Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 10-20-2010, 10:38 AM   #15
ducatisl
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 2SS 6m
Location: Fort Walton Beach...surrounded by da** pickup trucks I can't see around!
Just an update: 2000+ miles, still no chattering, still engages just as smoothly as when Mike installed it, just replaced all the brake/clutch fluid and bled both systems (incorrectly at that, wrong caliper order as well as "there's a 2nd bleeder on each caliper?!"). What a difference! Guess the prior trackday really dorked up the brake/clutch fluid because now the clutch is almost stock-like. Still lighter throw, engagement is a little higher off the floor and with more engagement length (not so on/off). Shifts smoother, easier, and no issues getting into gear whatsoever in the morning. I'm going to have to change the brake/clutch fluid more often!
Procharged F1A-94 on a 416 LSA block, Callies/Manley/Scat/Melling/Cloyes/ARP/Ferrea/Landspeed/Hi-Ram/FIC/Tick/Alky/ Strange/QA1/DSS/BMR/RPS/Tilton/GZM/Fore/AEM/ATi/JGS etc., built/tuned by me and Innovative Street Technologies
'Mo's Seemingly Endless Build Thread
ducatisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 01:07 PM   #16
Merc
In The Circle

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by the rich dude View Post
Pics brother. Pics!!!!!
Car still stuck at dealers for the outout shaft re-placement.
Merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 12:30 AM   #17
Merc
In The Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrinderSS View Post
After reading your review of this clutch I decided to buy one (Model#: T1S-G01) and had it installed yesterday. My results so far are horrendous; I've driven it about 50 miles since having the clutch installed and I've got to say it has ruined the drivability of my car. The shudder when starting from a stop is unbearable; it even shudders when down shifting.

$1500 for the clutch and installation and I hate driving my car. I'm going to hammer ACT here and on other forums until this is resolved. This is complete BS.
Must be installed in correct. I put the first 100km on mine today. It's mint. No shuddering. It's butter soft. I love it.
Old 10-29-2010, 03:35 PM   #18
GrinderSS
Account Suspended

Drives: IOM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercuryman96 View Post
Must be installed in correct. I put the first 100km on mine today. It's mint. No shuddering. It's butter soft. I love it.
Mine is still shuddering pretty badly when launching at low RPM and when downshifting. The mechanic swears he installed it correctly, but who knows.
GrinderSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 03:42 PM   #19
Merc
In The Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrinderSS View Post
Mine is still shuddering pretty badly when launching at low RPM and when downshifting. The mechanic swears he installed it correctly, but who knows.
Don't know what to tell you. Mine is mint. Love it. Ask your guy if he is sure that he didn't mix up the shims on the stands. Very important. If he did have an accident with the shims. The only way to fix it is follow ACT set up procedure. You did buy the clutch and flywheel as a set?

Failing that call Sean at ACT.

Old 10-30-2010, 07:47 AM   #20
ducatisl
Emerald Coast Camaros

Location: Fort Walton Beach...surrounded by da** pickup trucks I can't see around!
Mine is mint too.

Anyone do the separate clutch reservoir mod? I'm almost thinking it might be easier just to keep the OEM setup since I rather like the idea of flushing out BOTH brake and clutch fluid several times a year after track day weekends.
Procharged F1A-94 on a 416 LSA block, Callies/Manley/Scat/Melling/Cloyes/ARP/Ferrea/Landspeed/Hi-Ram/FIC/Tick/Alky/ Strange/QA1/DSS/BMR/RPS/Tilton/GZM/Fore/AEM/ATi/JGS etc., built/tuned by me and Innovative Street Technologies
Old 10-30-2010, 08:09 AM   #21
Merc
In The Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducatisl View Post
Mine is mint too.

Anyone do the separate clutch reservoir mod? I'm almost thinking it might be easier just to keep the OEM setup since I rather like the idea of flushing out BOTH brake and clutch fluid several times a year after track day weekends.
Not yet but the resovoir is on order.
Old 10-30-2010, 11:16 AM   #22
ducatisl
Emerald Coast Camaros

Aren't Canadian cars in storage by now?!

Just messin' with ya. Post some pics when you "git 'er done".

Quote:
Not yet but the resovoir is on order.
Old 10-30-2010, 11:21 AM   #23
Merc
In The Circle

I live 90 minutes north of Seattle WA right on the border. Same weather as Seattle. Yes I just parked Pumpkin til I leave for C5F II. Tons of stuff to do, have box's of BMR stuff to put on. What do you want to see pic' of?

Old 10-30-2010, 04:00 PM   #24
ducatisl
Emerald Coast Camaros

Just a pic or two of the new reservoir and how you plugged the OEM reservoir's clutch nipple.

I've put a ton of BMR stuff on my SS. If you're doing subframe bushings, keep a propane torch nearby. The front subframe hats will then drop right off if lightly heated.
Quote:

I live 90 minutes north of Seattle WA right on the border. Same weather as Seattle. Yes I just parked Pumpkin til I leave for C5F II. Tons of stuff to do, have box's of BMR stuff to put on. What do you want to see pic' of?

Old 10-30-2010, 04:09 PM   #25
Merc
In The Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducatisl View Post
Just a pic or two of the new reservoir and how you plugged the OEM reservoir's clutch nipple.

I've put a ton of BMR stuff on my SS. If you're doing subframe bushings, keep a propane torch nearby. The front subframe hats will then drop right off if lightly heated.
I think I'm just using the inserts on the subframe, but thanks for the tip. I'll keep it in mind. I have only installed strut brace, trailing arms, tunnel brace and driveshaft loop so far. Still got:

Sways
Toe Links
All the bushings front and back

Old 10-30-2010, 07:50 PM   #26
Corsec

Drives: 2010 2ss
Installed the ACT about 3 weeks ago. Had the mechanic at Jim Glover Cheverolet in Tulsa do the install. Also changed out the stock hydraulic release for RAM's. This was all done after much arguing about the stock clutch and how crappy it was in my car. I finally got tired of the fight and since I am planning on being at 600 RWHP by early next year I finally told them to just forget it and handed them my new parts. They treated me very right on the install, except for the mechanic wasn't happy, said it was a pain figuring out all the right measurements to get it set up. However, he must have done it right because WOW! what a difference. I actually like my camaro again :-) The clutch is now super smooth. No noise except for if you lug the motor at around 2000 RPM I get a little chatter. Not really a problem as I can't keep from stomping it! The difference the clutch made in the performance from stock is very noticeable. The engine spools up much faster. If you are light on gas and by yourself with traction control turned off be careful if you stomp it in 1st or 2nd as it just lights the tires! I highly recommend to anyone still fighting a bum stock clutch that they upgrade to a high performance clutch and the ACT is working good for me so far.
Old 10-31-2010, 08:29 AM   #27
Merc
In The Circle

Love mine too. Can't wait til it's broken in.
Old 10-31-2010, 09:02 AM   #28
ducatisl
Emerald Coast Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsec View Post
...The engine spools up much faster. If you are light on gas and by yourself with traction control turned off be careful if you stomp it in 1st or 2nd as it just lights the tires!
...yeah, it seems so long ago that my SS was stock that I thought the rolling 1st/2nd gear burnouts were due to the new cam It does rev a little quicker,yep.

Almost 2500 miles on my ACT and still running great.