Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 10-19-2012, 12:08 PM   #15
chozn4service

Drives: 2016 SS w/2SS A8 Blue Velvet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce@raymondsperformance View Post
Joe your car is looking good on those Pedders springs.
Thanks to you Bruce and should have the motor cover to you in a few days.
Old 10-19-2012, 12:13 PM   #16
Rob@WretchedMS

Drives: His Wife Crazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by chozn4service View Post
I'm so glad that I had some coversations with Pete on the Pedder springs. I ended up going to Raymond's, a local shop here in West Indy and they replaced my Eibachs with the Pedder's and man what a difference. I mean bumps that I went over and had familiarization with felt so much smoother and the car had a much better ride and feel over them. I even noticed that my ride height was different with the Pedder's in that my rear end seemed to be a little lower than with the Eibachs which gave a semi raked look. A look I didn't care for but now, now the car seems to be even front to rear.

I'm loving the look, feel and ride of it all. You pay for what you get and get what you pay for. This was a 100% upgrade and its not like I didn't want to go Pedder the first time around. I was trying to get them back in 2010 when Pete came to Bruce's (Raymond's) for a car show and he had a sale going on and they ran out of the springs, so this was a long time coming.

I was so disappointed in my Eibach that I posted on their pages on facebook of my displeasure with their springs coming out of perch and the ride that they ended up refunding me my full purchase price on the springs so I'm happy about that, the only thing I'm happy about with their springs.

I'm not badmouthing all their (Eibach) products but the ones I had and what they did or did not do for me.

Thanks Pete! Thanks Bruce!
Car Looks Great!
Rob@WretchedMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 12:15 PM   #17
Bruce@raymondsperformance

Drives: 2014 Z28 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
You can definitely tell your car was lowered. Just look at the pictures you provided. The wheel gap is reduced by quite a bit.
To bad the before measurement was not taken,then you would know the amount of drop.We have installed alot of the Pedders springs and they are normally 1.2"-1.4" drop from the OE hieght just like they say.
Bruce@raymondsperformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 12:24 PM   #18
chozn4service

Drives: 2016 SS w/2SS A8 Blue Velvet
Thanks Rob!
Here are a couple more shots. I mean the car just sits right on these Pedder's!
Attached Images

Old 10-19-2012, 06:48 PM   #19
jameslk55

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS, 2005 SLK55 AMG
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
My goal is that James is pleased with every detail of his 5th Gen which is his goal as well. Working together we'll accomplish exactly that.
Thanks Pete, I appreciate the customer service. I honestly believe something is not normal. A few clunks later, the front seems to have gone from a 3 finger gap to 2 finger gap. I'm not sure about the rear, maybe 2 tight fingers. I'm not sure how long the settling period is but the suspension noises continue. The stance from other members with these springs seems a little more aggressive-almost like a 1 finger gap. Even with the rear sub frame inserts and front radius rod bush inserts installed, I'm not sure I feel that orgasmic ride/handling that others have mentioned. I'm hoping it's something to do with the bush timing and/or spring installation.
jameslk55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 02:34 AM   #20
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Did u make sure they timed the bushings? Thats very important that its done right

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 12:19 PM   #21
jameslk55

Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
Did u make sure they timed the bushings? Thats very important that its done right
Yes, I printed and gave these instructions http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...24&postcount=1. I think some of the bushings were timed, not all-I'm not sure. I'm going to get the bushings re-timed and installation re-checked and give an update.
Old 10-30-2012, 01:06 AM   #22
jameslk55

Shop owner has been out of town so I won't be getting this fixed until Thursday. He did the installation himself and wanted to check it out himself. I appreciate that Pedders has been behind my back from day 1. I can't really say the same for T&T but I'll wait until Thursday to make a shop review.
Old 10-30-2012, 02:25 AM   #23
speedmon

Drives: C6 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameslk350 View Post
I'll do that tomorrow when there's more light. My amateur ride height measurement is 2 finger gap in the back and 3 finger gap in the front. I just took out the Camaro for a spin. Ride quality does seem to have suffered. Seems like I can feel every little bump in the road, even when the road seems smooth. Heard a muffled clunk as I went over small dip. Also thought I heard some pings and pops. The black thingies were installed on the rear springs.
I do the finger thing too.....mine is still stock height....I have three fingers in the back and the front. Your height looks stock......are your spring lowering springs? Mfgs are usually pretty close on those.
speedmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 03:01 AM   #24
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
James,

We are wall to wall with SEMA and then roll out of the SEMA lot to the OPTIMA. We will get you squared away.

On a side note...BIG NEWS for the Pedders Nation to be released tomorrow 9:00 Pacific Time. The only thing that could make today and tomorrow better would be to have Deb and my kids here with me in the morning.

As my good friend would say, it is good to be among the blessed.

I'll explain tomorrow, but there is a passing of the torch that will occur. My very good friend that has been so good to me is retiring. He
'll leave a hole that no one will ever fill. No one. Another friend is taking his place and will make his own mark, do things his own way and be incredibly successful. Both will be there when when Pedders USA moves to a new level within the industry.

All I can say is THANK YOU to the people closest to me that believed in me and my vision for Pedders USA. WOW! Really? I am very lucky man.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 03:01 AM   #25
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
James,

We are wall to wall with SEMA and then roll out of the SEMA lot to the OPTIMA. We will get you squared away.

On a side note...BIG NEWS for the Pedders Nation to be released tomorrow 9:00 Pacific Time. The only thing that could make today and tomorrow better would be to have Deb and my kids here with me in the morning.

I'll explain tomorrow, but there is a passing of the torch that will occur. My very good friend that has been so good to me is retiring. He
'll leave a hole that no one will ever fill. No one. Another friend is taking his place and will make his own mark, do things his own way and be incredibly successful. Both will be there when when Pedders USA moves to a new level within the industry.

All I can say is THANK YOU to the people closest to me that believed in me and my vision for Pedders USA. WOW! Really? I am very lucky man.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 11:30 AM   #26
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Quote:
James,

tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 03:23 PM   #27
Rob@WretchedMS

Drives: His Wife Crazy
I'll spoil Pete's party a little, lol

Rob@WretchedMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 11:14 PM   #28
jameslk55

Updated my original post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmon View Post
I do the finger thing too.....mine is still stock height....I have three fingers in the back and the front. Your height looks stock......are your spring lowering springs? Mfgs are usually pretty close on those.
They are Pedders lowering springs 220032 and 220033.

Quote:
James,

Thanks for your help. After getting the bushings re-timed and an alignment a second time, the ride height doesn't seem to have changed but the suspension noises are gone and the handling/ride quality seems to have improved. The weight was not on the car when the bolts/nuts were tightened. Does this matter?