Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-22-2010, 09:08 PM   #15
kcamarom
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 CGM RS
This is what I thought of while reading this post.

Sorry I don't know how to put videos on here.
kcamarom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 09:11 PM   #16
wbt
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Challenger R/T;2011 Mustang GT
It is no better or worse than our 2010 Mustang GT.
wbt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 09:12 PM   #17
coolman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS View Post
Yes it is a really stupid commercial. Gosh, I hope no one would actually do that. I cringe every time I see those guys get hit. OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That ad makes me mad every time I see it. That guy would be eating that dipstick if he hit me with it.

To the op, I never had any problems yet with mine ,but I only ever pulled it twice so far.
coolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 07:12 AM   #18
tradosaurus
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 F150 Lariat, Candy Red
Drill holes in your dipstick to help you see the oil better.

Use another dipstick with holes to help with hole size.
tradosaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 07:15 AM   #19
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
mine only has 200 miles on it, so I have not looked at my dipstick yet.
Old 03-23-2010, 08:25 AM   #20
Bill Dillow

Drives: 2005 2500HD DuraMax, 2010 SS/RS Bla
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS View Post
Think with your dipstick Jimmy!
I love that commercial.
Bill Dillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 09:50 AM   #21
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dire Wolf View Post
What is up with Mr. Goodwrench?

When I bought my Camaro the sales guy kept going on and on about how great their Service Dept was and that theirs had been rated #1 in the country - blah blah blah. He said make sure you bring it here for all your oil changes because you can't trust those quick change places. So I brought my car in for the first oli change at 1500 miles (this was back in January). Now typically after I get any work done on my vehicles I always pop the hood and check things out but I figured hey this is an oil change at a dealership - what could be wrong so I drove off to do some errands.

At the third place I had to go I figured what the hey I'll pop the hood and have a look see...what did I see? NO FREAKING OIL CAP !!! I was pissed to say the least. I had been driving around for two hours with no oil cap. So I called the dealership and the guy kept saying "No way, no way". I'm like "Yes way" and I'm not driving my car with no oil cap you need to have someone bring me a cap. So the guy asked where I was and said he's sending one of his guys with a cap for me. Then as I hung up I noticed the oil cap sitting right there off to the side in the engine compartment. I called the guy back and told him and he said he would call his guy back and that If I bring the car back in they will change the oil again incase any dirt got in it.

So I bring it back and they change the oil again - after the "mechanic" was done and giving me my car back he apologizes and says "Yours was the first Camaro we had to do an oil change on and we didn't know how many qurats it took. FIrst we put in 5 then 6..." I interupted and told him the friggin car takes 8 quarts of oil. He said yeah 8 quarts.

Okay now this dealership is the biggest GM dealer in Colorado and I'm the first Camaro they changed the oil on? Even if it was how can they not know how much oil it takes? Don't they pull up the car in the computer and it has all the maintenance specs right there? ANd WTF does any of that have to do with fotgetting to put the oil cap back on!

Mr. Goodwrench MY ASS!
Your dealer is an idiot. Please don't blame all Mr. Goodwrench service departments on the incompetence of a dealer who clearly has spent too much time in the secluded mountains of Colorado.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 10:21 AM   #22
tradosaurus
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 F150 Lariat, Candy Red
Unless you are in a hurry why let someone else fool with your oil? At least they didn't forget the drain plug.
tradosaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 10:56 AM   #23
CamaroKen

Drives: 2010 SIM SS
It actually takes 8.9qts is why I put 9, but I guess 8 works too. And that dealer in Colorado is not the only dealership that did not know how many qts, mine did not either, and that is what I thought, it should come up on the computer with how many qts it takes, but I am guessing that since most cars take 6, that is what they think all cars do, which is why I remind them everytime I go in for the oil change.
CamaroKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 11:04 AM   #24
Bell040

Drives: 2SS/RS - Black - GFX
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroKen View Post
I know what you mean, I get my oil changed at the dealership and after the first one, I noticed on my bill that it only read 6qts, so I took it back and informed them that it takes 9qts, so they pull out the dipstick and even they couldn't read it, they had 3 guys try to see where the oil was on the stick, then they realized that they should add at least 1qt. Make sure if you have others change the oil that they know this, I remind the dealership everytime. One time, I reminded them about the 9qts, I overheard them talking about it, and they only had 6qts ready to put in my car, then the tech came back in and had to get 2 more qts.
... better yet,

Change your own oil !!! Noone else cares about your car the way that you do. You know there is a oil cooler, you know it takes 8 3/4 qts of oil, you won't leave the oil cap off, you will make sure that there it 1-1/4 turn on the oil filter (or whatever the filter directions say).

I used to work at a oil change place... I was 17 and didn't know much of anything about cars. Trust me, they dont really care about your car. Even if they did care a little, they dont care enough to read about it like you are doing right now.

and you will save some mula!
Built: 3-30-09 (#1691)
Recieved: 6-12-09

Blacked out, Cammed (Lunati Voodoo 233/245, .578/.598 @114°, +4°), ARH LTs, VR OTR CAI, Cutouts, and lots of other fun mods.
Bell040 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 01:52 PM   #25
DevilKnightFalcon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
Send a message via AIM to DevilKnightFalcon Send a message via Yahoo to DevilKnightFalcon
My dealership gave me free oil changes up to 50,000 miles so i've just been using them.

MBRP Catback/Magnaflow Resonated X/Airraid V2 CAI/Dash ABL/Interior LEDs/Custom Paint/Jet Coated American Racing LT Headers/High Flow cats/Trifecta Tune
DevilKnightFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 01:56 PM   #26
CamaroKen

Drives: 2010 SIM SS
doesn't cost anything if the dealership is giving the free oil changes
CamaroKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 02:20 PM   #27
hot_rod

Drives: 2010 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilKnightFalcon View Post
My dealership gave me free oil changes up to 50,000 miles so i've just been using them.
Hard to beat that price......
hot_rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 03:48 PM   #28
jputer

Drives: 2016 1LT Garnet Red
Typically, the guys that change the oil at the dealerships are not mechanics. All that they do all day is change the oil and check the fluid levels.

The Technicians are mechanics. The oil change guys/gals only do the basics.