Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Garage / Tools Discussions

Old 01-31-2013, 10:58 AM   #477
Tysen

Drives: 2011 RJT 2SS/RS M6
Lol, nice.
Old 02-02-2013, 06:57 PM   #478
cornfield camaro

Drives: 2011 l99
[QUOTE=mws444;6105596]Hey..... Thanks for your service!

Thanks for the kind words on the shop....I have had a blast building the place.

Don't make the mistake I did and do the garage before the house. I will assure the wife will make sure the house is way nicer than the garage.
I have been working on the house for a year now....it would be safe to say that we have been running our own stimulus program here in far west Texas.[/QUO
I lucked out and built my wife her dream house first and then did the shop. lol She was all about getting my dream shop built. (good woman!) I put up a 60x90x18 to work on equipment but all winter it has been camaro, Buick GN projects, and right now there are 4 dirt modifieds in there being worked on. I'm 62 and feel like I've "paid my dues" farming. My son is a hell of a racer and I'm having the best time of my life. Nothing like seeing your son drive thru a pack of 20 cars and win a big feature race.
Anyway, I love my shop and it's tax deductible.
PS You have a beautiful shop and know you're going to enjoy it once you get it organized!
cornfield camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:35 AM   #479
mws444

Drives: 701 RWHP Lingenfelter/Pedders Beast
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornfield camaro View Post
I lucked out and built my wife her dream house first and then did the shop. lol She was all about getting my dream shop built. (good woman!) I put up a 60x90x18 to work on equipment but all winter it has been camaro, Buick GN projects, and right now there are 4 dirt modifieds in there being worked on. I'm 62 and feel like I've "paid my dues" farming. My son is a hell of a racer and I'm having the best time of my life. Nothing like seeing your son drive thru a pack of 20 cars and win a big feature race.
Anyway, I love my shop and it's tax deductible.
PS You have a beautiful shop and know you're going to enjoy it once you get it organized!
Thanks! Do you have a thread with pics of your shop? Big, or small......I just love seeing great shops. My wife is great, we actually work together full time. She was the first to tell me to do it right and enjoy it. I just have this problem with overdoing everything.
It also appears you have been Blessed....that time you spend with your son is awesome!
I am also a farmer, I know well what you mean by dues!
Enjoy your son and shop! If you get time post up a couple of photos.
CCW 505t's Nitto Invo's and DR's
Beware of the LPE Brotherhood!
mws444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:07 PM   #480
cornfield camaro

Drives: 2011 l99
Quote:
Originally Posted by mws444 View Post
Thanks! Do you have a thread with pics of your shop? Big, or small......I just love seeing great shops. My wife is great, we actually work together full time. She was the first to tell me to do it right and enjoy it. I just have this problem with overdoing everything.
It also appears you have been Blessed....that time you spend with your son is awesome!
I am also a farmer, I know well what you mean by dues!
Enjoy your son and shop! If you get time post up a couple of photos.
I'm not real handy with pics but I'll try to put some up. Probably I'll have my son take some. Soon I hope.
cornfield camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:23 AM   #481
mws444

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornfield camaro View Post
I'm not real handy with pics but I'll try to put some up. Probably I'll have my son take some. Soon I hope.
Look forward to seeing them.
Old 02-09-2013, 09:46 AM   #482
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Good to see you're still around..... I bet momma's house is looking GOOD!!!

Old 02-10-2013, 07:35 AM   #483
mws444

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Twisty View Post
Good to see you're still around..... I bet momma's house is looking GOOD!!!

Hey I love what you are driving now!
I really have to say the interior is really nice. Now we are getting after the outside. I am starting to wonder if we ever finish these projects, dang internet and HGTV epic everything shows just keep new mods coming.
Old 06-08-2015, 08:47 PM   #484
mws444

Wow, I can't believe it has been over two years since I have been on this forum. Dropped in to say Hello and see who all is still around. Maybe some of the old timers will post up and get caught up.
Old 06-08-2015, 09:36 PM   #485
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by mws444 View Post
Wow, I can't believe it has been over two years since I have been on this forum. Dropped in to say Hello and see who all is still around. Maybe some of the old timers will post up and get caught up.
Headed to Texas this weekend to meet a new client from California. He is handing over a Camaro in pieces and I'll deliver a OPTIMA ready Camaro for the July 25th event at the Charlotte Motor Speedway. We are meeting in Kerrville so the girls can say hello to some friends.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 10:33 PM   #486
mws444

Pete! How are you Brother? I hope Deb is back to 100% and your girls are doing well.
Your customer is a lucky man, I know you will have that Camaro in fighting shape with time to spare.
My Camaro is down right now, seems I found the limits of the LPE rear end. Trying to get a new one ordered this week, I need to get back to racing soon.
Old 06-14-2015, 11:28 PM   #487
ac223mal

Drives: car
Since you brought this thread back to life, I got a chance to look back over it. Man you did a heck of a job with it and that's that I'm sure the pictures don't do it justice. Good to hear that everything is going good over there.
ac223mal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 03:12 AM   #488
Nzcamaro
NZ Camaro. New Zealand

Drives: 1968 camaro. 2010 2ss Camaro
Well, I have just spent the last few days reading this thread in my spare time,working lots so to come here with fellow camarians is great.
Long way away to me in New Zealand but have been to the USA a couple of times and love it, hope to do a longer stint over there when the kids get settled in work. still a few years away.
Re the build thread, absolutely love it, well done and yes you deserve it.
My wife and I with our two boys moved to the farming life last year, hydroponic lettuce and about 8acres in mesclun and baby spinach. The intention was to build a small three bay garage with man cave slash self contained unit at the rear, well the money soon got soaked up with getting the business up to where it needed two be and now we are thinking of putting it up for sale as it is not for us.
So very disappointed not have done my man cave but where the camaro sleeps is under a tidy up programme and will put up some signs etc bought on our trips to the U.S.
I will put up pics in time as it is still exciting for me.
Once again well done on your build. lOVE IT....."
If we ever get to Texas would love a tour.
Regards Jason
Nzcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 01:23 PM   #489
VTSummit
Consistently inconsistent

Drives: 2015 2LT Summit White
That's not a garage, it's an ecosystem. Glad to see the hard work pay off- just remember than more than a few people have traded health for prosperity and don't become one of those. Make the time to enjoy it.
VTSummit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 07:11 PM   #490
mws444

It's been a long time since I've posted up any updates.
A lot has happened in the last few years. I ended up having to file for divorce, for both my kids and my own well being it was the best thing to do. Even in such a terrible thing, God Blessed me. I got the kids, businesses and home, it cost me a fortune but worth every penny.
Here are some pics of the refurnished shop.
I've recouped the money lost in the divorce and met a beautiful woman to share my life with. My daughter is now a sophomore at Pepperdine on the Dean's list. My son is a Jr in highschool and a member of the Honor Society. They are both great kids.
Yes, I am a Blessed man
Attached Images