Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Motorsports Discussions

Old 07-09-2012, 01:19 PM   #43
HufferSS
I Wanna Go Faster!!

Drives: 2011 2SS Synergy Green M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
I wasn't referring necessarily to you specifically, but you do keep replying....
It's a curse.

Quote:

Super Stock cars get down into the mid 8s for a SS/AX or SS/AS. Mine is 9.90s, 10.20s in hot/humid. Yes, it is index racing unless you are racing someone in the same subcategory. Would it be better if I raced Top Fuel, seems like that would be an even bigger disconnect from the "real world" of 5th gen supremacy....
9.90 from a race car and you think you're going to beat a unicorn? Unicorns are fast.

Quote:

And you are right that karts have nothing to do with drag racing,
My other curse....I am right alot.

Quote:

I was just saying that because I am really into racing for position, racing for money, racing for points, racing for real competition, rather than just taking my daily driver to the track. I much prefer having multiple specialized vehicles rather than a do it all compromise in every direction.
Legit Yo.

Quote:

You are right, the race car has no AC (lol). That seems like a little bit of a stupid comparison. LG's race cars don't have AC either. Lingenfelter doesn't have AC. They are race cars. WTF?
Yeah....you're right....but mine does. And power windows...and leather seats....and satellite radio.....and it still smokes your race car like a cheap cigar.

Quote:

Anyways, I have gone wild on plenty of street cars from POS Fox bodies to Corvettes, 4th gen camaros, etc. I am DETERMINED not to overmodify my 5th gen and just drive it around.
Smartest thing you've said yet. Not sure I would do it again if I could go back in time.

Quote:
Its not easy.... So far 16K miles in and I've only tuned it....No bolt ons.... Plus I got married in May and sure enough.....modifications make her frown.:( Oh well, it's worth it so far, I haven't had to give up my toys. Yet....

Mickey Thompsons....I like them.
Me too...but Nittos work fine too.
RPM Level 7 4L80e + Coan Converter
Hendrix 9" Rear Axle + 3.50 Gear
ARH 2" LTs+3.5" Exhaust
Fore Fuel System, Bogarts + Hoosier Slicks
Pfadt Drag Pack Suspension
My Build Thread | Best Pass To Date
HufferSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 01:34 PM   #44
Higgs Boson
Perpetual Order

Drives: indeed
Well, the cars I modded also had AC, I know where you are coming from but still not sure I would call them race cars.... Spec Miatas are race cars and you and I can probably turn better times on foot.

I would really hope your supercharged, no rules car is faster than my NA carb'd 327, lol.... My Z06 was faster, too. It also ran 9s with the 408 and 200 shot, however, it was getting old....Sold it while I still could. Like I said before, all it takes is money. Doesn't mean all that much. It's not like I couldn't build a faster race car and run 6's. Just takes money. I'm really not that interested to spend every hour of my life dealing with a 6 second race car. Mine runs high 9s and all I do is change the oil. That, I like.

Anyways, props to your car, I love big builds, always will. I will probably do another one day although I am already wanting a ZL1....You know, to win garage queen type prizes. :-)
Higgs Boson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 01:51 PM   #45
HufferSS
I Wanna Go Faster!!

Quote:
Well, the cars I modded also had AC, I know where you are coming from but still not sure I would call them race cars.... Spec Miatas are race cars and you and I can probably turn better times on foot.

I would really hope your supercharged, no rules car is faster than my NA carb'd 327, lol.... My Z06 was faster, too. It also ran 9s with the 408 and 200 shot, however, it was getting old....Sold it while I still could. Like I said before, all it takes is money. Doesn't mean all that much. It's not like I couldn't build a faster race car and run 6's. Just takes money. I'm really not that interested to spend every hour of my life dealing with a 6 second race car. Mine runs high 9s and all I do is change the oil. That, I like.

Anyways, props to your car, I love big builds, always will. I will probably do another one day although I am already wanting a ZL1....You know, to win garage queen type prizes. :-)
Any pics of the Super Stock car?
ARH 2" LTs+3.5" Exhaust
My Build Thread | Best Pass To Date
HufferSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 02:07 PM   #46
Higgs Boson
Perpetual Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by HufferSS View Post
Any pics of the Super Stock car?
Sure! Here's a pic I took at my shop. The car is dirty, this was taken after it sat in the trailer all winter, I think this was actually a year ago....not this year. Not that it matters, it looks the same every day for like, 10 years, lol. And a starting line pic as well.

Vid

Yeah.
Attached Images

Last edited by Higgs Boson; 07-11-2012 at 05:35 PM.
Old 07-10-2012, 12:50 PM   #47
Neumatic

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Alright im pretty much in the same boat as the OP. I keep hearing the Corvette rims are the best cheap option. However I have a question about the bolt pattern. I know our bolt pattern is 5X120 but all I find for Corvette rims are 5X120.65. Am I just looking all the wrong places or is the small difference ok? Seems to me the difference is flirting with having vibrations and damaging my studs.

The ones Im thinking about are the 18X9.5, +40mm offset on this page https://www.onlinetires.com/products...lver+dark.html .

Last edited by Neumatic; 07-10-2012 at 04:57 PM.
Neumatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 11:44 PM   #48
SixGracing

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3 A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by HufferSS View Post
Listening is a horrible way of determining whether they work or not....what was her 60'? Automatic or Stick? I don't see an ounce of tire smoke lingering from a burnout either. She is flashing the converter as well instead of coming up on it....so you have a lot of things to fix before blaming a tire.

The bigger diameter wheel...the harder it is to hook...no matter what brand of tire you use.
I'll be the first to admit we have some things to fix. She is new to racing and so am I really. I have done tons of reading and raced a little back in the high school days but we're still learning.

I don't think listening is a terrible thing. From what I understood, when you hear a tire chirpping or spinning, you are losing traction as well as time. Her 60' on this particular run was 1.9 and some change. So far a 1.9 is the best we have launched this car. I know it can do better I've seen less powerful cars do 1.6 and 1.5's out there.

Like I mentioned, her burnout was a little weak. Not much smoke so I think the tires aren't getting hot enough. Also, she was taught how to bring the rpms up before the launch instead of "flashing" the coverter if that's what you call it.

Also, our rear suspension is all stock. No drag components yet. We changed the gearing to the 3.45's like the manuals but that's really it besides the tires. So traction could still improve on several fronts. We are working our way to better launch times and better overall times. But I do think "hearing" helps in knowing whether the tire is gripping or spinning..
Old 07-11-2012, 08:34 AM   #49
MrandMrsNinja

Drives: 11' SGM 2SS/13' GT/08' F-150 4x4
this thread has so much awesomeness in it.

Lex, I like you and I can always count on you to defend our Bimmer family in a time of need, but this was just awesome.

I love how worked up people get on here. I'm just as guilty as the next, so I'm not talkin crap.
Old 07-11-2012, 10:03 PM   #50
Quick

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS 45th
Quote:
Sure! Here's a pic I took at my shop. The car is dirty, this was taken after it sat in the trailer all winter, I think this was actually a year ago....not this year. Not that it matters, it looks the same every day for like, 10 years, lol. And a starting line pic as well.

Vid

Yeah.
Dude...Why are you so nervous at the tree? You've been racing the same car for ten years and you are still that nervous? I may yawn a couple of
times but......

Something wicked this way cometh...
Quick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 10:14 PM   #51
Higgs Boson
Perpetual Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick View Post
Dude...Why are you so nervous at the tree? You've been racing the same car for ten years and you are still that nervous? I may yawn a couple of
times but......
I wasn't nervous, the guy in the other lane was taking freaking forever and I actually bumped in to deep stage and had to back out. lol. I was like wtf is he doing over there? not to mention its 105 degrees at that race and I'm sweating my balls off, lol. but yeah I do look fidgety.

I also have to get myself worked up before each round so I am probably two coffees in. I used to take naps nd it didn't help my lights at all. also i do adjust everything because we are talking about winning or losing by thousandths of seconds each round. a drop of sweat or an itch or something stupid can easily cost me 10 grand.

and I am sure you aren't comparing it to a street car....
Old 07-12-2012, 09:52 AM   #52
Quick

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS 45th
and I am sure you aren't comparing it to a street car....[/QUOTE]

Why so condescending? This from a guy who compares himself to
the "God particle".

Something wicked this way cometh...
Quick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 10:30 AM   #53
lexlueger

Drives: V10 BMW M5, Supercharged 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrandMrsNinja View Post
this thread has so much awesomeness in it.

Lex, I like you and I can always count on you to defend our Bimmer family in a time of need, but this was just awesome.

I love how worked up people get on here. I'm just as guilty as the next, so I'm not talkin crap.
Lol, can't have these bowtie guys disrespecting the roundel!!

: Ninja edit has been edited.
IW 8 RIB PULLEY W/ OD COG REARS
NX EXPRESS/NANO KIT

KDI HEAT EXCHANGER/ROTOFAB RESERVOIR
CIRCLE D 2800 TC/FLEX PLATE/ADM TRANS COOLER
DSS DRIVESHAFT/1400 HP AXLES
EATON TRUETRAC -LPE 3.27 GEARS
DYNATECH HEADERS/MAGNAFLOW EXHAUST
SQUASH RETURN STYLE FS ID 850's E85/ FLEXFUEL
BMR/EIBACH SUSPENSION

KILL MODE, ON.

lexlueger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 12:08 PM   #54
Higgs Boson
Perpetual Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick View Post
and I am sure you aren't comparing it to a street car....
Why so condescending? This from a guy who compares himself to
the "God particle".[/QUOTE]

It was more of a question as to what you are comparing it to. Because, yes, it is easy to fall asleep when no perfect reaction time is needed and are outside a highly competitive environment, it's two different worlds. I take it by your response you are talking about a street car so you feel I am being condescending? Otherwise, I would assume you would have just said, no I am comparing it to my xxxxx race car, or something to that effect. I mean, let's be honest, YOU are the one who is critiquing my video and my movements. You mean to tell me you are doing that when you have never been in a similar situation? Maybe it's best to just not say anything at all.....? If you drive a Top Fuel dragster and are are as calm and easygoing at the starting line as when you are passing out drunk then I would only give you props because I can only imagine how intense that situation must be. I wouldn't ask you why you are moving around when I have no concept of the situation.

As far as my screen name goes, I have used it since the early 2000s when I first learned about the higgs boson and what it was predicted to do, I have a science thing, and thought it was awesome. We are talking about 10+ years ago.... now that they have "found it" it's not as cool anymore. So now I have to think of a new name, which isn't easy!
Old 07-12-2012, 12:40 PM   #55
HufferSS
I Wanna Go Faster!!

How bout we just call you Earl?

You inspire me.
ARH 2" LTs+3.5" Exhaust