Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 03-06-2012, 12:31 PM   #2605
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
What......Randy didn't listen....... Surely you jest.....
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 12:33 PM   #2606
WadeWilson
How U Doin?

Drives: 2014 CTS-V Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jkel View Post
Randy maybe you can sell them and get some DMH ones........80.00 for the install is a great price...They are not hard to wire up either........
WadeWilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 12:45 PM   #2607
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
we talked about all types of cutouts. I recommended QTP's. He was going to get Doug's... he just wasn't aware of it.

He already had his mind up when he asked the question on here...

Doug's is a good product... just not the right fit for Randy... like Savini wheels. they look great and they are priced well... but they just don't fit right... and I'd hate to see randy break another finger using a cutout instead this time...lmao
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 12:50 PM   #2608
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Lol, I knew when Em had to have her custom fabricated it might be a pain....Vengeance installed the DMH ones on mine and not one single problem with clearnce or fit.....They are 399.00 though.....I tried to get him to swing it when he did his cam and tune with them....may have gotten alittle break but he couldn't swing it then..........But these things unleash the beast......
Old 03-06-2012, 12:57 PM   #2609
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
and you got off the phone with him after only 5 minutes?
Old 03-06-2012, 01:12 PM   #2610
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Quote:
Lol, I knew when Em had to have her custom fabricated it might be a pain....Vengeance installed the DMH ones on mine and not one single problem with clearnce or fit.....They are 399.00 though.....I tried to get him to swing it when he did his cam and tune with them....may have gotten alittle break but he couldn't swing it then..........But these things unleash the beast......
399.00 each?
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Quote:
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
Quote:
Old 03-06-2012, 01:25 PM   #2611
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Quote:
The reason IPS had to tweak mine is because, like PQ, I have an automatic and a lowered car. I wanted the cutouts right behind the headers which puts them right next to the transmission. The automatic transmission is larger than the manual transmission making it a bit tight to get the cutouts tucked up there high enough to not hang too far below the frame of the car.

The QTP cutouts fit fine in a lowered car with an M6 transmission without any adjustments. The auto tranny presents more a fitment issue. It wasn't that big of a deal to make the QTP cutouts fit, but they did have to be adjusted a bit so they wouldn't hang too low below the car. The guys at IPS were being perfectionists.

I honestly don't think the DMH low profile cutouts would necessarily be any different. (Unless perhaps they were mounted further back on the car, in which case you wouldn't get the sound or the power as you do when they're right behind the headers).
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 01:34 PM   #2612
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
399.00 each?
No goofy for the set....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
The reason IPS had to tweak mine is because, like PQ, I have an automatic and a lowered car. I wanted the cutouts right behind the headers which puts them right next to the transmission. The automatic transmission is larger than the manual transmission making it a bit tight to get the cutouts tucked up there high enough to not hang too far below the frame of the car.

The QTP cutouts fit fine in a lowered car with an M6 transmission without any adjustments. The auto tranny presents more a fitment issue. It wasn't that big of a deal to make the QTP cutouts fit, but they did have to be adjusted a bit so they wouldn't hang too low below the car. The guys at IPS were being perfectionists.

I honestly don't think the DMH low profile cutouts would necessarily be any different. (Unless perhaps they were mounted further back on the car, in which case you wouldn't get the sound or the power as you do when they're right behind the headers).
IDK here is a pic of mine...they are about 4 to 6 inches long. They look longer but the mounting base is what attached them to the exhaust...the other stuff bolts to that welded flange...Their is plenty of room on each side of mine...but like I said the welded flange is probably 4 to 6 inches.
Attached Images

Old 03-06-2012, 01:35 PM   #2613
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Quote:
No goofy for the set....

IDK here is a pic of mine...they are about 4 to 6 inches long.
nice... except I don't want randy anywhere near a welder...lol

Quote:
Quote:
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
Quote:
Old 03-06-2012, 01:36 PM   #2614
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Well at least he could carterized any wounds with a welder....I know that is mispelled...LOL
Old 03-06-2012, 01:42 PM   #2615
Darth_Emma

Quote:
No goofy for the set....

IDK here is a pic of mine...they are about 4 to 6 inches long. They look longer but the mounting base is what attached them to the exhaust...the other stuff bolts to that welded flange...Their is plenty of room on each side of mine...but like I said the welded flange is probably 4 to 6 inches.
Yours are further back than mine. Also, to do mine like that, would not have worked because my exhaust didn't have quite as much bend as yours does at that location. I asked IPS about putting them there and they said it wouldn't work on my Borla exhaust.

The closer to the headers, the louder they are and you get better air flow. I picked up 10 rwhp with them open and the car was monster-truck loud with them open. It was awesome.

Last edited by Darth_Emma; 03-06-2012 at 02:06 PM.
Old 03-06-2012, 01:44 PM   #2616
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Yeah I have the stock exhaust from the cats back...mine is an axle back version so that may also affect that.....If you see it in person it really look like there is alot fo room.
Old 03-06-2012, 01:48 PM   #2617
Darth_Emma

Quote:
Yeah I have the stock exhaust from the cats back...mine is an axle back version so that may also affect that.....If you see it in person it really look like there is alot fo room.
With the stock exhaust, those low profile DMH and QTP cutouts work fine. Not so on most after-market exhausts. I went through all of this when I had mine put on. With the after-market exhaust and auto tranny, it's a bit trickier.
Old 03-06-2012, 02:00 PM   #2618
WadeWilson
How U Doin?

Drives: 2014 CTS-V Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
nice... except I don't want randy anywhere near a welder...lol
WadeWilson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camaro of the week, the circle