Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 12-14-2013, 05:44 PM   #15
camaro4mybday
"Camaro Joe"

Drives: 2010 SILVER ICE 2LT/RS CAMARO
Send a message via AIM to camaro4mybday
i just got a set of supercar xa's full cradle bushings and radius inserts. and i spoke to pete yesterday. they are still in business. they are working on parts made in the usa. they will be back in full swing
camaro4mybday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 05:45 PM   #16
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmike View Post
I've learned SO much from Pete especially in the suspension sub forum. He has always been in here offering his advise and expertise! It is very strange that all of a sudden he disappeared. I know there's a good reason so we'll just have to wait and see! I just got my drop links from them last week even though it took over 2 months so they're still in business.
I'm sure for good reasons and hopefully for the better. Just odd is all. Venders cant even get ahold of them.
By the way the links go in o.k.?
VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 05:59 PM   #17
chozn4service

Drives: 2016 SS w/2SS A8 Blue Velvet
I had Pedder's on my V6 and loved them! I went from the Eibach Pro Kit to the Pedder's and the ride and handling was so much better. When I traded the car in August Pedder's was a must have but couldn't get the parts. I waited and waited and waited and finally went with DSE for my lowering springs and 1LE/ZL1 conversion bars and I have to say, the ride is great, stance and handling is that of what I expected with Pedder's. Would I have preferred Pedder's? Absolutely but I got tired of the wait and I was working on a deadline to get this car modded as soon as possible. It's nice to see the red coils when you look into the rear wheel well but man, I can't complain. Seems like nobody wanted to take my money when I was trying to mod this car. LOL
Old 12-14-2013, 06:09 PM   #18
Dexman1349
2010 2SS/RS M6

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=330872

Cosmetic: ZL1 front w/mailslot, painted stripes, powdercoated SS rims, tow hook, and full chrome delete

Suspension: Pfadt subframe bushings, Pfadt rear UCA bushings, Z28 Upper control arms, Spohn trailing arms with BMR trailing arm & differential bushings, ZL1 Toe Rods and springs, Prothane radius arm inserts & steering rack bushing, Pfadt Sport front sway, FE4 conversion w/ DS rear sway, Pfadt strut brace

Drivetrain: RMCR tune, CAI intake, Kooks headers, hi-flo cats & exhaust, VMAX TB, ZL1 fuel pump, LSR Tri-Ax shifter

Bumblebee Racecar Build
Dexman1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 06:58 PM   #19
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
Quote:
Originally Posted by VR Baron View Post
I'm sure for good reasons and hopefully for the better. Just odd is all. Venders cant even get ahold of them.
By the way the links go in o.k.?
Won't be doing them for a couple weeks. I sent my axles down to DSS for the road course upgrade so I'll do the sway bar when I do the axle installs.
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 09:40 AM   #20
SPCBA

Drives: pleather and Chiclets
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaySouth View Post
I have not had any response from them by phone or e-mail either. I have left several messages from 2+ weeks before SEMA. Solidified my thoughts to go with Pfadt.
Nice avatar picture
Old 12-15-2013, 09:56 AM   #21
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPCBA View Post
Nice avatar picture
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 12:12 PM   #22
wakespeak

Drives: 2020 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by VR Baron View Post
I have whiteline for the craddle inserts and upper rear arm bushings. The Make Pedders. Just a very little softer durameter and half the price.Come in black.
How did the inserts work out? I am looking at either doing inserts or full bushings for road coarse/HPDE. I am mostly interest in side to side step out added support, rather than the up/down which is where the horsepower guidelines come from. I will be staying with stock horsepower.
wakespeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 12:51 PM   #23
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlyApex View Post
So who would be the best alternative for rear subframe bushings and front control arm bushing?
Pfadt and BMR are good choices, however I suggest going with Pfadt's Solid subframe bushings as they eliminate ALL subframe movement and will last the life of your car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakespeak View Post
How did the inserts work out? I am looking at either doing inserts or full bushings for road coarse/HPDE. I am mostly interest in side to side step out added support, rather than the up/down which is where the horsepower guidelines come from. I will be staying with stock horsepower.
I suggest doing a full bushing regardless. Corvettes come with a solid subframe connection and do not suffer from NVH because of it. IMO there is no reason to have anything less than a solid bushing in that location. They are a bit of an investment, but like I said, they will last the life of your car and you'll never have to think about it again.

As for Pedders, I hope everything works out. They have great products and up until recently, they have been great to work with.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 02:56 PM   #24
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Quote:
So far so good. Only done one auto x event and dont know if they did anything or not. Went Inserts as didnt need the higher cost bushings for more power. Sure full bushings work better
Old 12-16-2013, 06:50 PM   #25
Synner

Drives: cars
Quote:
http://www.admperformance.com/produc...63&product=258

Get these if you do any road course. I'm swapping out my full poly for these in the next week or two when my schedule allows. They're almost too pretty to hide under the car.
Synner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 06:53 PM   #26
Synner

Drives: cars
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlyApex View Post
I was planning on getting the 1LE permagrin setup in Jan but I have been hearing that people have ordered parts from Peddlers and experiencing long waits and no response from emails. I don't want to order if there is a chance that I could lose my money. Anyone know what's going on?
There is another thread in the vendor feedback session. There is a legal dispute occurring between Pedders Australia which is the parent company and Pedders USA. They most likely got a cease and desist lettter on any business until its resolved.

You can wait a little bit if your timeline allows or you can look at other options. The parts availability will be back once the legal issues get resolved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynosteve View Post
Guys i emailed Pedders Head Office Australia the other day and got this response back from them, to be honest it doesnt look good for anyone that has any orders with pedders usa.

I am sorry to hear of the difficulties you have been having.We are currently involved in a legal situation with the entity that has acted as U.S. distributor.
Unfortunately we cannot assist you at the moment,if you could give me any details of the various attempts you made to contact them, it would be very much appreciated.
We hope to be able to give you more information early in the new year.

Dianne Orders | Accounts Department | Pedders Suspension

Tel +61 3 9706 3500 | Fax +61 3 9706 3355 |
6 Bridge Road Keysborough, Victoria, Australia 3173
Synner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 07:20 PM   #27
EarlyApex

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS 1LE
That would explain the lack of response to emails and such. Sorry to hear that.
Old 12-16-2013, 08:31 PM   #28
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synner View Post
There is another thread in the vendor feedback session. There is a legal dispute occurring between Pedders Australia which is the parent company and Pedders USA. They most likely got a cease and desist lettter on any business until its resolved.

You can wait a little bit if your timeline allows or you can look at other options. The parts availability will be back once the legal issues get resolved.
I was told that awhile back but didnt want to say. Hope they resolve the issues.