Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 01-28-2011, 09:25 AM   #1429
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT

I'm sure if it did let go. we'd hear it all the way out here...

GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 09:26 AM   #1430
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
Actually, the car is pretty close to being done. There are always 1,000 little items to close on, but in general it is pretty close. Waiting on the diff to be shipped. There was a small delay in heat treating and powder coating but once we get that then we can modify the upper rear components and measure for the driveshaft.

The center console gauges should be done soon too. They will look just like the factory 4 pack, but have custom Boost, A/F, Fuel Pressure and Tranny Temp guts in there... The computers log all data so we can play back all of the sensors and see what the car was doing during any given run.

After that it is just finish installing the hood, grille and front splitter, splash on a little "special" paint and good to go.

Haven't heard any explosions in the dyno room, so that is a good thing.
That's a good thing, LOL! I was looking at more of the pics' again the other day and there was a lot of on the key board when I was done, lol. I can't wait to see the "special" paint

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // TooHighPSI Port Injection // FF // Katech Low Side // Soler 103 // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 10:39 AM   #1431
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Thanks Bruce, I know everyone is as interested as me to see the videos but we want longevity too for you as well, we jauts ai't paitient. LOL

I just think it is so cool what you are doing to your ride and am really interested in the finished product.
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 11:17 AM   #1432
Brianskeet
Brianskeet

Drives: RJTC 1SS RS L99
You will definitely deserve a patients award for this. Half of C5 is pulling our hair out just to see it. Can't imagine what it would be like to be waiting to drive it!
ARH 1 7/8 coated LT, High flows, Corsa L99 exhaust, Vmax CNC throttle body, Elite Engineering catch can and tunnel brace, C.A.I. Apex Washer relocation and scoop, Janetty Tune, MSD wires, DEI heat shields, RB rotors and pads, Mike the powder coater calipers, pedders lines, Forgestar F14's, Gorilla nutz, MTI spoiler finished by Gary, Gary's Customz Bow Ties, Side Markers and Tails tinted, Bezels matte black, Badges deleted, Windows Tinted, AAC DRL P13W lights, AAC tinted LED reverse lights, AAC LED interior lights, RPI match painted DRL Bezels, Lis plate frame, Lloyds mats
Brianskeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 03:50 PM   #1433
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post

I'm sure if it did let go. we'd hear it all the way out here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
That's a good thing, LOL! I was looking at more of the pics' again the other day and there was a lot of on the key board when I was done, lol. I can't wait to see the "special" paint
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jkel View Post
Thanks Bruce, I know everyone is as interested as me to see the videos but we want longevity too for you as well, we jauts ai't paitient. LOL

I just think it is so cool what you are doing to your ride and am really interested in the finished product.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianskeet View Post
You will definitely deserve a patients award for this. Half of C5 is pulling our hair out just to see it. Can't imagine what it would be like to be waiting to drive it!
Here are a couple of links that may be of slight interest:
http://www.nelsonracingengines.com/t...WIN-TURBO.html
http://www.nelsonracingengines.com/t...-Injector.html
Old 01-28-2011, 03:52 PM   #1434
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
yowsa.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 03:53 PM   #1435
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Are those from yours?!

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // TooHighPSI Port Injection // FF // Katech Low Side // Soler 103 // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
Old 01-28-2011, 04:01 PM   #1436
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Quote:
Are those from yours?!
I'm sure that's the point. Amazing!
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 04:01 PM   #1437
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
I'm sure that's the point. Amazing!
No doubt!

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Old 01-28-2011, 04:03 PM   #1438
calbert1999
Camaro SS Lover

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black IOM
Quote:
Are those from yours?!
OMG; Checked out the website. Wow. All the work looks totally custom. I"m sker'd. LOL
Car's gonna' be sick dude. One of a kind for sure.
Old 01-28-2011, 05:09 PM   #1439
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
I"m gonna break a commandment with Speedsters car.
Old 01-28-2011, 05:13 PM   #1440
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com

Drives: Camaro LSX
I think we should've filmed a reality TV show on your build.

I just want you to assure us all that this car will be ready for the fest. If I'm dragging my 'ol beater all the way to Arizona, I want to see the holy grail.
Dangeruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 05:16 PM   #1441
jrpxxii

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 427ci
Quote:
Actually, the car is pretty close to being done. There are always 1,000 little items to close on, but in general it is pretty close. Waiting on the diff to be shipped. There was a small delay in heat treating and powder coating but once we get that then we can modify the upper rear components and measure for the driveshaft.
My pieces are together with yours as you and I must be on same schedule. My car is basically finished up and waiting on GForce and then getting measured for the carbon driveshaft as well. Its a relief to know we are finally getting to the home stretch. Hope to be driving with you sooner than later.
Old 01-29-2011, 01:31 AM   #1442
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Special paint, eh? Is that like... Blackbird special speed rated paint Mach II?
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
engine psi > tire psi, f5....., holy crap!, horsepower, omgwtfbbqsaucepowa!!!, speedster, sst, turbo