Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2012, 10:13 PM   #15
Brettzel

Drives: #null
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Why pointless? It seems to work for most people. Because most people still think that a V6 is like they were 20 years ago. They hear V6 and automatically think low HP and Slow.
Like I said, "I think", totally my opinion, it is alright to disagree. Any true car guy knows where v6s are today btw. I still find it pointless.
Old 08-22-2012, 10:20 PM   #16
Chevrole+

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brettzel View Post
Like I said, "I think", totally my opinion, it is alright to disagree. Any true car guy knows where v6s are today btw. I still find it pointless.
Most true car guys, respect the cars for what they are also, there were tons of motor options back in the day, and trans options. V6 or not. It's still a Camaro, no one would know if nobody told. People still ask me all the time. Usually compliment first. I still always feel the need to explain it though. lol They are impressive, No Doubt!
Old 08-22-2012, 10:31 PM   #17
awfarley

Drives: 2011 5.7L Tundra Double-Cab X-SP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrole+ View Post
Most true car guys, respect the cars for what they are also, there were tons of motor options back in the day, and trans options. V6 or not. It's still a Camaro, no one would know if nobody told. People still ask me all the time. Usually compliment first. I still always feel the need to explain it though. lol They are impressive, No Doubt!
My wifes step-father had me pop the hood when he first rode in it with me. He's not a huge gear head but he couldn't believe my V6 pulled like it did.
Old 08-22-2012, 10:36 PM   #18
theragtopguy
Lifetime Philly Fan

Drives: 2015 Spring Edition 2SS M-6
I really don't give a damn what other people think about my V6. I had 8 cylinder engines that were a lot less powerful than this 323 horse puppy. I love bangin' my gears and smile from ear to ear......the hell with everybody else, let 'em drive their Jap junk with fart cans........
Tune by DynoSteve via SCTx4 Tuner

One of 82 GF Ragtops built in '15 out of 811 Total

[/SIZE]

Old 08-22-2012, 10:36 PM   #19
Chevrole+

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
Love it.
Old 08-22-2012, 11:09 PM   #20
Fiveg56

Drives: -
Quote:
I usually say yeah a V6 with 323HP and is capable of a top speed of 150mph... That usually shuts them up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brettzel View Post
Not trying to put down v6 owners. You still own sweet cars, I just think that trying to shut someone up by sayong 323 hp good for 150mph is kind of pointless.
Quote:
Why pointless? It seems to work for most people. Because most people still think that a V6 is like they were 20 years ago. They hear V6 and automatically think low HP and Slow.
Top speed of the 1LT non-R/S is more like 118mph....not that it matters...because who really goes that fast???
Old 08-22-2012, 11:12 PM   #21
AdamEL
Adam E. Lucchesi

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS LS3 VR
Send a message via AIM to AdamEL
I've had two people say crap to me about having a V6. One said, "You didn't buy a real Camaro". And that guy doesn't even have a running vehicle, strangely enough. The other guy said, "I saw that you got a Camaro on Facebook, but then I got disappointed when I saw it was just a V6". He also doesn't currently have a vehicle to his name. Neither of them have ridden in my car, and neither of them will. Bridges have officially been burned.

I LOVE my 1LT RS, and if I felt it the V8 engine was what I needed, I would have sprung for it. This is my daily driver, and I needed it to get decent gas mileage. And I'm not street racing anyone. It's just fun to go FAST every now and then!

Haters are all just jealous. I don't hate on anybody for what they drive. If you wanted a Prius, that's fine, because you probably like your Prius. If you want a Camaro, that's great, too.... Although the Camaro is obviously a WAY better choice here.

Just my two cents worth.
Old 08-22-2012, 11:15 PM   #22
Fiveg56

Drives: -
...also, yes I do get put down for having the V6, but I can't responsibly afford an SS. One of my best friends has an SS ('13 Vert) and I absolutely love it. I enjoy my car too…it’s powerful and fun to throw into the corners…but it’s no V8.

Another guy I know has a ZL1…he made fun of my V6…oh well…that’s life.
Old 08-22-2012, 11:32 PM   #23
jayscamaro
Banned

Drives: 2012 camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakingBad View Post
just lift weights. have not received 1 negative comment about my car, and it's the 6cyl. i'd love the 8, but it wasn't in the cards...at the moment

seriously, look like you can f*ck someone up and nobody will tell you your car sucks.
Lol not really bro in NYC if you look like the rock or you look like toothpick , anybody what tell you how they feel lol
Old 08-22-2012, 11:35 PM   #24
jayscamaro
Banned

Drives: 2012 camaro 1LT
Btw I a guy pulled up to me in a camry today and asked me if I was a 6 or 8 , he said I had the LT rims but the car sounded like a v8 with my mrt and CAI. And I told him I it was a 6, he said it looks great and sounds great so idc what much people thinks, once you like the car bro ats all that matters.
Old 08-23-2012, 01:32 AM   #25
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExCrystal View Post
Has anyone ever put you down for having the "crappy camaro"? A friend of my best friend said that I have the "crappy one" implying the 6 cylinder camaro.

I know it's probably just some loser that said it who doesn't have a camaro, but it kinda hurt a little. I love my v6 - it's enough for me. I went with the v6 cause of the fuel economy and cheaper price.

I don't know, maybe I'm just letting it get to me more than I should? Maybe they're just jealous?
Whenever someone says stupid shit like that, just remember how the car makes you feel when your inside it and that big ass sh*t eatin' grin you get and just SMILE They just don't understand. If they say it right in front of you, just look at them with that big smile and a little chuckle and then they'll just stop and wonder..."Uh..maybe I don't know what I'm talkin' about, Uh, sorry dude!"

Old 08-23-2012, 01:40 AM   #26
mntgome1

Drives: 2012 AGM 2SS/RS
Ask him what his girl thinks about your Camaro....
Old 08-23-2012, 01:43 AM   #27
Brutal SS

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS 1LE
YOUR CAR KICKS ASS! You have a brand new, 45th Edition, that is faster than many older V8s! Hold your head high and be proud, just like all of your critics would be if they were you!
Old 08-23-2012, 03:08 AM   #28
ExCrystal

Drives: 2017 2SS NGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theragtopguy View Post
I really don't give a damn what other people think about my V6. I had 8 cylinder engines that were a lot less powerful than this 323 horse puppy. I love bangin' my gears and smile from ear to ear......the hell with everybody else, let 'em drive their Jap junk with fart cans........
This I agree with completely. My father owns a 2008 Impala SS and is 303 HP stock. Of course the camaro is faster, but the Impala pulls a tad faster I think...maybe it has something to do with being a 4 speed vs a 6 speed tranny?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mntgome1 View Post
Ask him what his girl thinks about your Camaro....
My best friend's girlfriend loves my car :P He, she and our other friend were the first people to ride in it on a Panera lunch date XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamEL View Post
I've had two people say crap to me about having a V6. One said, "You didn't buy a real Camaro". And that guy doesn't even have a running vehicle, strangely enough. The other guy said, "I saw that you got a Camaro on Facebook, but then I got disappointed when I saw it was just a V6". He also doesn't currently have a vehicle to his name. Neither of them have ridden in my car, and neither of them will. Bridges have officially been burned.

I LOVE my 1LT RS, and if I felt it the V8 engine was what I needed, I would have sprung for it. This is my daily driver, and I needed it to get decent gas mileage. And I'm not street racing anyone. It's just fun to go FAST every now and then!

Haters are all just jealous. I don't hate on anybody for what they drive. If you wanted a Prius, that's fine, because you probably like your Prius. If you want a Camaro, that's great, too.... Although the Camaro is obviously a WAY better choice here.

Just my two cents worth.
Exactly. Thanks everyone for your input! I wasn't terribly distraught over the whole thing. I would like to know who actually made the comment as I don't even know did. I'd like to see if they have a decent car, or a car at all . A Camaro is a Camaro in my view. The only differences I see are the engine and the person driving it

Closed Thread