Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 06-14-2014, 08:39 PM   #1
hotwhls

Drives: 2011 SGM (Hotwheels)
EBC brakes

Hey guys and girls, has anybody upgraded their rotors and pads to the EBC product and what do you think?
hotwhls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 03:41 PM   #2
Jrichards73

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Victory Red
I did the pads and rotors in the front, then I got the Granatelli rears with EBC pads and honestly they look identical. The price EBC wanted for the rears was ridiculous.

Updates: BTR Stage 2 VVT Cam Kit w/Smith Brothers Trunnions, Fluidampr, RX catch can, B&M Trans pan mod, Kooks Black Headers, Borla S-tunes, Eibach Multi-Pro-R2 coilovers and Swaybars, BMR Full Bushing kit with Toe and Trailing arms, RB Rotors w/EBC Pads, GForce 1400 Axles (now on order). AVH-X5800BHS in Scosche GM5201AB.
Jrichards73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 07:30 AM   #3
Towlie

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS L99
I can understand the price point being a bit high but, I had EBC pads and slotted/dimpled rotors on my last car that was boosted. I was a roll race type person and would brake boost regularly. Despite quick pad wear, my rotors were not the slightest bit warped and lasted till parted out the car. IMO they work damn well.
Towlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 08:12 AM   #4
RED_SS

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Centric Rotors from Tire Rack are what I have used for all my cars. My brother used them for AutoX and my buddy used them on his EVO for autoX as well. Held up really well and cant beat the price.
Old 06-16-2014, 10:06 AM   #5
Team STILLEN

Drives: Varies
We still have our Brake Special going on!

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=257770

PM or Call me with any questions.

Thanks

JT
Team STILLEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 10:10 PM   #6
hotwhls

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED_SS View Post
Centric Rotors from Tire Rack are what I have used for all my cars. My brother used them for AutoX and my buddy used them on his EVO for autoX as well. Held up really well and cant beat the price.
Thanks for the heads up about the Centric rotors, for sure an option!
Old 06-16-2014, 10:12 PM   #7
hotwhls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Towlie View Post
I can understand the price point being a bit high but, I had EBC pads and slotted/dimpled rotors on my last car that was boosted. I was a roll race type person and would brake boost regularly. Despite quick pad wear, my rotors were not the slightest bit warped and lasted till parted out the car. IMO they work damn well.
Appreciate your input, more than likely going to go with the EBC, but after my road trip here in July.....save some money for that!
Old 06-17-2014, 02:35 PM   #8
giant_g2

Drives: '13 1LE, '89 Caprice
Anybody use ebc blue stuff on the stock rotors for occasional track use? I hear that ebc causes the DBA rotors to crack and wondered if the stock ones have the same problem.
giant_g2 is offline   Reply With Quote