Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 05-28-2009, 07:00 PM   #1
DJ ATOMIX
<< CRAZY BEE >>

Drives: 400HP 2LT/RS
My Massive Car Audio Installation

Those of you who only enjoy the sweet roar of the Camaro should stop readying any further, all car audio enthusiests, please read on!

Today I picked up the wiring for the car audio for the Camaro! I ended up going with 0 gauge and 4 gauge wiring for the power cables.

So this is it, my stereo is completely purchased and ready to be installed into the car! Problem is, I'm still waiting for my car to arrive which should be within the next month hopefully as I was told end of June.

The setup consists of:
1. 4 10" Premier shallow mount subs which will fit nicely in the trunk and I will still have tons of space left when the install is complete.

2. Premier 4-way top 6x9s for the rear factory speaker replacement.

3. Premier TS-C720PRS competition components for the door speaker replacements.

4. Premier PRS-D1200SPL competition amplifier for the subs.

5. Premier ICE POWERED PRS-D4200F amplifier for the front and rear speakers.

6. 8-Farad Sound Stream Capacitor to ensure high clean energy levels at all times.

7. A mountain of splitter connection pieces, converter kits and fuses to ensure proper installation.

8. 10 feet of 0 gauge wire from battery to cap to splitter, 10 feet of 4 gauge wire from splitter to each amp, 25 feet of 12 gauge wire for the 4 subs and 120 feet of 16 gauge wire to wire up all the speakers in the car and wire signal from the factory speakre wire which I have a converter for to tap into to achieve a small signal.

When the time comes, I will ensure to take tons of photos showing my installation process as I'm doing it all myself with the help of a friend to help build the custom sub boxes. My sub boxes will be pushed against the cars trunk side walls with the subs facing each other. All the parts will be mounted to a board at which the sub boxes will also be mounted too. All parts will be protected by a wooden compartment which I will build ontop of the board.

When I get started, there will be photos and an explination on how I did the entire install. For now, all I have is photos of the goods awaiting the sweet Camaro! If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask. Car audio bashers, please be nice to me as I'm making an attempt to make this install as clean as possible. I'm just anti factory stereo kind of a guy i guess.

Shaun
Attached Images

CRAZY BEE - IOM 2LT/RS (more)
Cosmetic Mods - 24 | Performance Mods - 14
ROTO-FAB CAI - DT HEADERS - CUSTOM 3-INCH PIPE EXHAUST - RES DEL - R-CATS DEL - MAGNAFLOW RES X-PIPE - 91 OCTANE TUNE - FULL ADM KIT - PORTED IM - PORTED TB - PORTED CH - BLACK 3/8 ISOLATOR - TRIFECTA TUNED
DJ ATOMIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 07:22 PM   #2
Evotion
Warehouse 13 Survivor!!!!

Drives: '13 ZL1 - 69' Camaro
What are your plans for the stereo integration? I used the JL Audio cleansweep on my old Mazdaspeed6, unfortunately lost some of the steering wheel functions.

Keep us updated.
Evotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 07:26 PM   #3
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Awesome! Definitely keep us updated. Love Pioneer products
Old 05-28-2009, 07:26 PM   #4
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
Did Pioneer sponsor you or something?
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 07:27 PM   #5
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SLVRBULIT View Post
Did Pioneer sponsor you or something?
He probably has OCD and wanted it all to match like me
Old 05-28-2009, 09:59 PM   #6
jpsuperman81
Yep I'm back!

Drives: 2017 Krypton Green 1SS 1LE
I'm very brand whorish myself when it comes to most things so i can't say anything. This will be an interesting project.
jpsuperman81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 10:09 PM   #7
DJ ATOMIX
<< CRAZY BEE >>

Drives: 400HP 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evotion View Post
What are your plans for the stereo integration? I used the JL Audio cleansweep on my old Mazdaspeed6, unfortunately lost some of the steering wheel functions.

Keep us updated.
The only integration I'm using is the (SVEN4) peripheral speaker out to low level rca connector convertor. Other than that, everything is being driven off the factory deck along side a 32GB Corsair Voyager flash drive I ordered online for $86CAD a few days ago.

All you need to do for an overhaul is to cut the wire from your factory speakers and run the wire (all four outputs minus center channel) to the SVEN4 and bam, you got front and rear preouts for $35. Then with multiple amps, all you do is dixxy chain the preouts from one amp to the next!

Once you got preouts, you can pretty much do whatever you want.

Along with the SVEN, I've attached photos of what a competition component door speaker looks like outside of the box. This is Pioneer's C720PRS in all its glory sporting a carbon fibre basket and titanium independent cone. There is also a tweeter but I just left it in the stirefoam. Honestly whatever brand you choose for replacing; the components are by far the most important portion of the car audio system. For those of you who dont want subs but want more thump, these components thump much much better than the stock factory Boston Acoustics ones. I also snapped a photo of the fuse I'm using that I will wire up just before the capacitor. In a system like this, I went with a 250AMP fuse.

Shaun
Attached Images

CRAZY BEE - IOM 2LT/RS (more)
Cosmetic Mods - 24 | Performance Mods - 14
ROTO-FAB CAI - DT HEADERS - CUSTOM 3-INCH PIPE EXHAUST - RES DEL - R-CATS DEL - MAGNAFLOW RES X-PIPE - 91 OCTANE TUNE - FULL ADM KIT - PORTED IM - PORTED TB - PORTED CH - BLACK 3/8 ISOLATOR - TRIFECTA TUNED
DJ ATOMIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 10:09 PM   #8
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
Yeah, doesn't the stereo have some of the brains of the car? What happens when you remove it? I know when I swapped out my stock deck in my 2002 Monte Carlo with a Alpine deck that would control my iPod I had to add all kinds of harness' and such to keep intergration with steering wheel controls and door chimes. It was a pain in the ass and expensive. Good luck. Post pics when you're done.
Old 05-28-2009, 11:56 PM   #9
Evotion
Warehouse 13 Survivor!!!!

Drives: '13 ZL1 - 69' Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSOOCH View Post
Yeah, doesn't the stereo have some of the brains of the car? What happens when you remove it? I know when I swapped out my stock deck in my 2002 Monte Carlo with a Alpine deck that would control my iPod I had to add all kinds of harness' and such to keep intergration with steering wheel controls and door chimes. It was a pain in the ass and expensive. Good luck. Post pics when you're done.
He won't be bypassing any factory stuff at all... in fact as he pointed out in answering my question... all he is doing is running everything from the speakers back, doesn't have to mess with the head unit at all.
Evotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 02:29 AM   #10
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
Piggy back. Old school tricks from the 80's reborn again.
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 02:42 AM   #11
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Well dude...you just blew my plans out of the water!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 03:01 AM   #12
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
I never understood the whole point of audio system upgrades.

But still looks cool
Old 05-29-2009, 06:39 AM   #13
Zeus95

Drives: IOM 2010 - 2SS/RS
Keep us informed. I'm not going this crazy, but do want to make some minor upgrades.
Thanks !
2010 2SS/RS IOM Upgrades: Fastlane CAI / SLP II Loudmouth axle back / V Max Ported TB / Kook's Step Long Tube Headers / High flow cats / Straightline Tune / BMR front & rear sway bars / Hotchkin End Links / Hurst Short Throw. LG ZR28 Wheels 1 of 2 sets made. Pfadt trailing arms / Diff Bushings & Sub Frame bushings / 1LE Axle & Hubs.
Zeus95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 06:47 AM   #14
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Are you going to wear ear-plugs while you listen to this in the car?