Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 07-16-2011, 08:50 PM   #127
NicksVSix

Drives: 2014 2LT Red Rock Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter View Post
I'm starting to think this thread has out-lived its usefulness...
They usually do after the first 2 pages or so.
Old 07-16-2011, 08:58 PM   #128
Zachary Hendrix

Drives: 2008 Z06 Corvette
Send a message via Skype™ to Zachary Hendrix
Haha ow... My cat scratched me if that makes you feel absolutely terrified for my life.
3.8 Tested 0-60
8.02 @ 100.4MPH: 1/8 Mile
11.78 @ 120.2: 1/4 Mile
Zachary Hendrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 09:54 PM   #129
Z28RockStar

Drives: 2SS/RS CGM 6M, 2007 Harley Deluxe
Talking HIPPIES LOL!

Quote:
So, you believe that if any dog ever shows any aggression it should be put down? Man, that's rough.

I will agree that if an animal shows recurring/chronic uncontrolled agression, then it's gotta go. But in this SPECIFIC instance, I don't think that is the case.

My biggest issue with this whole scenario is that people have been trained over the years to automatically blame a pit bull for any attack.

I also sincerely hope your hippie comments are directed at someone other than me, because that only goes to show how poor you are at judging people.
Dear Hippie, (jokes lol!)

I would like to clarify about my extremely polarized comments lol, it's mostly to get people to think and get a rise out of them. I am actually a fairly middle of the road guy as far as politics go. My mom was a hippie and my father a soldier, I was a soldier in a war like my father. I love both my parents. I do not see soldiers as anything but true real life hero's, not "baby killers". I do believe individuals (as well as nations) have the INNATE RIGHT to defend themselves! I'd rather have a gun and not need it than need a gun and not have it. I am the guy that would agree only someone completely INSANE would want armed conflict or war. I think if people are unhappy with elected officials they should vote them out, don't blame soldiers for the poor decisions of the officials you elected. I do not wish to be a SURF to anyone, a nation with right to bear arms has citizens, an unarmed nation has subjects. So while I do have strong convictions I vehemently defend the rights of the individual to be truly FREE and make their own life decisions, example: I think PETA is overboard though I know their position comes from a good place in their heart! I do LOVE the nude PETA chicks! I have my own beliefs as everyone should feel comfortable doing! Just don't harm others for their beliefs. I may poke fun at institutions, political positions, ideology although usually it's only in fun. Some people take things too seriously IMHO and I find that sad. Example: Hey man don't really get mad I eat meat and you don't. It's not my fault God made cows so tasty! (lol jokes) So no, I don't really direct "hippie" at any one person. (cept maybe Micheal Moore or Jeanie Garaffalo lol more jokes) I suppose I am maybe a little right of center though it's like the old joke goes, politics are like the wings of an eagle, left or right, both are on the same bird of prey. Folks may see things from different perspectives though there's never a need to be seriously cruel, hateful or harmful. I do find the ridiculousness of over polarization amusing!

As for the dogs I looked at the severity and depth of the wounds and something just doesn't add up for me. If they're not so dangerous why would the OP (we hope responsible owner) describe a "kill mode". If I read the OP correctly the GF owns the female that she's had a long time, males are usually the ones who need to demonstrate their dominance. The GFs own dog would not stop once she had subdued the male? You don't thing that's a warning? I would be remiss to not express my opinion that these are not truly domesticated animals and yes I believe very dangerous. The brother and GF I think are very lucky the injuries were not more severe. I think any dog that's not a trained police dog or military dog trained to attack on command that exhibits more aggression than barking or growling at a stranger passing their yard is a dangerous vicious violent undomesticated animal that should be put down. The owner is a grown man and free to make his own decisions, I hope his decision is not one he will regret in the future.

Best Regards Hippie, (jokes)
Z28RockStar lol

Old 07-16-2011, 11:27 PM   #130
brandotron
I am the internets.

Drives: dangerously
Z28rockstar stirring the pot again
Old 07-16-2011, 11:35 PM   #131
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicksVSix View Post
They usually do after the first 2 pages or so.
No truer words...

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 01:32 AM   #132
Z28RockStar

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandotron View Post
Z28rockstar stirring the pot again

always glad to be of service

lol
Old 07-17-2011, 02:18 AM   #133
Z28RockStar

Talking WTF!

Quote:
No truer words...
Sorry you don't have a sense of humor? lol
Old 07-17-2011, 02:22 AM   #134
GrnMchin
Not easy being Green

Drives: 67 Nova SS

If I did comment only 5% would understand.........
Old 09-10-2018, 01:36 AM   #135
Ashik Rex

Drives: no
Quote:
Originally Posted by heRS View Post
Dog trainer here: When 2 dogs fight your best bet it to figure out who is the "aggressor" and hold that dogs' tail to give the other one a chance to get away. Never try to get between them! In the above scenario, I would have taken a hold of the female's tail to let the male get away. When you hold their rear legs or tail as described, the dog is still focused on the other dog and is less likely to bite you. Hands off procedure, a deck chair between them, not your hands! Or the hose. Or an air horn.
Why were they fighting? Possibly over a toy or chewie, possibly a dog outside the fence got them excited and they took it out on each other? Or, he wouldn't quit bugging her and she took him to task. Will he go there again? He's male. Most likely. If it becomes a regular thing, I'd rehome one or the other. Some dogs just do better as "only dogs".
The dog on top pic looks to be part boxer. Is that the male? They are a more high energy dog than a pit, and they have poor social skills with other dogs quite often.
Shock collars? No wonder they're frustrated! Are those bark collars, UG fence collars or some sort of dog training collars? Sounds like you need to find a good trainer who uses positive reinforcement training to teach you and your girl how to be better pet parents so you can lose the shock collars.
Dog training isn't always about the dog, it's about the signals we send when dealing with them. Learn how to understand the dog, you'll have a happier relationship all the way around.
If she goes to a hospital, they will require the dog to go into quarantine and it will not go well for the dog because it's a "bully" breed. Clean those wounds well!
So, you believe that if any dog ever shows any aggression it should be put down??
Ashik Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 03:09 AM   #136
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashik Rex View Post
So, you believe that if any dog ever shows any aggression it should be put down??
Bud... This thread is 7 years old...
Old 09-10-2018, 06:59 AM   #137
Rahnok
Fish Poop Aficionado

Drives: 2015 2LS SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
Bud... This thread is 7 years old...
I often wonder what people are searching for to stumble upon such a random thread from so many years ago. I’m just gonna go out on a limb and guess the guy hasn’t even seen a Camaro before.
Old 09-11-2018, 04:10 AM   #138
Ashik Rex

Drives: no
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybugsmom View Post
DEAD WRONG!!!!!!!
You hear about it more because when a Pitbull bites, it does more damage and hits the media due to their reputation. The breed that bites the most??? Cocker Spaniel. You just never hear about it in the news because children generally don't die from those bites....

Manny, listen to heRS - I've met her and one of her dogs - he is the most well mannered dog I've ever seen, and I normally am not fond of the kind of dog she has.... May I suggest switching from a dog shock collar to a clicker? Shouldn't be hard to re-condition your dog to respond to a click instead of a beep.... My German Shepherd did really well with a clicker -and he's hyper as they come, jumpy, and about 85 pounds....
How does the clicker work on a dog? Is it safe for a puppy??
Ashik Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 06:18 AM   #139
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashik Rex View Post
How does the clicker work on a dog? Is it safe for a puppy??
Dude, give it up. After 7 years she's probably on a Buick forum by now discussing what cages will fit in the back of an Enclave.

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 07:02 AM   #140
ZEN357

Drives: 1991 Z/28 Convertible
I personally think it's nothing to worry about. I would monitor their behavior when together. As for biting your girlfriend, that's going to happen when owning a pet. My cat bit my wife cause she picked her up and she didn't want to be picked up. That doesn't mean I'm going to put her down it just means you go about handling them differently from now on.
ZEN357 is offline   Reply With Quote