Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 01-15-2015, 03:06 PM   #155
gen6waiter

Drives: Toyota Taco. 2010 SS-Sold :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by NASTY99Z28 View Post
If it comes off one sided that because it is but not because I'm a fan boy but because gm has been busy building an all around car and not a straight line killer. And you are correct dodge and Ford have stepped up big time but it seems like they are willing to always go a little further then gm. With the mustang now haveing mag ride AND irs the best all around crown may be much harder for gm to hold onto. Ford has had the power and weight advantage but lacked in suspension and ride (irs&mag ride). Now that they have the same goodies with less weight a high revving one off engine and will cost less that's a HUGE WIN for Ford. Like I said before I'm a gm guy at heart and always will be but I enjoy all cars even Honda's so I'm not even close to being a fan boy I just call it how I see it. Or as some would say how my tarot cards read.
I have faith GM already has something in the works....gonna take it to another level.
Old 01-15-2015, 03:11 PM   #156
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87GNX View Post
The one feature I like about the 15 mustang is the rear, the rest of it doesnt get me excited. Hopefully the 2016 camaro looks the part or the 2014 GT500 is going to be my next car, problem is finding one cheap!
Agree! Except I like everything about the GT350 not the GT350R!
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 03:15 PM   #157
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodside783 View Post
I bet it will to

Wonder what bugs will show up in the engine the first year. Love the car, and that it is n/a. I just don't know if chevy will make another n/a 500+ engine. Time will tell with both cars
Yup ! The Z/28 is to thank for this !
Old 01-15-2015, 03:28 PM   #158
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:
If it comes off one sided that because it is but not because I'm a fan boy but because gm has been busy building an all around car and not a straight line killer. And you are correct dodge and Ford have stepped up big time but it seems like they are willing to always go a little further then gm. With the mustang now haveing mag ride AND irs the best all around crown may be much harder for gm to hold onto. Ford has had the power and weight advantage but lacked in suspension and ride (irs&mag ride). Now that they have the same goodies with less weight a high revving one off engine and will cost less that's a HUGE WIN for Ford. Like I said before I'm a gm guy at heart and always will be but I enjoy all cars even Honda's so I'm not even close to being a fan boy I just call it how I see it. Or as some would say how my tarot cards read.
I think GM went farther with the 5th Gen than Ford and Dodge though! The ZL1 is having everyone take it's brilliance From it ! The 1LE wasn't even thought of and Chevy made it a car that is giving alot of track ppl what they been wanting. And GM flex their muscle with the all out Z/28! Now GM is the one that is offering the best, and Ford and Dodge is coming up with the answers for GM Brilliance!
Old 01-15-2015, 03:42 PM   #159
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q'smuscle View Post
I think GM went farther with the 5th Gen than Ford and Dodge though! The ZL1 is having everyone take it's brilliance From it ! The 1LE wasn't even thought of and Chevy made it a car that is giving alot of track ppl what they been wanting. And GM flex their muscle with the all out Z/28! Now GM is the one that is offering the best, and Ford and Dodge is coming up with the answers for GM Brilliance!
Not completely accurate...

Ford introduced the retro S197 Mustang in the fall of 2004 and brought in a wave of retro craze.

Dodge dropped a bombshell at the 2006 NAIAS in Detroit with the Challenger concept, which in large part I think helped put boot to butt with GM to get the Camaro back.

Ford continuously upgraded the GT500 during it's life, so in reality GM was playing catch up with the ZL1 and had a solid 4 years to watch Ford's ups and downs with the GT500.

Ford reintroduced the Boss to compete with the M3 in SCCA racing and brought the Boss back for the 2012 MY. GM then reintroduced the 1LE in 2013 as a response and while making a car that was more track capable, was less street livable.

GM was going to call the ZL1 the Z28, and in fact a lot of early ZL1 parts had "Z28" stamped on them. The public outcry forced GM's hand to rename it the ZL1 and scramble to produce a proper Z/28.

It's a big back and forth game, with one company leading the way in one area, the others playing catch up..then the tide turning in another way. Saying GM has been leading all along and the others playing catch up isn't honest.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 04:17 PM   #160
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post

Ford introduced the retro S197 Mustang in the fall of 2004 and brought in a wave of retro craze.

Dodge dropped a bombshell at the 2006 NAIAS in Detroit with the Challenger concept, which in large part I think helped put boot to butt with GM to get the Camaro back.

Ford continuously upgraded the GT500 during it's life, so in reality GM was playing catch up with the ZL1 and had a solid 4 years to watch Ford's ups and downs with the GT500.

Ford reintroduced the Boss to compete with the M3 in SCCA racing and brought the Boss back for the 2012 MY. GM then reintroduced the 1LE in 2013 as a response and while making a car that was more track capable, was less street livable.

GM was going to call the ZL1 the Z28, and in fact a lot of early ZL1 parts had "Z28" stamped on them. The public outcry forced GM's hand to rename it the ZL1 and scramble to produce a proper Z/28.

It's a big back and forth game, with one company leading the way in one area, the others playing catch up..then the tide turning in another way. Saying GM has been leading all along and the others playing catch up isn't honest.

Oh , I agree! But what I was saying is that GM is leading everyone to the track because of there great track cars! So now Ford and Dodge is following suite! Everyone knows it's a back and forth and that Ford started the retro theme! Everyone did what Ford did with the retro and now everyone is doing what GM did with the track!
Old 01-15-2015, 05:07 PM   #161
DDoug

Drives: '13 Inferno Orange ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post

Point of fact, the Challenger and Camaro concepts were both revealed at the 2006 NAIAS.
Old 01-15-2015, 05:17 PM   #162
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDoug View Post
Point of fact, the Challenger and Camaro concepts were both revealed at the 2006 NAIAS.

That's very very true, I thought I remembered it as 2007.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 06:33 PM   #163
NASTY99Z28

Drives: 99z28 with bolt-ons and a mwc fab 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by gen6waiter View Post
I have faith GM already has something in the works....gonna take it to another level.
As in a high caliber camaro or vette? Vette wouldn't surprise me but camaro wise would really make me happy.
Quote:
No doubt Chevy did an amazing job with the 5th gen for how heavy it is EXCEPT for straight line power. I know they went with better handling and a more complete package but they could have kept the 1le and z28 for track days and made the zl1 the power monster the gt500 and hellcats are. No need to have 3 cars that serve roughly the same purpose. (Track cars)

Remember Ford now has everything thing gm does suspension and tire wise so now the power to weight ratio will be a strong factor. And don't forget about an engine more adapt to track days. I truly hope gm drops a bomb on everyone but I think prefer to play it safe.
Old 01-15-2015, 06:48 PM   #164
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:
As in a high caliber camaro or vette? Vette wouldn't surprise me but camaro wise would really make me happy.

No doubt Chevy did an amazing job with the 5th gen for how heavy it is EXCEPT for straight line power. I know they went with better handling and a more complete package but they could have kept the 1le and z28 for track days and made the zl1 the power monster the gt500 and hellcats are. No need to have 3 cars that serve roughly the same purpose. (Track cars)

Remember Ford now has everything thing gm does suspension and tire wise so now the power to weight ratio will be a strong factor. And don't forget about an engine more adapt to track days. I truly hope gm drops a bomb on everyone but I think prefer to play it safe.
Yea, three track cars does sound crazy by one automaker! And GM started it , just like Ford started the retro theme but GM took it farther! And now Ford is taking the GM track focus even farther!So hopefully GM will focus on Straight line!
Old 01-15-2015, 07:12 PM   #165
NASTY99Z28

Quote:
Yea, three track cars does sound crazy by one automaker! And GM started it , just like Ford started the retro theme but GM took it farther! And now Ford is taking the GM track focus even farther!So hopefully GM will focus on Straight line!
Agreed. We all know buyers want more from a car then just acceleration but let's face it that's the biggest way a car is measured by EVERYONE. Until Chevy drops the 1.7 blower they won't stand a chance.
Old 01-15-2015, 07:26 PM   #166
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:
Agreed. We all know buyers want more from a car then just acceleration but let's face it that's the biggest way a car is measured by EVERYONE. Until Chevy drops the 1.7 blower they won't stand a chance.
Yea, GM should've did one with just straight line only in mind! But no matter what the 6th Gen do in a straight line I'm keeping my 5th Gen beauty!
Old 01-15-2015, 09:13 PM   #167
1QwikZ28

Drives: 1999 Camaro Z28
Quote:
GM did NOT start the "track" car movement with the "pony" cars...
1QwikZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 10:15 PM   #168
NASTY99Z28

Quote:
Yea, GM should've did one with just straight line only in mind! But no matter what the 6th Gen do in a straight line I'm keeping my 5th Gen beauty!
Don't blame you at all. Hopefully when I pick up a 5th gen I can still keep my 99. I love my car but for a daily it's noisy. Cammed, bullet mufflers and all solid end link adjustable suspension gets loud. You hear everything. Plus with a 6speed and 4.11's its to easy to wanna act stupid all the time.