Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 05-14-2012, 11:26 PM   #15
themoneypit

Drives: 2012 45th convertible ss ls3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baba View Post
That may be the case for some / many dealers, but Koons (ChevyBuckGMC at Tysons Corner) is a mega dealer in Northern Virginia and they usually receive early / first allocations. According to my salesman, who's worked there for 9 years stated "no specific ordering information in their system for 2013 ZL1 Coupes or convertibles" as of yet. I'm only going on what he told me and from discussing it with him and looking at his ordering program / site.
sounds like you need to find a new dealer then... if everyone else is/can order them, and they are telling you no, then id go elsewhere...
themoneypit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 12:50 PM   #16
Baba

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by themoneypit View Post
sounds like you need to find a new dealer then... if everyone else is/can order them, and they are telling you no, then id go elsewhere...
I'm not in the market for a ZL1. Potentially for the '13 2SS 'verts for which there's no SPECIFIC ordering information available yet, either.

From what I understand, the dealer has an "order sheet" which indicates the specific model year, trim, various colors, options and accessories one can order for the vehicle. Each option can be checked off. My dealer does not yet have this information available. Perhaps others do. I don't know.

As stated earlier, I'm going on what my dealer told me based on the inquiry I made with him. I was not making a blanket statment inferring that other dealers don't have ordering information. If everyone else can order them, my dealer would be able to, as well.

Did you and your dealer fill out a specific order sheet (if you ordered one or saw this sheet in person?) for a MY 13 ZL1 or other Camaro which showed available equipment for the 2013 MY? If so, I'd sure like to see a photocopy of what you saw. That way, I'll be justified in applying and exerting some firm, yet tactful and diplomatic "pressure" on my dealer.
3 Pedals
Build Date: 06/27/2011

Purchased: 07/30/2011
Title Received: 08/15/2011

1984 Camaro (3rd Gen.): Traded: 1987

"Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss."

Last edited by Baba; 05-15-2012 at 01:22 PM.
Baba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 01:57 PM   #17
dwinva

Drives: 13 2SS/RSvert,CRT,dual-mode exhaust
You can place an order for a 2013 with the options you want, but no one has the pricing yet. When I learned my 2012 2SS/RS vert would not be made I ordered a similar 2013 on 4/29. I also added two additional 2013 options (NAV stereo and dual mode exhaust). I received a workbench order number (QHSC0R) but do not have pricing available. I was told the pricing would be similar...of course paying more for the upgraded stereo and exhaust. I was also told that the USAA discount would probably apply for 2013 but the dealer couldn't guarantee this as this will come out when the pricing comes out. The short answer is yes you can order a 2013...you just don't know what it will cost you yet.
dwinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 02:12 PM   #18
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
I placed my order for a 2013 ZL1 Vert back on 4-19.
I got a call from my dealer yesterday telling me they have been notified that they will only be getting a single 2013 ZL1 Vert allocation for the next six months, so they at least HAVE been notified of their allocations.

What we don't know is just when they will be able to use that allocation. It may be right away, it may not be until 6 months from now.
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 02:21 PM   #19
Baba

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwinva View Post
You can place an order for a 2013 with the options you want, but no one has the pricing yet. When I learned my 2012 2SS/RS vert would not be made I ordered a similar 2013 on 4/29. I also added two additional 2013 options (NAV stereo and dual mode exhaust). I received a workbench order number (QHSC0R) but do not have pricing available. I was told the pricing would be similar...of course paying more for the upgraded stereo and exhaust. I was also told that the USAA discount would probably apply for 2013 but the dealer couldn't guarantee this as this will come out when the pricing comes out. The short answer is yes you can order a 2013...you just don't know what it will cost you yet.
You may want to refer to yesterday's post by Becky D: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...ostcount=35996

My understanding and interpretation of a "workbench order" is that it is a "preliminary order". Not an "actual" or "confirmed" order that has been entered into the GM ordering system. It's also not "guaranteed" that the options will be available. Basically, it's an "assumption" or an "educated guess".

I'm a bit "irked" that my dealer won't come right out and offer me this opportunity. You, however, are quite fortunate to have been able to place your order so soon.

As you mentioned USAA, Upon my inquiry, my dealer assured me they would most certainly honor a USAA discount along with a credit union discount. I'd like to take my salesperson by his word (not that I'm a "doubting Thomas") but I'll believe it when I see all of those details written on a sales contract ready for a signature.
3 Pedals

Last edited by Baba; 05-15-2012 at 02:53 PM.
Old 05-16-2012, 06:57 AM   #20
themoneypit

Drives: 2012 45th convertible ss ls3
Quote:
You may want to refer to yesterday's post by Becky D: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...ostcount=35996

My understanding and interpretation of a "workbench order" is that it is a "preliminary order". Not an "actual" or "confirmed" order that has been entered into the GM ordering system. It's also not "guaranteed" that the options will be available. Basically, it's an "assumption" or an "educated guess".

I'm a bit "irked" that my dealer won't come right out and offer me this opportunity. You, however, are quite fortunate to have been able to place your order so soon.

As you mentioned USAA, Upon my inquiry, my dealer assured me they would most certainly honor a USAA discount along with a credit union discount. I'd like to take my salesperson by his word (not that I'm a "doubting Thomas") but I'll believe it when I see all of those details written on a sales contract ready for a signature.
then like i said yesterday, why not try a DIFFERENT dealer... i dont care how "big" this dealer is, obviously you dont mean spit to them as a customer or they wouldve offered you that option. go elsewhere and see if you get the same answer. the longer you wait to order it, the further back on the order list yours ends up, and the longer you have to wait to get it. or print out this thread and take it back to your dealer and ask them why they are unable, or incompetent, to do the same thing that all the other dealers can...

that link simply says the cars with nav arent being built yet because they dont have the radios in stock yet. means nothing for all the others ordered without nav...
themoneypit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 07:27 AM   #21
Baba

Quote:
Originally Posted by themoneypit View Post
then like i said yesterday, why not try a DIFFERENT dealer... i dont care how "big" this dealer is, obviously you dont mean spit to them as a customer or they wouldve offered you that option. go elsewhere and see if you get the same answer. the longer you wait to order it, the further back on the order list yours ends up, and the longer you have to wait to get it. or print out this thread and take it back to your dealer and ask them why they are unable, or incompetent, to do the same thing that all the other dealers can...

that link simply says the cars with nav arent being built yet because they dont have the radios in stock yet. means nothing for all the others ordered without nav...
Thanks for elaborating and helping to clarify. This is the primary reason I joined this forum. To learn and understand things about the vehicle and the processes involved in order to have the most satisfactory ownership experience possible.

My salesman called me yesterday evening and he said they are now taking orders. Once again, forum members provided the heads-up on the most up-to-date info before my dealer (along with the tonneau pins, et al).
3 Pedals

Old 05-19-2012, 01:01 AM   #22
Proud father

Drives: 13 ZL1 Vert
irked also

Quote:

my dealer is doing exactly same thing.I can only guess it has to do with a monthly numbers game to keep them on track with their monthly quota's
Proud father is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 01:03 PM   #23
OVERPAR73
2018 Garnet Red ZL1 conve

Drives: 2013 & 2018 ZL1 vert
My dealer also called me yesterday and I submitted my order (wish list), so we will see what happens now! I've seen on this web site that the 7" navigation unit is on back order, has anybody else heard this info? I can hardly wait for them to begin production!!
OVERPAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 06:37 PM   #24
Proud father

order #QJCTNM
1st on the list-Wait and see!
Old 06-15-2012, 10:41 PM   #25
Snakedriver

Drives: ZL1
My dealer has an allocation and placed my order this week.
Snakedriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 08:59 PM   #26
Proud father

allocations tomorrow? (6-21)verts 2013
Old 06-21-2012, 11:00 AM   #27
Snakedriver

Drives: ZL1
Placing the order and having the factory pick it up are not the same. I was told there will be more production info after July 2nd.
Snakedriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 12:52 PM   #28
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud father View Post
allocations tomorrow? (6-21)verts 2013
My dealer called to let me know that at least some ZL1 Vert allocations were announced today, but not mine just yet.

Hate the wait.
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote