Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 12-23-2013, 02:02 PM   #1
usmc-ashton

Drives: 2010 camaro v6 black, bbk intake
camaro speakers

im looking for some new spekers for my baby, i like the boston's but the back one is starting to rattle and same for the passanger side door , i want something a little better i guess you can say...which ones are good for the 2010 camaro, and which website can i find them at? thanks guys
usmc-ashton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 04:35 PM   #2
U8READY

Drives: 2010 ssm6
I'm running all Memphis with 10" sub n the trunk. Sounds awesome.
U8READY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 05:02 PM   #3
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
I've been running my Alpine Type-R's and they've been good to me. However, I replaced the stock BA amp with a JL xd400 and they sound even better
Old 12-23-2013, 05:55 PM   #4
My45thAnniversaryCamaro

Drives: 45th Anniversary
The BA system started rattling my car so badly WO any modifications to the sound system and I went to the dealer to see if they could do anything and they couldn't(I went to two dealers). So I went to a sound shop and they put in dynomat, I'm pretty sure it's called that but it wraps around the speaker getting rid of most the rattle. I added two JL 10s and that made everything a lot better.
My45thAnniversaryCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 12:55 AM   #5
SnowyCamaro

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1, 2006 Chevy Equinox
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwantone2 View Post
I've been running my Alpine Type-R's and they've been good to me. However, I replaced the stock BA amp with a JL xd400 and they sound even better
+1
Never had an issue with any alpine product. That's all I ever use now.

The boston speakers are decent. Not fantastic but not aweful, but really underpowered. Go to ********'s website and get the factory amp replacement kit. Amazing sound difference with a good amp. I've done it everything works like factory with an aftermarket amp. Also added 2 10s in the trunk. Changing speakers won't help rattle. Just pull the panels off and dynamat. Name brand dynamat is expensive. Just with a knock off. Works just as good. I used a company called "b-quiet sound deadening" cheap, works the same as dynamat for quarter the price.
Old 12-24-2013, 11:50 AM   #6
Camaroshark

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS RJT, 6speed
There's a lot of really good aftermarket speakers that fit just about any budget.

You can go crazy money for the latest and greatest, or you can go with a year or two ago's "latest and greatest" and save some money and still get really high quality speakers.

Polk, Alpine type R, JL c2 or c3, Fosgate, ... All good stuff and a marked improvement over the factory BA.

Replace the factory amp first and see what you like. The amp is the first, and biggest, impact....

I did it all in stages.

First I did the BA amp to the JL XD 400. Then the doors to JL C2 650 components and just this weeked the rears to JL c2-690 ... Sounds amazing.

The JL XD amps can also work fine on factory 2 ohm speakers... So you don't need to swap speakers right away.