Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-01-2014, 03:07 PM   #85
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by trashmanssd View Post
A lot of Toyota on that list.
Bought a new Toyota 4x4 longbed back in '84. Best vehicle I've ever had. Had 140,000+ trouble-free miles on it when I lost it in a divorce. Ex had to have it because it was paid for. She totaled it 3 months later. I STILL miss that truck.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 03:11 PM   #86
st33v

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
46k modded. drive it like I stole it and still runs as good as new. just do the maintanance and you're good to go. these things got 100k powertrain warranty for a reason.
st33v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 07:14 PM   #87
kevinw

Drives: 2013 Black 2 LT vert
i have always owned GM cars. the only junk GM i had was a 1980 Buick Skylark, one of those X bodies like the Citation.
but, other than that. i had a 1995 Bonneville that had 205K miles and ran great. my 1986 Camaro 305 pulled a small boat and had 180K and i did nothing to that car. my 80 monte carlo was good at 140K. so, i bought another new camaro 3 months ago. you can just tell the car, while heavy, has some meat and not a tin can. these engines, like the 3.8 GM engines will run forever. i think the 3.6 and 6.2 engines are the same way. i have a 5.3 in my Envoy and it is so smooth running. so , OP, get the Camaro, in any trim level and enjoy it!!
kevinw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 07:34 PM   #88
dgriddick

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swacer View Post
Please define "to me countries don't really exist"
Yeah... me too????
dgriddick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 07:43 PM   #89
dgriddick

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkdoc View Post
Of course countries exist even though many in this world would like to eliminate country's as in "The New World Order" that Bush 1 spoke so highly about when he got on TV and said the US will no longer be a manufacturing economy but a service oriented society as he forcefully pushed the NAFTA program that Bill Clinton locked step with him and signed it into law, basically selling this country down the river. And now people wonder why so many people are still out of work.
Its sad.. Let's put us back on top.. start making technoligy and other consumables here... I was floored when Smithfield foods... a household name in pork and other products was sold to China... Im really over this selling off America one piece at a time... Eventually .. what will we have left.. the youngsters are drooling over their imports... and no one sees the greatness in why so many nations at one time wished they were us...

I will buy American regardless of the quality.. one suggestion.. If you like their imports so much.. move to China and see how you're welcomed as you drive their fancy cars for a while you like to turbo charge, call tuners and make stupid movies...

I'll push my GM any day before driving an import.. What happened to Zenith and RCA American made TVs??? oh Sony and other imports are on top and they are out of business and most 20 year olds never heard of those American brands.. lets see what is said about GM in 10 years if we keep this up... It will be Toyota.. Nissan... Honda..
dgriddick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 08:04 PM   #90
jd10013

Drives: 2012 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgriddick View Post
Its sad.. Let's put us back on top.. start making technology and other consumables here... I was floored when Smithfield foods... a household name in pork and other products was sold to China... Im really over this selling off America one piece at a time... Eventually .. what will we have left.. the youngsters are drooling over their imports... and no one sees the greatness in why so many nations at one time wished they were us...
first off, we're still on top. our economy is about 12x the size of china's, which is the next biggest. second, most technological things are made either here or Japan. are you not familiar with names like cisco,, RCA, Microsoft, goggle, Dell, HP etc, etc. and that's just electronics. getting into durrable goods and you have names like Whirlpool, myatag, GE (one of the largest company in the world)GM, Ford, etc, etc.

the fact that a foreign company (it's not actually the Chinese government) can buy a us corporation that's for sale is just a function of global trade. do you have any idea how many foreign companies are owned by American companies? and lastly, just about every nation outside of western Europe and Canada do in fact wish they were us. were the only country in the world where people will literally climb fences by the millions to get in.

Quote:
I will buy American regardless of the quality.. one suggestion.. If you like their imports so much.. move to China and see how you're welcomed as you drive their fancy cars for a while you like to turbo charge, call tuners and make stupid movies...
you want to guess who one of the biggest seller of cars is in china? I'll give you a hint, they also made your camaro. currently, GM sells more cars there than they do in the US. that's the benefit of global trade, the door swings both ways. if they stoped buying American, GM would sell about 2 million less vehicles per year.

Quote:
I'll push my GM any day before driving an import.. What happened to Zenith and RCA American made TVs??? oh Sony and other imports are on top and they are out of business and most 20 year olds never heard of those American brands.. lets see what is said about GM in 10 years if we keep this up... It will be Toyota.. Nissan... Honda..
your blind nationalism frightens me. do you have any idea how many American products are sold overseas? GM gets about 60% of it's profits alone from sales outside the US. in fact, if you take energy out of the equation, we export more products than we import.

Last edited by jd10013; 02-01-2014 at 09:41 PM.
jd10013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 09:10 PM   #91
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd10013 View Post
I'm not going to knock domestics, they've caught up a lot. but if you asked 100 mechanics what are the best built, or most reliable cars on the road 95 would tell you Toyota and Honda. and again, I'm not knocking domestics, I did buy one afteral, but it is what it is. they still rank at the top of every reliability and initial quality study done.
Most accurate post on this thread
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 09:42 PM   #92
DroptopZ
I'm your huckleberry...

Drives: '10 2SS/RS, '88 IROC vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
Most accurate post on this thread
Yep, 'cause you have to have power to break something! Jk lol, stirring the pot.

DroptopZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 09:48 PM   #93
jd10013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DroptopZ View Post
Yep, 'cause you have to have power to break something! Jk lol, stirring the pot.
actually, that is true to a degree. the smaller motors, especially the 4's, that are common in Asian cars typically run 7:1 or 8:1 compression ratios. that definitely adds to the durability of them.
Old 02-01-2014, 09:48 PM   #94
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by DroptopZ View Post
Ha...when I jump into my 2012 civic after driving my camaro.....I feel I can bike faster then that car accelerates. But that's ok ...each has it's purpose.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 01:20 AM   #95
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Toyota accelerator problem is not a problem domestics have and now the Toyotas have the heated seats problem that can catch fire! Who the hell would pick Toyota cars over domestics now? Now who's more reliable?
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 02:27 AM   #96
honor first
MURICA!

Drives: 2014 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheckMatey View Post
NO OFFENSE but i know american cars are not very reliable

the camaros are terrible dont buy them. american automotive garbage
AFE Intake, Stainless Power Headers + HFC, BadlanzHPE Electric Cutouts. 315/275 Nittos, Wheels. Debadged, Cosmetic Mods, Sound System, More
honor first is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 07:01 AM   #97
jd10013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q'smuscle View Post
Who the hell would pick Toyota cars over domestics now?
a majority of people actually.

Last edited by jd10013; 02-02-2014 at 08:04 AM.
Old 02-02-2014, 07:59 AM   #98
Mr Monte

Drives: 2014 Chevy SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheckMatey View Post
NO OFFENSE but i know american cars are not very reliable, but i just love camaros. everytime i see 1 on the streets i get a little excited.
thanks
My 1981 Camaro Z/28 had 268k miles on the original engine/tranny when I traded it in. The AC was still blowing cold & had never been recharged. I've had several Chevy cars, trucks, SUVs that I've put 150-200K miles on original engine/tranny.

The 1st year I had my 2010 Challenger SRT8 it was in the shop 14 times for a total of 3 months. All covered under warranty.

The 1st year I had my 2010 Mustang GT it went into the shop a few times for gas pouring out of the no gas cap system & left caliper grabbing. Ford said both were normal. The leaking gas ended up "melting" the side marker lense & Ford did replace that. They wouldn't fix the brake issue & I told them my wife refused to drive it as it was so they ended up giving me my full purchase price as trade in towards a new 2012 that was marked down 7,200 off MSRP. No issues with the 2012.

Bought my 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS almost 2 years ago & problem free with 14k miles.

Mr Monte is offline   Reply With Quote