Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 05-08-2013, 11:26 PM   #1
ATD34
Aseem Ali

Drives: 2010 Black Chevy Camaro SS L99
ZL1 corsa exhaust on SS

Hey everyone! This is my first post and completely new to this forum thing so I apologize in advance for any mishaps. Anyway lets get down to the question! I currently have a 2010 Camaro SS and absolutely love the quad set up look on the ZL1 Camaro. I am also in love with the Corsa Sport Catback. Would welding quad tips on the corsa exhaust and ordering a new diffuser work or would I be better off ordering the ZL1 exhaust along with a new diffuser? Would the ZL1 exhaust fit in the 2010 SS?
ATD34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 11:30 PM   #2
Blue17CamaroZL1
650HP soon to come

Drives: 2017 Chevy Camaro ZL1
I've inquired about the same thing and according to the guy at Juiced Motorsports, he says the Corsa ZL1 exhaust will bolt up to an SS.

As for the diffuser, you can look into the ZL1 diffuser or look at this thread I created for assistance:

1LE Diffuser

Blue17CamaroZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 11:33 PM   #3
Deputy 702
Zombie Hunter. . .

Drives: 2011 2ss/RS
Yes the ZL1 corsa exhaust will fit the ss. You will need the ZL1 diffuser or you can order a 1LE diffuser or a 2013 Diffuser...The ZL1 requires some modification and is the more expensive route. BUT it gets the look you want and will look killer with the corsa catback. I have these parts waiting to go in monday. Iv'e had them for a few months just that when i ordered the diffuser kit i didn't all the brackets and when i called the company they sent me a new set but i still did not get everything i needed so i just ordered it all on my own and i just got it all in yesterday. Offer sells a diffuser that is modified and will fit like the original without modification. Because he takes and modifies an original piece to accept quad tips. All you have to do is buy the quad tips you want and have a shop weld them in place for you. That would be the cheapest and easiest way to get the quad set up you want.
Deputy 702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 11:41 PM   #4
ATD34
Aseem Ali

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deputy 702 View Post
Yes the ZL1 corsa exhaust will fit the ss. You will need the ZL1 diffuser or you can order a 1LE diffuser or a 2013 Diffuser...The ZL1 requires some modification and is the more expensive route. BUT it gets the look you want and will look killer with the corsa catback. I have these parts waiting to go in monday. Iv'e had them for a few months just that when i ordered the diffuser kit i didn't all the brackets and when i called the company they sent me a new set but i still did not get everything i needed so i just ordered it all on my own and i just got it all in yesterday. Offer sells a diffuser that is modified and will fit like the original without modification. Because he takes and modifies an original piece to accept quad tips. All you have to do is buy the quad tips you want and have a shop weld them in place for you. That would be the cheapest and easiest way to get the quad set up you want.
Thanks! This helps a lot! looks like i'll just roll with the ZL1 exhaust just because I don't want to mess with the whole welding stuff. As for diffusers my buddy's shop will adjust the stock diffuser I have right now so the quad tips can fit properly.
Old 05-14-2013, 01:44 AM   #5
BAWLZ SS

Drives: '10 Camaro LS3 2SS/RS, 1968 Nova
I have an SS with the ZL1 diffuser and the ZL1 Corsa exhaust. Yes it will bolt right up. I got mine with the black diamond tips! I might be selling it depending on how.it sounds with headers. Not sure. Im a Borla Guy!
Attached Images

Performance- Kooks Headers w/HF cats, ZL1 Corsa exhaust, VMax, CAI Inc. CAI, MGW shifter, RX CC Suspension - KW V3 Coilovers/ Full PFADT & BMR suspension Appearance - ZL1 Fascia/Sides/ Diffuser, AAC Afterburners, RK Sport 3pc Spoiler, SLP Black out Kit
BAWLZ SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 11:59 PM   #6
1sikRS

Drives: chevy
nice parking ^^^^^
1sikRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 12:29 AM   #7
ATD34
Aseem Ali

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAWLZ SS View Post
I have an SS with the ZL1 diffuser and the ZL1 Corsa exhaust. Yes it will bolt right up. I got mine with the black diamond tips! I might be selling it depending on how.it sounds with headers. Not sure. Im a Borla Guy!
How did it work out for you? Did you have any problems? How did it sound? thinking about doing what you did sometime this week!