Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-26-2015, 05:35 PM   #1
Am17

Drives: 2012 Camaro LS, Ashen Grey
How easy has your dealer been as far as warranty work?

I've been having an issue for the past month or so with my clutch pedal squeaking. I was able to look up a few threads on C5 about potential fixes but none of them applied or worked. Dealer says their techs are inclined to believe it' the master cylinder, but WON'T replace the part until they're confident that's the source of the noise. The first day they had my car they had supposed issues replicating the noise. I went in the following day to demonstrate that the noise was in fact a very real issue. I took possession of the car while they ordered the master cylinder replacement and dropped it off this morning. Unfortunately I just received a call a short while ago that they'll need a bit more time to diagnose the issue. I'm single and the Camaro's my DD, so I'm fairly dependent on the car. How long should an issue such as this take to resolve?
Am17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 05:51 PM   #2
Tricksta

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrando View Post
You deserve a loaner for any work scheduled to take more than 4 hours.
+932992321
Old 02-26-2015, 05:54 PM   #3
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
OP, you deserve a
Ragnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 05:55 PM   #4
Am17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrando View Post
You deserve a loaner for any work scheduled to take more than 4 hours.
I wasn't aware that was the case. If anything now I'm pretty damn livid. Nearly three whole damn days I've been inconvenienced. Would it still be the case even though the issue being 'resolved' is relatively minor?
Old 02-26-2015, 06:36 PM   #5
Am17

Latest Update: No loaners available and my car won't be available until earliest tomorrow afternoon.
Old 02-26-2015, 07:31 PM   #6
RLHMARINES
1st Civ. Div.

Drives: Camaroless for now...RIP "Big SexZ"
My dealer has been great with my service needs and warranty work, plus they provide rentals for my loaner needs at no cost to me.
Old 02-26-2015, 10:48 PM   #7
SIN R G

Drives: 2008 VW R32, 2011 Synergy Green 2SS
Your dealer is a cheap idiot. They should have given you a loaner car. If they did not have one they should have rented one for you.
SIN R G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 10:55 PM   #8
Assassinx1

Drives: Corvettec5
I went to three dealers and brought the car back twice to the dealer its at now after showing proof my muffler was no good just to finally get them to replace the exhaust. Dealers suck because most mechanics aren't educated or experience enough to diagnose. Let alone they are in such a hurry because they have to be timed to do things all day and keep their ratios above 75-80 percent profits.
Assassinx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 11:14 PM   #9
Am17

Well as a follow up: The master cylinder replacement did not resolve the issue. I took it back on the 6th and they decided they would replace the whole clutch pedal assembly. They informed me it would take a a couple of days to arrive. I waited a few days for a followup so went ahead and called them on the 11th to ask if the assembly arrived. They informed me it had but would would have to wait an additional two weeks for an appointment to replace it. My dealer totally sucks.
Old 03-14-2015, 07:22 AM   #10
NYCamOwner
"Katy"

Drives: 2014 2LT A6 'Vert
Did you buy the car from that dealer? I have seen where dealerships will hesitate to give out a loaner unless you actually bought the car from them.

Possible next mods:
Throttle Body
Exhaust

Upstate C5 Member

No, that is not me in the avatar..... I just love hot girls and hot cars.... or hot girls IN hot cars....
NYCamOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 07:36 AM   #11
snarky
ultracrepidarianism

Drives: '14 1SS/RS/1LE/NPP '18 Accord Sport
don't worry - dealerships usually get it right by the third visit for the same problem. if it takes four you need a new dealer.
Old 03-14-2015, 07:41 AM   #12
chuckstacamaro

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS BRM Purchase 03/19/2014
No issues with dealer so far....on Warranty work...
chuckstacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 09:06 PM   #13
trcsr

Drives: 2018 2LT/RS Conv
The dealer that I purchased my car from totally sucks on all work. I had a list of about 10 problems, most of which took more than 2 visits to get fixed under warranty. I had one that took 6 visits and another that took 8. The one that took 8 was the last one and was at a different dealer and after a couple of calls to GM customer services office and executive office. The 7th visit was unsuccessful and that was when I called GM. The dealer was told to get me a loaner car and keep the car until they got the problem fixed. They spent a couple of days on it and then a full day on the phone with the Camaro engineering office and finally got it fixed. This would have been the last straw for me and if they had not got it fixed I was going the Lemon Law route, and was pretty sure I had a case.
trcsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 06:03 AM   #14
baum

Drives: 2013 1LS, 2013 Ram 1500
contact the chevy customer support that troll these forums they are very helpful. they will get a fire lit under the dealer a$$. when a service manager get a call directly from the chevy their attitude at the dealer changes.

look under the tech bulletin area of the forum and look through posts until you see them. send them a pm. they were helpful to me and followed through until my issues were resolved.

here is one of my posts that they helped me on
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=325746
baum is offline   Reply With Quote