Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 11-02-2012, 08:28 AM   #1
OviV

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS2
How much for brake job (2011 SS)?

2011 SS with 18K miles. Dealer says 3 mm left in front and 4 mm in back so I assume, yes, I need pads. They want $320 for front and $350 for back brake job. Seems high to me but this is the first time needing brakes on this car. What have some of you paid for this work?

Ovi
Old 11-02-2012, 08:34 AM   #2
CamaroBlue

Drives: IBM 2010 Camaro SS
Not sure what they're gonna do but I just got a promotional deal for $74.99 per axle at a Chevy dealership. It only includes new pads though. Not matter what they include that is way to much for a brake job. Also if you're at all mechanically inclined they are not hard to change yourself. I used a DIY here on C5
CamaroBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:33 AM   #3
DJ_BigC
Rockin' Steady

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
That's not expensive at all considering that the pads your getting are the OEM Brembo pads, ACDelco doesn't make a cheaper version of the OEM's last I checked, and your most likely getting a brake service done at the same time too. If I'm not wrong, 3mm front and 4mm rear is like 75% worn in front and like 60% worn in the rear, you have plenty of pad left.

The price they gave you is basically for the pads alone, last I checked, retail those pads are around that price for each set, theres hardly any labour, because the labour OP to change those pads is like 0.4 or 0.6 or something so it's under 1hrs labour total or just over. You can probably get cheaper pads in the aftermarket business but if your an OEM guy, that pretty much what it will cost you unless you so it yourself.

The whole 74.99 promotion is for reg basic cars, with generic pads and I don't even think rotors is part of that deal, and I think it's something we're the price starts at 74.99. I'm pretty sure if a guy in a z06 or an SS camaro walks in for a brake job he's not gonna get charged 150$ for a complete brake job when pads alone for either car is like 300 ish$ a set.
DJ_BigC is offline   Reply With Quote