys way before he got a drivers license. We had the pleasure of hanging out in his pits at Circuit of the Americas last year. His mom, dad and grandparents were all part of the team and really a great group to be around.

http://www.facebook.com/alecudellracing

Name:  Capture1.JPG
Views: 950
Size:  60.0 KB

Then this weekend Houston's own Erica Enders will be putting on a show at the NHRA Spring Nat'ls

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 941
Size:  88.7 KB
Old 04-26-2014, 03:42 PM   #6
trademaster

Drives: 12 MP4-12C, 16 Quattroporte
Let's talk about this girl again in two years. I refuse to make any comments at this time.
trademaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 10:38 PM   #7
DaemonGPF
Redonkulous

Drives: Camaro
http://gmauthority.com/blog/2014/04/...pool-in-texas/

"Parents that didn't get it"..
DaemonGPF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 11:14 PM   #8
Crim

Drives: 13 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by trademaster View Post
Let's talk about this girl again in two years. I refuse to make any comments at this time.
Erica did pretty good. The world speed record holder in NHRA Pro Stock. Not everyone will go that far but this girl seems to have pretty good parents. Guess time will tell as you say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaemonGPF View Post
It has nothing to do with "parents who get it". That is just subjective commentary to stir the pot yet again. It has everything to do with knowing your child and whether or not they are mature and responsible enough and if the parents are willing to accept this risks associated. Don't even try to presume every parent that doesn't let their kid drag race just can't afford it or are "jealous" as implied. It's far more complicated than that.
It might help if you quoted who you were talking to. No one was stirring the pot until now.

Quote:
I guess "I don't get this one" kind of irrelevant imo or just stirring the pot.
Crim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 06:37 PM   #9
Crim

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyg36 View Post
Damn straight T. People are so jealous some times. Just be happy that a younger generation is interested in these awesome muscle cars, and not some POS Vtec Honda.
Quote:
It has nothing to do with "parents who get it". That is just subjective commentary to stir the pot yet again. It has everything to do with knowing your child and whether or not they are mature and responsible enough and if the parents are willing to accept this risks associated. Don't even try to presume every parent that doesn't let their kid drag race just can't afford it or are "jealous" as implied. It's far more complicated than that.
Quote:
Let's work on those interpretation skills, shall we? The OP would be who this is directed towards, as this thread is based off of this one: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=354045
Well let's work on some forum skills then shall we? The op said nothing about "jealous"... ^^^ See above.

And I don't need directions to the other thread. This is a new thread with a new op and it seems you're just here to pick a fight with him. Thanks for ruining a perfectly good thread.
Old 04-27-2014, 09:51 PM   #10
bignaz

Drives: 2019 ZL1 1LE
When i was 16 my dad got me a 93 Cobra with a 514 with a BDS 8-71 blower. My god that car had power. He worked at Chrysler and one of the guys he worked with was selling it. 16th birthday woke up and the keys were on the table. Hopped in and stomped the gas and thought the world was going to end. Needless to say that led foot turned into a feather really fast. Free car but i had to maintain it and pay for all the maintenance. Took it to school a few times then just took the buss. Cost to much to take a borderline take only car and use it as a daily driver.

I dont race it. Just take it to the woodword dream cruse every year. When my dad passed he mad me promise that i would only sell that car to get a 71 Cuda. In his will i got one of the last 426 hemi's still in the crate that was made with enough new parts to rebuilt it 2 times.

The plan was to wait till my son was about 8. Get a 71 cuda and restore it then slap the hemi in and build the car me and my dad never got around to building but he always wanted to. But i got twin daughters first so maybe the second time will work or one of them will be into cars. Then when there 16 they can a piece of history from when cars were cars.
bignaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 10:08 PM   #11
Crim

Quote:
Originally Posted by bignaz View Post
When i was 16 my dad got me a 93 Cobra with a 514 with a BDS 8-71 blower. My god that car had power. He worked at Chrysler and one of the guys he worked with was selling it. 16th birthday woke up and the keys were on the table. Hopped in and stomped the gas and thought the world was going to end. Needless to say that led foot turned into a feather really fast. Free car but i had to maintain it and pay for all the maintenance. Took it to school a few times then just took the buss. Cost to much to take a borderline take only car and use it as a daily driver.

I dont race it. Just take it to the woodword dream cruse every year. When my dad passed he mad me promise that i would only sell that car to get a 71 Cuda. In his will i got one of the last 426 hemi's still in the crate that was made with enough new parts to rebuilt it 2 times.

The plan was to wait till my son was about 8. Get a 71 cuda and restore it then slap the hemi in and build the car me and my dad never got around to building but he always wanted to. But i got twin daughters first so maybe the second time will work or one of them will be into cars. Then when there 16 they can a piece of history from when cars were cars.
That is an awesome story... Your dad really set you up in the same way you're now doing your kids. Very cool and he would be proud.
Old 04-27-2014, 10:15 PM   #12
cfisher

Drives: 1979 Z & 2013 1LE
That's incredible. Kudos to the driver.
cfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 03:35 PM   #13
Nessal

Drives: Exige, Miata, Ghia
Quote:
Originally Posted by bignaz View Post

Freaking awesome story. Almost brought a tear or two thinking about my old man. You sound like an awesome father.
Nessal is offline   Reply With Quote