Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 07-21-2011, 05:00 PM   #1
Ivas
el Ruco

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS (now runnin' TENS )
Question Hypnosis, key to happier life?

This is a query for you whiz kids out there, specifically any of you who are qualified in behavioral psychology.

Is there any way of implanting a suggestion in a human, or nearly human mind, let's say a mother-in-law's mind, to get on a plane and fly away to some distant and unknown destination, never to return?

This has gotta' be a permanent commitment. I don't wanna' her flyin' back here when she finds the nearest broom.
Ivas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 05:04 PM   #2
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
Hire these guys:

Old 07-21-2011, 05:05 PM   #3
PB3

Drives: 2010 CGM 2LT/RS/GFX/M6
Bwahaha!!
Old 07-21-2011, 05:28 PM   #4
Z28RockStar

Drives: 2SS/RS CGM 6M, 2007 Harley Deluxe
Talking BWAHAHAHAHAHA! ! ! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivas View Post
This is a query for you whiz kids out there, specifically any of you who are qualified in behavioral psychology.

Is there any way of implanting a suggestion in a human, or nearly human mind, let's say a mother-in-law's mind, to get on a plane and fly away to some distant and unknown destination, never to return?

This has gotta' be a permanent commitment. I don't wanna' her flyin' back here when she finds the nearest broom.
Feel you on that! Here, look, act, walk, talk, dress like this. . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by PB3 View Post
Bwahaha!!
OH AND THE IMPORTANT PART. . . . THE BACKHOE PIC IS TO BE DONE IN HER FLOWER BED!
Attached Images

Old 07-21-2011, 08:38 PM   #5
ROBOSSRS

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS Inferno Orange
Quote:

Don't quit your day job bro, I don't think you'll make as a comedian.
ROBOSSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 08:53 PM   #6
Ivas
el Ruco

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS (now runnin' TENS )
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanddemon View Post
Don't quit your day job bro, I don't think you'll make as a comedian.
For a minute there, I was enjoying the adulations of my public. But now, I'm SURE I like the story; it makes me laugh, too.
Ivas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 09:25 PM   #7
TOMS1SS

Drives: NA
Who needs hypnosis?

TOMS1SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 02:11 AM   #8
B2k4E
Listen to cereal guy...

Drives: 1986 Z28 Camaro 383 TPI
Hypnosis?!? Why the hell would you believe in that pile of-- ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

Today I went to Orielly's to change out my serpentine belt, as I walked by one of the Orielly's associates who was helping somebody asked me if I knew where the sparkplugs would be on a Honda Civic... I simply told him that; "I don't know, I only work on American vehicles."

He told me that was the best damn answer he ever heard.
B2k4E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 02:21 AM   #9
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
1. Reciprocation: Give her a small gift or do her a favor, she'llfeel obligated to return the favor.
2. Commitment and Consistency: People don't want to be seen as inconsistent. So if she is made to be viewed as a good person, that does what her son-in-law asks for, she will more likely respond to your requests.
3. Social Proof: Very simple. Other mothers don't live with their kids and in law. Do as others do
4. Liking: Maker yourself likeable, she is more likely to respond to your requests. Best way to become likeable. Tell the person you like them.
5. Authority: "I am the man of the house, get out of it" (Of course you have to word it in a more subtle way, you don't want to counter-act steps 1-4).
6. Scarcity: You can forget about this one. Unless you find a way to work it in, it doesn't apply to this situation.
Old 07-22-2011, 06:27 AM   #10
Stingr69
'69 Owned Since '79

Drives: '69 Z/28 LeMans Blue w/White
Quote:

There was this guy living in Pakistan that was pretty good at doing that but the US government recently shut him down.

-Mark.
Stingr69 is offline   Reply With Quote