Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 09-11-2010, 11:05 AM   #1
skipj3
Go Gators Baby!!!

Drives: '11 2SS M6
Tail light condensation

When I bought my camaro(3 weeks ago today) it was a rainy day and didnt notice the condensation in the outboard tail lamp housing. A coworker pointed it out a few days later. So I dropped by the service department a few days later to get it ordered and order a new HUD control switch. The switch is sticking in the lower part of the page select part. My appt. was for 9am today(I made it early so not to miss any football).

When I arrive, they tell me the HUD control was never ordered. But replacing the tail lamp would only take 30 mins. No biggie. so 30 mins-ish later they said they are ready for me BUT there is a problem.

When they ordered the lamp, they ordered the wrong one. They ordered an inboard lamp instead of an outboard. I'm not so upset now that I know what the "problem" is. The service guy offered me a tank of premium when I come back, which I thought was a nice gesture.

So, be sure your dealer orders the right part for your car so you don't have to get up early on a Saturday morning for nothing.

The Department of Redundancy Department
skipj3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 11:42 AM   #2
Baldman
EMERALD COAST CAMAROS

Drives: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by skipj3 View Post
When I bought my camaro(3 weeks ago today) it was a rainy day and didnt notice the condensation in the outboard tail lamp housing. A coworker pointed it out a few days later. So I dropped by the service department a few days later to get it ordered and order a new HUD control switch. The switch is sticking in the lower part of the page select part. My appt. was for 9am today(I made it early so not to miss any football).

When I arrive, they tell me the HUD control was never ordered. But replacing the tail lamp would only take 30 mins. No biggie. so 30 mins-ish later they said they are ready for me BUT there is a problem.

When they ordered the lamp, they ordered the wrong one. They ordered an inboard lamp instead of an outboard. I'm not so upset now that I know what the "problem" is. The service guy offered me a tank of premium when I come back, which I thought was a nice gesture.

So, be sure your dealer orders the right part for your car so you don't have to get up early on a Saturday morning for nothing.
You're lucky the service department is open on Saturday.
Baldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 11:46 AM   #3
skipj3
Go Gators Baby!!!

Drives: '11 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldman View Post
You're lucky the service department is open on Saturday.
Yes I was surpised when I was making the appointment.

The Department of Redundancy Department
skipj3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 11:51 AM   #4
RipGear

Drives: '74 Vette Coupe
I have condensation in the passenger side outboard taillight. I tried a search two weeks ago and didn't find anything. Anyone else have this problem???
2006 Troy-Bilt Weed Eater, I1 4-Stroke, M1
2010 Camaro #64281, 2SS/RS, L99, RJT, Black Leather, Black Rallys
RipGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 03:05 PM   #5
Albion

Drives: IOM 1ss
I have condensation in mine,only trouble is i live in the U.K.(Drivers side outer)
I am still persuing a replacement,though.
Albion is offline   Reply With Quote