Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 04-24-2009, 12:09 AM   #29
pointer lover

Drives: F-250 stroke
everone is having the RS dropping off i cant get it added dont understand this the dealer said it changes the early order status WTF
pointer lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 12:54 AM   #30
erasedgod
CGM 2SS/RS

Drives: # 9641
Quote:
Originally Posted by superstockcam View Post
I changed mine having the YF5 cali emissions dropped. "my dealer always adds that since its a neighboring state" then on Tuesday morning he sent me the PDF, it was missing the RS package,polished wheels and cover!! I caught it and he fixed it but wow waiting 133 days with the same order and then at go time that happens...
Ah, crap. I dropped the Cali emissions, too. Hopefully I can get in touch with my dealer before it's too late.
Old 04-24-2009, 01:10 AM   #31
a6pk2go

Drives: ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foster26 View Post
You know, it kinda bugs me how poeple rip you when you post something that was already talked about. It usually is from those who are on here about 14 or more hours out of every day and have something to say on EVERY post. I get on here way too much (according to my wife) but I don't read EVERY post. Believe it or not, I have found information from a post where one of the frequent reader/posters complained that the info was already posted and put one of their favorite smileys about how dumb the post is. The fact is, there is lots of redundant info and there will continue to be. IMO, this information is so important it needed to be said again. I said in the beginning that this is a repost so when you put on here it has already been posted, well that's kinda the same redundancy isn't it? RELAX already.

Don't worry about this repost Foster. If it helps ONE PERSON it was well worth it to that person.
a6pk2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 06:12 AM   #32
Stingr69
'69 Owned Since '79

Drives: '69 Z/28 LeMans Blue w/White
Me too - I made a change to my order to remove the hurst shifter and the polished wheels option dissapeared. I did not catch it right away but I did catch it in time. I warned them about checking the other orders they have but they did not seem too concerned.

We need all the threads we can get about this. There WILL be some pizzed off forum members with missing options when the cars get delivered. All we can do is try to convince people to check their orders.

-Mark.
Stingr69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 06:03 PM   #33
Foster26

Drives: 2SS/RS IOM 6SP CGRS #9761
tt
Foster26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 10:06 PM   #34
metalman

Drives: 2000 Prelude
I also made a change. I was assured by the dealer the RS package was still on there. The more I thought about it the more worried I became and requested a printout of the order. The RS package was gone. It took me a week to convince my salesperson that it was gone so be persistent and check the order printout yourself.
metalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 05:23 PM   #35
Hollywod
Hollywood

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
Quote:
You know, it kinda bugs me how poeple rip you when you post something that was already talked about. It usually is from those who are on here about 14 or more hours out of every day and have something to say on EVERY post. I get on here way too much (according to my wife) but I don't read EVERY post. Believe it or not, I have found information from a post where one of the frequent reader/posters complained that the info was already posted and put one of their favorite smileys about how dumb the post is. The fact is, there is lots of redundant info and there will continue to be. IMO, this information is so important it needed to be said again. I said in the beginning that this is a repost so when you put on here it has already been posted, well that's kinda the same redundancy isn't it? RELAX already.

Black 2010 2SS Ordered 5/16/09
1100-Preliminary order accepted 5/18/09
3000-Order Accepted by Production Control 05/27/09
3300-Order scheduled for production 06/16/09 - TPW 06/29/09
3400-Order broadcast 6/20/09
3800-Order Produced 6/30/09 - VIN # 123221
4200-Shipped 7/2/09
5000-Delivered to the dealer 7/6/09
Hollywod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 05:51 PM   #36
Gameover

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS ABM Camaro
Quote:
I know there had been some mention of this already but I could not find the thread. I am posting because I think it is very important if you ordered the RS package AND made any changes to your order. I also think it is definitely worth a re-post.

Someone posted that they made a change to their order and the RS package was deleted off without anyone noticing. Once his car was pulled for production, he could not add the RS package back and will be stuck without it. After reading this, I checked with my dealer because I had made an interior change. Sure enough, the RS package was gone from my order! Luckily, I was able to add it back on since my order was only 2500.

So, if you ordered the RS package AND made any change to your order, you should definitely check with your dealer or you may be disappointed. EVEN if you trust that your dealer would have caught this.
It's a good point to bring up again, especially with more and more new members that may not know of this problem. This was first thing I checked when I made all my changes final at the dealer.
Old 06-02-2009, 06:01 PM   #37
GamecockFan

Drives: 2G1FK1EJ7A9117103
It ABSOLUTELY is. In fact, I missed it the first time around, and sure enough I just checked my printout and realized it wasn't on there after I changed from black LPO stripes to factory CGM. But I think I might be too late damnit.

So, this is a dealer mistake. We sure it isn't some kind of error in the Workbench?
GamecockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 06:07 PM   #38
Gameover

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockFan View Post
It ABSOLUTELY is. In fact, I missed it the first time around, and sure enough I just checked my printout and realized it wasn't on there after I changed from black LPO stripes to factory CGM. But I think I might be too late damnit.

So, this is a dealer mistake. We sure it isn't some kind of error in the Workbench?

Its a software bug in the GM workbench program, it appears!
Old 06-02-2009, 06:20 PM   #39
GamecockFan

Well that's great. I called my dealer, there's only one guy there apparently can access the workbench, and he said he was busy and to call another guy tomorrow around 11. I'm pretty sure my car has been pulled, not sure though. This sucks. I'm mostly concerned about the HIDs. Can I order those?
Old 06-02-2009, 06:27 PM   #40
Invictus1906

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Why isn't it a norm that the dealer proactively contact the customer when the order is pulled so it can be verified? That would help quite a bit and avoid this from happening more frequently. I realize as a customer you need to be sure you're getting what you're paying for, but since the dealer knows when the order is going through different phases, it only makes sense to be more proactive.
Old 06-02-2009, 06:51 PM   #41
GamecockFan

Well, every time I have called about an order status (which has only been twice since March, it's not like I'm bugging them), they say "oh Mr. XXX we'll give you a call as we get updates". But they never do/have.
Old 06-02-2009, 06:55 PM   #42
Gameover

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockFan View Post
Well, every time I have called about an order status (which has only been twice since March, it's not like I'm bugging them), they say "oh Mr. XXX we'll give you a call as we get updates". But they never do/have.
If you have to, drive by the dealer and ask him for a "current" print out of your workbench order. Tell him you lost it and need another copy, or something.