Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 01-23-2009, 08:24 PM   #1
kalel

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE
What should I do? I could be number 2!

I just got back from my dealer. He had 27 deposits at one point (one guy gave him 4000 dollars 2 years ago but is holding out for the first four Z28s). When I told the dealer it could be a long wait, he smiled and said the guy claims to "know something."

Most of the deposit holders are holding out until they can see the car and sit in it. He has given back almost ten deposits because guys have gotten impatient and purchased something else (a couple corvettes, a mustang, and a few walk-aways).

Many guys have come in to actually order, but as he goes through the options with them they tell him to wait until they can see the colors, see how the stripes look, and how the interior has turned out.

Only one guy actually has an order in the system.

He told me that if I order now, I am number 2 to go in the system and number two to get my car (not counting the v6 that they will get early on). I guess by actually putting the order through, I jump ahead of some other wishy-washy deposits.

Should I do it? I was planning on waiting until I had definitive answers about ABL, GM points, CGM photos, etc.

He is selling for MSRP and seemed very straight forward. I have purchased cars off of the lot from them before a few times and they have been good to me.

Someone just nudge me a little bit!
kalel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 08:27 PM   #2
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Drives: 2017 ZL1 NGM A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalel View Post
...Should I do it? I was planning on waiting until I had definitive answers about ABL, GM points, CGM photos, etc.
Would knowing something definitive on these items make or break it for you? If not, then order and be done with it.
Inspector 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 08:29 PM   #3
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
make sure your deposit is fully refundable (in writing) then do it. but you still have to deal with the allocation wait whenever he actually gets the ordered cars in
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 08:42 PM   #4
ZYAL8R

Drives: 2010 SS/RS
Being #2 is probably a very rare thing right now. You might want to ask the dealer if their allotment allows for what you want right now. Being #2 might not be a good thing if they have an allotment for one 2SS and you want one and it's already taken by the first person who ordered.

But if the model you want hasn't been taken, then by all means, rock-on and put that order in

84' Chevy S-10
91' Chevy S-10 Ext. Cab
90' GMC Sierra Reg. Cab 350 V8
2003 GMC Sierra HD 4x4 Crew 6.0
2005 GMC Yukon 5.3
2008 GMC Ext. Cab 4x4 5.3
2008 GMC Yukon SLT 5.3
This truck man is about to go for something a little more sporty.
ZYAL8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 08:51 PM   #5
kalel

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZYAL8R View Post
Being #2 is probably a very rare thing right now. You might want to ask the dealer if their allotment allows for what you want right now. Being #2 might not be a good thing if they have an allotment for one 2SS and you want one and it's already taken by the first person who ordered.

But if the model you want hasn't been taken, then by all means, rock-on and put that order in
I got an emergency call (on call tonight) and had to run out before I could ask them their allotment for sure, but earlier in the conversation he said that they got two ZR1s. They sell a lot of other corvettes also so I am pretty sure I would be getting an early car.
kalel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 08:55 PM   #6
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:

You do know what the EVS guys said about dealers only being allotted a certain amount of SS cars was complete BS and isn't true.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 09:35 PM   #7
BLACK SUNSHINE

Drives: 68 Firebird
So were dealers allotted a given number of SS's and V6's? Or were they just allotted a total numbe of cars?
1100 = Preliminary Order: 2/26/09 ..............................3800 = Produced: 6/29 VIN: 2G1FC1EV9A9122433
2000 = Accepted By GM: 5/19/09 ...............................4000 = Available to Ship: 7/1/09
3000 = Accepted By Production Control: ? ..........4200 = Shipped: 7/03/09
3300 = Scheduled For Production:6/6/09.......................5000 = Delivered To Dealer: 7/14/09
3400 = Broadcast:6/16/09............................... 6000 = Delivered To Customer: 7/15/09
BLACK SUNSHINE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 09:46 PM   #8
ZYAL8R

Drives: 2010 SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post

You do know what the EVS guys said about dealers only being allotted a certain amount of SS cars was complete BS and isn't true.
No I didn't know that. I wouldn't dispute the facts.

However, my dealer may be mis-informed too. He says the owner of the dealership told him they couldn't order another 2SS b/c for now they were only going to receive one and only two V6's. At any rate, I hope that it's not true. I'm happy though to report that I was the 1st to order the 2SS there, so even if it is true, I'm in like Flynn!

84' Chevy S-10
91' Chevy S-10 Ext. Cab
90' GMC Sierra Reg. Cab 350 V8
2003 GMC Sierra HD 4x4 Crew 6.0
2005 GMC Yukon 5.3
2008 GMC Ext. Cab 4x4 5.3
2008 GMC Yukon SLT 5.3
This truck man is about to go for something a little more sporty.
ZYAL8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 10:35 PM   #9
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Just order the damn Camaro. You won't be sorry and you know it.
Old 01-23-2009, 10:52 PM   #10
chewy4ce
Banned

Drives: 1977 Pontiac Trans Am/ 455
Well...if you want to see CGM...check out a vette with it...and is ABL really gonna break the deal...personally...i hope its not in the car...i dont want to stand out like some punk with a laser light show in the car. And discounts will be offered from day 1...just get the car man
chewy4ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 08:57 AM   #11
Mr_Draco

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK SUNSHINE View Post
So were dealers allotted a given number of SS's and V6's? Or were they just allotted a total numbe of cars?
Just a total number of cars. A dealer could have an allotment of 20 cars and 19 be for a 2SS, all the 2SS will be built.
Old 01-24-2009, 09:01 AM   #12
Mr_Draco

Quote:
No I didn't know that. I wouldn't dispute the facts.

However, my dealer may be mis-informed too. He says the owner of the dealership told him they couldn't order another 2SS b/c for now they were only going to receive one and only two V6's. At any rate, I hope that it's not true. I'm happy though to report that I was the 1st to order the 2SS there, so even if it is true, I'm in like Flynn!
Well considering that numerous other people and even Scott (Fbodfather) had to call them out and tell them to stop spreading lies and misinformation, I wouldn't believe anything you ever read from them.
Old 01-24-2009, 09:27 AM   #13
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Well considering that numerous other people and even Scott (Fbodfather) had to call them out and tell them to stop spreading lies and misinformation, I wouldn't believe anything you ever read from them.
While I agree that they were, in the end, spewing some BAD information, I have a hard time believing they did it on purpose or that anything they say from now on is crap. Think of ALL the misinformation that was flowing through this board instantly when they announced the delay. Keep in mind they are a dealer and will err on the side of caution- ie not getting everyone's hopes up. They did apologize when called out.

To the OP:
As far as being #2, you haven't ordered yet ?
trm0002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 11:22 AM   #14
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Just a total number of cars. A dealer could have an allotment of 20 cars and 19 be for a 2SS, all the 2SS will be built.Well considering that numerous other people and even Scott (Fbodfather) had to call them out and tell them to stop spreading lies and misinformation, I wouldn't believe anything you ever read from them.

GM ...shoot, SCOTT has said all along that they don't want to piss off the enthusiasts and that ALL orders, whether it be SS or LT, WILL be built by October (barring any unforseen circumstances beyond GM's control).

Dude...don't worry about that. Misinformation is so easy to come by when people see something and then speculated till no end on what THEY think it means. It's sad to see how detrimental the spreading of false info can be to a market. How many people pulled their orders due to them??? If I were GM, a "sorry" sure as HELL wouldn't cut it for me. ...and those are MY feelings on the situation. >..and I have every right to be a little miffed since we still see people getting this info wrong every day.

....OP

Go back to the dealer. You never mentioned how many allocations he has. If only two ordered...(or one) and there are 15 allocations..>DUDE....you have NO problem w/ a wait! (unless you get something that has constraints on it, like white). I'd put down some cash (if they demand it) but make sure that the deposit is 100% refundable. AND, I'd make sure they entered the order in the computer system. Then, have them print up the workbench info "for your records on the Camaro."

Go for it. I don't know why the others didn't enter their orders....you might wanna check w/ the sales manager to make sure the guy isn't pulling your leg. Sounds weird that they would take all those deposits but not place orders. Find that out first.

Good luck and let us know what happens!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote