Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 09-03-2021, 04:42 PM   #29
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNSONROD View Post
well im just going on what i see and hear brother, just like you im sure. ive heard the Camaro is done. i havent got any connections to the caddy program since Andy stopped driving for them. in 2016 we were doing research for what turned into the mid engine corvette. i hear stuff sometimes 6 or 8 years before it happens, and im not an "in the know GM exec" i was just an adjacent to GM track flunky lol. i think the camaro is done and maybe im right and maybe they will knee jerk it back into existence. admittedly i know very little about the Caddy program, but how would they have gradually fired the Caddy guy LOL. just messin with ya man.
I agree that Camaro is done.

I was pointing out that in 2018 it appeared GM did a radical course adjustment. That everything they had going was all of a sudden wrong. Coupes, sedans, ICE were out in favor BEV and CUV. Malibu, CT6, Alpha, Black Wing engine (the actual engine) were dumped. Really nice tech too

I have wondered if Ford surprised them with the Mach E.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 05:06 PM   #30
JOHNSONROD

Drives: 62 Chevy & 2021 1SS/1LE manual
actually lots of crazy stuff lately man. you make some good observations. i was thinking about my experiences and made a general comment that was too broad. i should have said in my experience. back in the day, some of the stuff i would forget and then they would finally do it lol. it is gonna be a different world tho when ya cant buy a rear wheel drive front engine manual shift car that will go good.
JOHNSONROD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 07:30 PM   #31
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaimer View Post
Great thoughts, but I doubt it would ever happen. The same issues are still prevalent.

-the true sports/muscle car, passionate, customer market is the minority
-the Camaro is not AS practical as its competitors
-GM barely promotes Camaro sales, if at all
-GM continues to offer no incentives to move the Camaro inventory through the dealerships
-government & a fair part of society continue to push eco-options (a sour truth to large ICE)
Good points. Only time I've seen decent incentives was last fall one of the dealers near me had FOUR left over 1SS and really really good prices BUT that was because the dealer had their own incentives and price slashing. Hardly anything from GM.

Notice how Ford and Dodge typically has incentives on the Mustang GT and 392s. yet Chevy rarely offers good rebates on their cars. I was tempted last fall to get a base model GT with automatic. One was fresh off the truck and with Ford rebates would been under 35k. Probably 34k after talking them down.

Then all that Chevy dealers have on their lots is loaded up 2ss for 50k or a bloated LT1 pushing 43k, and then the Mustang with better viz, similar specs for thousands cheaper and more on the lot it's easy to see what's causing Chevy to lose.

You can get some good rebates and incentives on the 392 Challengers and Chargers.

I don't think ICE is a big issue because I see PLENTY of Chargers, Challengers, and Mustangs.

GM needs someone like Tim Allen running it!
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 08:39 PM   #32
s2mikey

Drives: Buick, Toyota
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaimer View Post
I would argue the aspect of the daily driver. I believe the majority share of the Camaro market/sales does not consist of those that sit in the garage as the toy/fun car. Sure, many of us on here have the fun car and another vehicle or two which receive the grunt of the daily grind…but we’re not in the majority. The sales numbers speak for themselves.

Mustang outsells the Camaro- you’re telling me there are that many mustangs sitting pretty in their stables? I don’t think so.
You might be right. I am assuming that enthusiasts are more of the Camaro buyer types and would likely have another daily driver. Of course, I could be dead wrong.
s2mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 08:39 PM   #33
donniedarko

Drives: 2021 LT1 A10 RS
I dont know about no factory incentives, I got into the LZ1 lease for 279$ on a LT1 and optioned up to 355$ Being the car my broker secured. Given things and if car is solid Ill buy it out.

Due to CV19 because I work at home Ive drive 1470 miles since I got it. April.

My ex and I had a 16 SS.

Ive never seen or expected it to be past what it is. -Muscle sports car; that happens to fit three surfboards through trunk, and my woman going to surf. As pragmatic as I need.

That same lease gets a pretty meek trim Colorado truck. I looked at Mopar, was way more. And they sound good, pull hard but to me drive like turkeys.

A Prius lease at the time was more. When my guy found the allocation I wanted, for the factory lease, it was a no brainer.

If these were available at all they wouldnt be available.

Things have changed now being in the market place but I feel like I landed a ridiculous deal.
donniedarko is offline   Reply With Quote