Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 01-13-2012, 05:25 PM   #1
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
Question RIM ADVICE NEEDED.

Alright guys I need some help from you pros that know about the offsets on the rims that will fit on the 2011 SS camaros. I have been offered a good deal, so I am told on a set of 4 American Racing forged 1 piece aluminum polished GT5 rims with a chrome lip for 259 each. I was told that is about half of what they originally cost. I have seen the rims and they are sweet looking and would look great on my RJT SS. I need to know if the offsets are good for my car with the Brembos. The front rims are 20x8.5 with a plus 46 offset,, and the rears are 20x10 with a plus 48 offset. I would appreciate any advice and help from you guys and thanks in advance..

1JEWLDSSRS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 05:27 PM   #2
blazzin1

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS R6P
I can't say for sure, but i think those offsets are too high. Those sound more like Corvette offsets. But, then again, I'm not an expert at this!!! But those are definitely some sweet looking wheels, so get a couple more opinions...please!
blazzin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 05:34 PM   #3
1JEWLDSSRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazzin1 View Post
I can't say for sure, but i think those offsets are too high. Those sound more like Corvette offsets. But, then again, I'm not an expert at this!!! But those are definitely some sweet looking wheels, so get a couple more opinions...please!
Yea, that is what I was thinking, the owner of the shop is the one who offered them and he said they were corvette rims, but would also fit my camaro, and another guy I know there said they are camaro rims.So I am leary about them now, but they are sweet looking and that's why I am asking the camaro rim pros here for help..
Old 01-13-2012, 05:51 PM   #4
SUX2BU
Quit being a pu$$y

Drives: FAST
Rears are good, fronts probably won't fit. The outside of the wheels will sits 5 mm farther in that stock and the inside of the wheel sits 17 mm farther in than stock.
http://www.1010tires.com/wheeloffsetcalculator.asp

Just buy from out sponsors, they know exactly what fits.
SUX2BU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 05:58 PM   #5
GearHeadPeter
US Navy Vet

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS, 65 Mustang GT Fastback
I just bought a slightly used 20" rear rim and here is the info from the tire dealer:
Attached Images

3rd Camaro on this forum to have a Mylink installed. Installation by GEN5DIY, Heritage Grill, Lloyds Premium Ebony Camaro RS floor mats, Empire Billet Camaro Black sill plates, AAC: LED footwell & interior lighting, Rear Courtesy Lights, LED side markers/turn signals, Plasma P13W DRl bulbs, Formula 1 Pinnacle Series tint, Roto-Fab Yellow CAI & Fuse cover, Technostalgia Afterburner LED taillights, EmblemPros custom V6 hydrocoated carbon fiber/RY engine cover, Pfadt Sport sway bars, Ofer's Backup Camera, and full Brembo brake conversion.
GearHeadPeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 06:13 PM   #6
SUX2BU
Quit being a pu$$y

Drives: FAST
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadPeter View Post
I just bought a slightly used 20" rear rim and here is the info from the tire dealer:
LOL at the wrong bolt pattern in inches.
SUX2BU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 06:29 PM   #7
GearHeadPeter
US Navy Vet

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS, 65 Mustang GT Fastback
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUX2BU View Post
LOL at the wrong bolt pattern in inches.
I love how they put it in inches, but it is the right bolt pattern though.
3rd Camaro on this forum to have a Mylink installed. Installation by GEN5DIY, Heritage Grill, Lloyds Premium Ebony Camaro RS floor mats, Empire Billet Camaro Black sill plates, AAC: LED footwell & interior lighting, Rear Courtesy Lights, LED side markers/turn signals, Plasma P13W DRl bulbs, Formula 1 Pinnacle Series tint, Roto-Fab Yellow CAI & Fuse cover, Technostalgia Afterburner LED taillights, EmblemPros custom V6 hydrocoated carbon fiber/RY engine cover, Pfadt Sport sway bars, Ofer's Backup Camera, and full Brembo brake conversion.
GearHeadPeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 06:34 PM   #8
1JEWLDSSRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUX2BU View Post
Rears are good, fronts probably won't fit. The outside of the wheels will sits 5 mm farther in that stock and the inside of the wheel sits 17 mm farther in than stock.
http://www.1010tires.com/wheeloffsetcalculator.asp

Just buy from out sponsors, they know exactly what fits.
Thanks for the info SUX2BU, I'll probably end up doing that, buying from one of our sponsors if I can get something in my budget range. These looked great and the price was right so I thought I'd better check hre first before buying them..
Old 01-16-2012, 09:03 AM   #9
1JEWLDSSRS

Bump,,any more opinions on this??? Thanks..Guys..
Old 01-16-2012, 09:07 AM   #10
blazzin1

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS R6P
Are these rims "local"? Or is this an internet deal you found? If they're local, just tell the guy you want to try them on! Make that part of the deal....if they fit, great, you will agree to buy them. If they fit, it does sound like a very good price.
blazzin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 10:28 AM   #11
Nine Ball

Drives: 1969 & 2016 Camaro SS
Rear wheels will barely fit, but tuck in pretty far. Might not look that good. Front wheels are completely wrong, they also tuck in too far. Having such a shallow pad depth, those spokes might run right into the Brembo calipers.

Tony
Old 01-16-2012, 10:59 AM   #12
1JEWLDSSRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Ball View Post
Rear wheels will barely fit, but tuck in pretty far. Might not look that good. Front wheels are completely wrong, they also tuck in too far. Having such a shallow pad depth, those spokes might run right into the Brembo calipers.

Tony
Great Tony. Thanks for letting me know. I will have to see what is available on here. They were a local tire and rim dealer and they are an awesome looking rim, but if they won't fit, I won't be getting them..Thanks again guys..
Old 01-16-2012, 11:14 AM   #13
Speed Depot

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to Speed Depot
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1JEWLDSSRS View Post
Alright guys I need some help from you pros that know about the offsets on the rims that will fit on the 2011 SS camaros. I have been offered a good deal, so I am told on a set of 4 American Racing forged 1 piece aluminum polished GT5 rims with a chrome lip for 259 each. I was told that is about half of what they originally cost. I have seen the rims and they are sweet looking and would look great on my RJT SS. I need to know if the offsets are good for my car with the Brembos. The front rims are 20x8.5 with a plus 46 offset,, and the rears are 20x10 with a plus 48 offset. I would appreciate any advice and help from you guys and thanks in advance..

The rears seem OK but the front offset is a little high. Do the wheels have a lip? This will will also matter. What is the center bore on the wheels? What is the original fitment of the wheels?
Speed Depot is offline   Reply With Quote