Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 09-03-2021, 10:29 AM   #1
Fak_Ork

Drives: Silverado RST 21, 3.0, Crew, Z71
Banner year for Camaro- 2022

What if:

The current popularity doesn't abate but strengthens, sales significantly increase over 21 and prior years as pandemic-locked drivers rediscover the joy of something that can be done at a safe distance from others.

People start realizing how much fun sports cars with ICE's are- of which the Camaro SS- and other versions- are splendid, even glorious examples.

GM continues to electrify but also realizes that pure ICE has a 20-30+ year future as 50 percent all-electric penetration is about 15 years away in reality. Given this, GM recommits to a C7 Camaro which incrementally increases dynamics but addresses packaging limitations and prepares to release another bombshell that has BMW, Mercedes and Ford preparing for a real monster.

Stranger things have happened
Fak_Ork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 10:33 AM   #2
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Sure
Old 09-03-2021, 10:39 AM   #3
zaimer

Drives: 23 ZL1 6speed
Great thoughts, but I doubt it would ever happen. The same issues are still prevalent.

-the true sports/muscle car, passionate, customer market is the minority
-the Camaro is not AS practical as its competitors
-GM barely promotes Camaro sales, if at all
-GM continues to offer no incentives to move the Camaro inventory through the dealerships
-government & a fair part of society continue to push eco-options (a sour truth to large ICE)
zaimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 10:49 AM   #4
Modernmusclecar

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Youre in year 5 of production....The 6th gen is not going to get anymore desirable to the public.
EPS CUSTOM GRIND CAM....K@N CAI....VMAX PTB.....FRANKENSTEIN STAGE 2 HEADS ...1 7/8 STAINLESS POWER CATTED LONGTUBE HEADERS...CORSA XTREME 3 INCH CATBACK.....CIRCLE D 3800 Pro Series stall...391 gears.....Ported/modded GPI intake .Forgestar drag pack with Mickey Thompson ET street drag radials AGP PERFORMANCE DYNO TUNED. 463 WHP 428 FTLBS TORQUE.
Modernmusclecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 10:52 AM   #5
10mm
Account Suspended

Drives: My wife nuts...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modernmusclecar View Post
Youre in year 5 of production....The 6th gen is not going to get anymore desirable to the public.

Right here

'23 is the swan song
10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 11:02 AM   #6

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fak_Ork View Post
What if:

The current popularity doesn't abate but strengthens, sales significantly increase over 21 and prior years as pandemic-locked drivers rediscover the joy of something that can be done at a safe distance from others.

People start realizing how much fun sports cars with ICE's are- of which the Camaro SS- and other versions- are splendid, even glorious examples.

GM continues to electrify but also realizes that pure ICE has a 20-30+ year future as 50 percent all-electric penetration is about 15 years away in reality. Given this, GM recommits to a C7 Camaro which incrementally increases dynamics but addresses packaging limitations and prepares to release another bombshell that has BMW, Mercedes and Ford preparing for a real monster.

Stranger things have happened
I love your enthusiasm but with the auto-makers themselves announcing future death plans for all ICE vehicles, the odds of what you suggest seem very unlikely.

I would suggest anyone who wants an affordable ICE vehicle for whatever reason should get one as soon as possible. The 22 Camaro sales numbers may post-pone the ICE Camaro's demise for a few years. Any spurt of latent enthusiasm or a desire keep ICE is likely seeing any spike in demand, if there is one, going on already. Get one while you can as soon as you can. The end could come more suddenly than expected.

It's deja-vu all over again. Once hp and performance reach their peak, they suddenly disappear, just like in the early '70s.

Corvettes may survive as ICE a while longer, but any that stay around will likely become very pricey.
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 11:06 AM   #7
Fak_Ork

Drives: Silverado RST 21, 3.0, Crew, Z71
You all may be correct but ICE's will be around for quite some time. The Camaro SS delivers performance that looks to be on par with the CT4V Blackwing for about 22k less and they have the Alpha 2 just sitting there, plus the gearing and AFM allow a MPG figure that is quite stout.

We'll see if cars like the S3/4, C43AMG keep getting updated. We know that the M2/M240 is brand new and Audi is releasing an updated RS3.

I think GM is giving up too easily and too early but I might be wrong and the sunset may just happen in a depressing anticlimax

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
. Get one while you can as soon as you can. The end could come more suddenly than expected.

Yes, the time is ripe, looks like we're pretty safe for 22 and 23 can always just go order one up and it doesn't need much discount to be a good value.
Fak_Ork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 11:18 AM   #8
zaimer

Drives: 23 ZL1 6speed
Quote:
You all may be correct but ICE's will be around for quite some time. The Camaro SS delivers performance that looks to be on par with the CT4V Blackwing for about 22k less and they have the Alpha 2 just sitting there, plus the gearing and AFM allow a MPG figure that is quite stout.

We'll see if cars like the S3/4, C43AMG keep getting updated. We know that the M2/M240 is brand new and Audi is releasing an updated RS3.

I think GM is giving up too easily and too early but I might be wrong and the sunset may just happen in a depressing anticlimax

Yes, the time is ripe, looks like we're pretty safe for 22 and 23 can always just go order one up and it doesn't need much discount to be a good value.
And the point is...? The CT4V is a SEDAN, with a very usable trunk. I'm not sure why that is being compared to a coupe with laughable passenger & cargo space, at best.
zaimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 11:30 AM   #9
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Drives: A Tricked Out Mountain Bike
Old 09-03-2021, 12:02 PM   #10
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:

Audi came out today and said this is their ICE swan song. Best ever, but the end of the line.

GM has said ICEs will be around for some time. But 2030 is that long time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaimer View Post
And the point is...? The CT4V is a SEDAN, with a very usable trunk. I'm not sure why that is being compared to a coupe with laughable passenger & cargo space, at best.
So i can get a sedan which has a decent trunk and "some" rear seat space with performance on par with the Camaro that is a Cadillac for only $22,000 more? Deal.
Old 09-03-2021, 12:03 PM   #11
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:

Sadly, GM is running away from ICE.

Don't just own a Camaro, drive the wheels off of it while you can. You can always buy another used once they become novelties. Just like what happened in the 70s when performance crashed
Quote:
Blackwings Are the Last Gas-Powered V-Series Cadillacs. Should We Mourn?
GM says the new CT4-V and CT5-V Blackwings will be the last V-cars powered by internal combustion. Let's take a moment to reflect.

The new 2022 Cadillac CT4-V and CT5-V Blackwings look unequivocally excellent. With 472 horsepower (the twin-turbo V-6 CT4) or 668 horsepower (the 6.2-liter supercharged V-8 CT5), both of these cars will deliver sub-four-second runs to 60 mph and riotous fun on a racetrack. GM even came through with six-speed manual transmissions for both. So why was this debut also a little bit bittersweet? Because Cadillac concurrently announced that these will be the last internal-combustion V-cars.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a3...-gas-v-series/

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 12:40 PM   #12
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
and in other breaking news,joe biden announces that the end of the war in afghanistan was an outstanding success...
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 12:47 PM   #13
m6-lt1

Drives: 2023 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
Don't just own a Camaro, drive the wheels off of it while you can.
I seriously need to take this advice. I’ve become a little ocd about keeping my camaro nice. Although I do need to keep it nicer because I will eventually be trading for a used ZL1 4-5 years from now. That doesn’t mean I should be keeping the miles as low as I have been. I feel like one day I’m going to remember owning this car and regretting not driving it more
m6-lt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 12:54 PM   #14
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by m6-lt1 View Post
I seriously need to take this advice. I’ve become a little ocd about keeping my camaro nice. Although I do need to keep it nicer because I will eventually be trading for a used ZL1 4-5 years from now. That doesn’t mean I should be keeping the miles as low as I have been. I feel like one day I’m going to remember owning this car and regretting not driving it more
If it helps you feel better about driving the snot out of it now, keep in mind that the current owner of the eventually new-to-you ZL1 is doing exactly that right now. And there’s nothing you can do about it.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote